Newport County (Hive) The Hot Burton Topic Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Newport County (Hive) The Hot Burton Topic Match Thread

So..... Tuesday sees the bees take on Newport County in the replay of their 2nd round FA Cup Tie.

A well deserved draw in Wales, despite Walker being called in to action a couple of times to keep County at bay and we enter the replay with both clubs in turmoil. Newport are still waiting for the takeover by Huw Jenkins as they move away from a Supporters Trust model and to an ownership model again, and with the ST unable to put money on the table long term for player wages have a number of players out of contract at the end of December. For Newport whose previous cup run kept them afloat financially, the FA cup will be again relied on to balance the books, adding a frisson to the replay.

For Barnet we have a Radiohead situation in that bookies have added 2 and 2 together and got 5. Brennan is a high performing manager at National League lebel and has links with the current Burton Albion assistant John Dreyer, but he is also under contract and has a strong sense of loyalty and completing the story so I can't see him leaving us at this stage. If he does however, A move to the Brewers is no small beer. While he will leave us in an ale and hearty position if he does go I can imagine the fans will go in to a lager over losing our best manager in years and hops and fears would abound about who would replace him. It would be shandy if he could at least see out the season before moving on.

In terms of team lineup with Stead seemingly unavailable and Hall-Johnson presumably out with concussion the team picks iteslf- which is handy as we may not have a manager tomorrow :*(:

--------------------------------Walker-------------------------

----------Collinge-------------Oluwu-----------Okimo-------

-----Cropper--------Hartigan--------Gorman------Kanu---

------------------Brunt-----------------Pritchard-------------

---------------------------Kabamba----------------------------

Subs: Happy, Harry, Hokey, Stretch, Antichrist, Junior, Uneven, Leaf, Gaffer

The only selection dilemma I can see is Potter or Oluwu but Ayres Rock seems to have got over the yips he had on his return and be fully fit so I would prioritise his development over that of a loan signing.

Although this match is on TV which will likely affect attendance I will be at the Hive to support my team. Anyone who can make it please do come along and let's create a special atmosphere.

COYBS!
Tickets

Re: Newport County (Hive) The Hot Burton Topic Match Thread

650 home sold but 63 of those are for TV gantry so actually only around 600. 60 away
11bee717

Pre match interview well worth watching! New style and 10 mins long with Dean
hoofer2

11bee717 wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 18:33 Pre match interview well worth watching! New style and 10 mins long with Dean
Did the interviewer ask if he 's going for a Burton?
ninestein

Enjoyable interview. The style was very much an FA Cup tie media version as more than one person asking the questions.

No mention of Burton, and DB seemed very enthusiastic about tomorrow's tie. Great comments about Danny Collinge as well.

Good insight into player welfare and how the managers in our division are all wanting 7 subs. For me it's just comforting having a keeper named on the bench!

Fingers crossed we put on a show tomorrow night. If RHJ is out, Cropper long throw could be a useful weapon. Fight fire with fire! After the last 2 games it feels like we've found our mojo again and put that November blip behind us. The cups may have come at the right time. Would be a fantastic achievement to reach round 3 and scoop more prize money. Make some noise people...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

Disappointed to be missing the game, but confident we'll get the required result.
Tuesds

hoofer2 wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 18:57
11bee717 wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 18:33 Pre match interview well worth watching! New style and 10 mins long with Dean
Did the interviewer ask if he 's going for a Burton?
No, but it was interesting to hear Brennan mention that he had spoken to the chairman on Sunday.
John Hunt

Very wet in Barnet. What's it like at the Hive?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
rudebwoyben

John Hunt wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 06:17 Very wet in Barnet. What's it like at the Hive?
I really really doubt that this is going to be an issue. Our pitch is fine, it now drains very well and looking at the highlights from Saturday it looks in a great state.
jerroll

3 changes Gormo, ayres Rock and RHJ replaced by Cropps, okimo and Armstrong
ninestein

Come on Barnet. Let's do this!
Round 3 at stake and very possible.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
#Beebot

ITV4 interviewing Steve Percy right now
11bee717

Another Coach I believe is with the goalkeepers today, definitely haven’t seen him before

He’s being warmed up like any of the other keepers, so potentially something there.
Last edited by 11bee717 on 12 Dec 2023, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Doyley

#Beebot wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 19:21 ITV4 interviewing Steve Percy right now
I was surprised he didn’t have more to say!!