Southend (A)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Spaceman Spiff

Re: Southend (A)

Ah yes absolutely agree... I forgot about them.
jamiefrbees

And Alty seem to have gone from strength to strength ever since losing their landmark signing to injury against us.
letchbee94

pgbee wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 13:23
Spaceman Spiff wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 13:11 Thanks, we hope so! It does look as though the takeover will eventually happen. The consortium are in too deep now having funded the club for months already (hence wage payments going away as an issue recently - its not thanks to Ron).

Next season in the NL could be interesting... fully expect to have said goodbye to Chesterfield. You or one of the awkward squad (Bromley, Boring Wood and Solihull) will go up with them. Make sure its you please - those three clubs don't deserve it.

That will leave next season possibly as a fight between us, Oldham, Hartlepool, the awkward squad and yourselves if you're still here. I can't see those clubs hovering by the trapdoor in League Two challenging for the NL title next season unless they undergo massive rebuilds a la Grimsby recently.
Gateshead have a good chance imo
Unless their former boss comes in for some of their better players.
Tickets

hoppy

That’s low but given the train strikes and tv coverage totally understandable
jerroll

hoppy wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 13:47 That’s low but given the train strikes and tv coverage totally understandable
What train strikes? Its boxing day, national rail doesn't run on boxing day!
hoppy

jerroll wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 13:59
hoppy wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 13:47 That’s low but given the train strikes and tv coverage totally understandable
What train strikes? Its boxing day, national rail doesn't run on boxing day!
Well they should do! 😊
John Hunt

It is my contention that public transport should run on Christmas Day. Not everyone celebrates and it would help some who don't drive.

And bring back Christmas Day football.
Last edited by John Hunt on 25 Dec 2023, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
becbee

John Hunt wrote: 25 Dec 2023, 16:02 Public transport should run on Christmas Day. Not everyone celebrates and it would help some who don't drive.

And bring back Christmas Day football.
How selfish of you.
Quite clearly, unlike me, your childhood Christmases were not adversely affected every year by having a father who had to work on Xmas Day just so that people could catch a train.
Not an essential service and quite correct when that ceased.
Likewise Christmas Day football.
John Hunt

How is it selfish?

We live in a multi cultural society where not all are christians.

Some people may prefer to work on December 25th but have the option to take their religious days off. A skeleton service could work voluntarily staffed.

This would serve people who don't drive like me getting from a to b without using Shanks' pony, ubers or the goodwill of others.

So there was public transport on Christmas Day. I am sorry that it disrupted your Christmases. The cultural mix has changed dramatically since i was a child and i thought it could be looked at to see if it is viable.

Many other industries have to operate at Christmas. Care homes, pubs. Without public transport it makes it harder for these workers to get to work or for families to visit loved ones. For some no access to transport can leave them alone and vulnerable.

So while i appreciate your viewpoint there are two sides to every story and it doesn't make either right or wrong.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and to all who frequent this message board.
becbee

There are very many people of all faiths and none who will not have been to church last night or today but have nevertheless enjoyed a family day today and wouldn't have wished to be at work.
I am not engaging further.
John Hunt

Some may have. Some may not have.

Some may choose to not engage further. Some may choose to.
foxy

John... your recent comments are a little odd!

You dont want to travel to southend or the dive because Barnet FC are on tv yet you are disappointed there is no public transport on Christmas Day!!!!

Surely its one or the other?
John Hunt

Hello Foxy.

Oh i do want to go to Southend but i can't.

I couldn't make The Hive that night. I think it was Oldham. I planned to go on the Tuesday before it was moved.

There are no trains on Boxing Day and we don't have a coach. If there had been i could have gone.

Therefore my views are consistent.

I am happy that i have the option to watch it on the telly though but i fully appreciate the optimum viewing experience is actually being there. Having public transport would make it easier for all. Likewise having walk up sales available too.

It is what it is.

Are you still resident in Portugal? Are the streams good quality now?

By the way we have a,college reunion on Dec 30th so can't go to the Home match v Southend. Shoot me if you must.
Last edited by John Hunt on 25 Dec 2023, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

John Hunt wrote: 25 Dec 2023, 17:47 Hello Foxy.

Oh i do want to go to Southend but i can't.

I couldn't make The Hive that night. I think it was Oldham. I planned to go on tje Tuesday before it was noved.

There are no trains on Boxing Day and we don't have a coach. If there had been i could have gone.

Therefore my views are consistent.

I am happy that i have the option to watch it on the telly though but i fully appreciate the optimum viewing experience is actually being there. Having public transport would make it easier for all. Likewise having walk up sales available too.

It is what it is.

Are you still resident in Portugal? Are the streams good quality now?

By the way we have a,college reunion on Dec 30th so can't go to the Home match v Southend. Shoot me if you must.
If that last bit’s an offer, we’ll have to form an orderly queue :D