Wealdstone (a) The All Stations To Uxbridge Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Re: Wealdstone (a) The All Stations To Uxbridge Thread

beew wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 22:45 Is the signing of Hooper, anything to do with our current troubles? Seems strange that so many players have gone off the boil since his arrival at the start of October.
No
john dockers shorts

becbee wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 23:09
hoppy wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 21:21
Roy57 wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 21:17 Attendance 2,515 with 556 Bees fans.
Thats more than a 100 less than we took to Chesterfield.
Where were the missing fans?
I can't speak for the missing 100 or so but speaking for 3 of us who went to Chesterfield but skipped Wealdstone, it makes complete sense to us. Chesterfield was a huge occasion, a match of the season and at that time optimism was high. Wealdstone was a match coming after 3 successive defeats at a horrible ground and optimism was low.
I suspect the only reason for there being as many at Wealdstone as there was is because it's so local.
You missed a very entertaining game, had a perfect view from the seats then moved into the terrace. Personally preferred it to the Vanilla stadium of Chesterfield.
john dockers shorts

beew wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 22:45 Is the signing of Hooper, anything to do with our current troubles? Seems strange that so many players have gone off the boil since his arrival at the start of October.
Unless he takes their sweets of them at training, he rarely features...thankfully
BeesKnees99

The silence on this board is deafening.
CrawleyBee

BeesKnees99 wrote: 26 Nov 2023, 11:26 The silence on this board is deafening.
Tbh what is there to say? Last 4 games have been a disaster. On paper we’re still in a great position, but we have been awful. I don’t even think Brennan knows why and we certainly don’t. We can all speculate, but something has gone drastically wrong. We have a while until our next league game to put it right. In all honesty we were found out well before the last 4 games, Dorking, Fylde are the two that spring to mind. The time off the league has come at the right time, just hope we can put up a fight against Newport to limit further confidence damage. Frustrating times due to the high standards we once had.
Formerly Watfordbee
hoofer2

Could do worse than asking Fairclough to help tweak the approach to defending. He went to a 5 too. In the chaotic season he steadied things before Bassey joined
amberforever

Tumble leaving? Was this Mel? He did seem an excellent tactician/advisor
CrawleyBee

hoofer2 wrote: 26 Nov 2023, 12:02 Could do worse than asking Fairclough to help tweak the approach to defending. He went to a 5 too. In the chaotic season he steadied things before Bassey joined
Definitely an experienced head is needed, think losing Tumble has had a greater effect than we imagined.
Formerly Watfordbee
BeesKnees99

CrawleyBee wrote:
Tbh what is there to say? Last 4 games have been a disaster. On paper we’re still in a great position, but we have been awful. I don’t even think Brennan knows why and we certainly don’t. We can all speculate, but something has gone drastically wrong. We have a while until our next league game to put it right. In all honesty we were found out well before the last 4 games, Dorking, Fylde are the two that spring to mind. The time off the league has come at the right time, just hope we can put up a fight against Newport to limit further confidence damage. Frustrating times due to the high standards we once had.
Conceding 13 goals in 4 games tells me exactly what the problem is. A previously dominant midfield now parts like the Red Sea. Our back line is a bag of nerves. And Laurie doesn’t save anything anymore.

DB needs to drop this stubborn, arrogant attitude of his, and find a way to shore up that defence or he’s going to squander our best chance in years to get out of this league.
hoofer2

also....

Same happened last season... Wynter, Collinge, Beard sustained injuries and defence and rhythm lost.

This season Collinge, Oluwu, Coker, Hall-Johnson...

Oluwu is clearly not as same level as before. Coker anonymous. Collinge timing is off. Hall-Johnson has not got close to expected levels and injured
Ajtheone04

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but the list of staff on the Chesterfield website says that they have: A manager, an assistant manager, a first-team coach and a club analyst as their coaching staff whilst they also only have one club doctor and no other medical staff.

That means that we actually have one, potentially two if you include KR, coaches more than them (and the same number of medical staff when looking at that debate). I don't think we need an extra person to come in coach, I just think that we might need to reallocate some time in our training sessions to brush up on things like set pieces and funnelling. And what better time to do that than during a week of cup games.
Jdk103

What do you want, realistically?
Chainsaw

It's noticeable that a few times earlier this season DB stated that successful teams keep clean sheets.
He hasn't said that for quite a while which might mean that at some level he's lost faith in this set of of defenders. He also said that it's harder to find a good defender than a good striker. At the time I thought he was being contrary but now I'm thinking he was being sincere.
Also that added on time. Five minutes turning into almost ten. That's got to be wrong.
john dockers shorts

Jdk103 wrote: 26 Nov 2023, 13:01
What do you want, realistically?
Lots of knee jerk irrational and emotional reactions :P
hoppy

Chainsaw wrote: 26 Nov 2023, 14:19 It's noticeable that a few times earlier this season DB stated that successful teams keep clean sheets.
He hasn't said that for quite a while which might mean that at some level he's lost faith in this set of of defenders. He also said that it's harder to find a good defender than a good striker. At the time I thought he was being contrary but now I'm thinking he was being sincere.
Also that added on time. Five minutes turning into almost ten. That's got to be wrong.
To be fair, at 2 2 the excessive added on time was the same for both teams. Wealdstone took advantage, we didn’t.