Southend (A)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tickets

Southend (A)

Currently 25 sold. Can't see more than 200/300 there due to no overground trains.

Tube is running on a sunday service so can get to Upminster (furthest East on district line) - Its then a 35 minute drive from there, anyone know how to complete this last stretch, buses?
Reckless

Re: Southend (A)

Meet 5 handed in pub outside Upminster Station - Cab Share £120.00 return £24.00 each.
Shrimperama

Shrimpers fan here.

I'm really surprised at how few you've sold for the game at roots hall.

Around 30 odd so far. I get that there are problems with the trains but it's not a long journey by car or coach. With you in the play offs I would have expected 500+

Looking forward to the game at your place on the 30th. Think we will sell out. We've sold around 1700 tickets so far. Not bad for a club with around 12 players available and just 3 points outside the relegation zone.
11bee717

Shrimperama wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 13:13 Shrimpers fan here.

I'm really surprised at how few you've sold for the game at roots hall.

Around 30 odd so far. I get that there are problems with the trains but it's not a long journey by car or coach. With you in the play offs I would have expected 500+

Looking forward to the game at your place on the 30th. Think we will sell out. We've sold around 1700 tickets so far. Not bad for a club with around 12 players available and just 3 points outside the relegation zone.
It’s the 12th of December mate. Southend away on Boxing Day isn’t one of the more pressing matters at the moment
John Hunt

Let the telly take the strain. Seasides are depressing places at Christmas.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
jerroll

John Hunt wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 13:57 Let the telly take the strain. Seasides are depressing places at Christmas.
garbage comment , support the team at the ground. having suffered that stupid season in 20/21 I will never watch Barnet anywhere but at the ground the game is being played at.
John Hunt

A bit dismissive Mr Erroll.

If the game was at home on Boxing Day I would be watching at the Hive.

If the game was accessible by public transport over the Christmas period i would be watching at Roots Hall. I look forward to festive football. To see Mauro in action hopefully too.

As it is i am happy to be afforded the opportunity to benefit from the subscription i pay to TNT to watch my team play from the comfort of my sofa. Particularly after an expensive Christmas.

Furthermore i am happy there is a game to watch at all for their fans and ours. I feared the plight of Southend may mean no boxing day football this year.

But i still maintain that i find Seasides depressing places at Christmas.
jerroll

John Hunt wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 14:34 A bit dismissive Mr Erroll.

If the game was accessible by public transport over the Christmas period i would be watching at Roots Hall. I look forward to festive football. To see Mauro in action hopefully too.

As it is i am happy to be afforded the opportunity to benefit from the subscription i pay to TNT to watch my team play from the comfort of my sofa. Particularly after an expensive Christmas.

Furthermore i am happy there is a game to watch at all for their fans and ours. I feared the plight of Southend may mean no boxing day football this year.

good luck to you but watching football on a live stream is far more depressing than the seaside.
ricardobee

The seaside is a lovely place at Christmas, hardly any tourists. Lovely walks along the front, you can’t beat it. But I miss Boxing Day at Underhill.
Shrimperama

TBF. As a Southend fan, I really liked trips to Underhill.

Great pub right by the ground. Terrace and a decent trip.

I was genuinely shocked at the hive on my first visit.

One end missing with 5 a side football being played and empty stands on either side.

Not a patch on your old stadium.

As bad a roots hall is, I'm glad that the new owners want us to stay at roots hall and refurbish the old girl. A genuine heartbeat close to the town/city centre.
becbee

Be fair, it's your second post in a few days about preferring to watch us play on TV rather than wrapping up warmly and getting out in the fresh air to watch us live.

I don't see the relevance of what you think of the seaside at Christmas. I appreciate that Roots Hall is only a couple of miles from the seaside - but every time I've been there I've just parked and gone straight to the ground. It could have been 100 miles inland for the difference it made.

I agree with Jerroll about watching those streams during 20/21!
John Hunt

becbee wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 16:26

Be fair, it's your second post in a few days about preferring to watch us play on TV rather than wrapping up warmly and getting out in the fresh air to watch us live.

I don't see the relevance of what you think of the seaside at Christmas. I appreciate that Roots Hall is only a couple of miles from the seaside - but every time I've been there I've just parked and gone straight to the ground. It could have been 100 miles inland for the difference it made.

And so do I agree with Jerroll about those streams. However watching games in my home when i otherwise would not have been able to attend such as tonight and on Boxing Day is a win for me and as for my observation about seasides at Christmas it is because the game is being played close to the seaside the day after Christmas Day.

I am sorry i offended your sense of relevance. I will be careful in future.

However i have to admit Southport and Great Yarmouth (Ricardo) is lovely any time of year and Seaton Carew was unseasonably warm when the coach stopped there on route to Hartlepool one season.

Enjoy the game tonight for those of you are going and those of you who are not. Likewise on Boxing Day.
hoppy

ricardobee wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 15:05 The seaside is a lovely place at Christmas, hardly any tourists. Lovely walks along the front, you can’t beat it. But I miss Boxing Day at Underhill.
I agree with all three sentences.
john dockers shorts

John Hunt wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 16:34
becbee wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 16:26

And so do I agree with Jerroll about those streams. However watching games in my home when i otherwise would not have been able to attend such as tonight and on Boxing Day is a win for me and as for my observation about seasides at Christmas it is because the game is being played close to the seaside the day after Christmas Day.

I am sorry i offended your sense of relevance. I will be careful in future.

However i have to admit Southport and Great Yarmouth (Ricardo) is lovely any time of year and Seaton Carew was unseasonably warm when the coach stopped there on route to Hartlepool one season.

Enjoy the game tonight for those of you are going and those of you who are not. Likewise on Boxing Day.

Imagine living in a world where people choose to do something differently....mind blown!

Hope you get a nice warm coat to wrap up in apparently you need it lol

I'm watching from the comfort of my sofa tonight....
Doyley

Rubbish view from the terrace at Southend too, it’s too low down