Sarfend (a) The Shrimply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Sarfend (a) The Shrimply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time Thread

Ho ho ho Tuesday sees the bees take the short trip to Essex's newest city in what is a change from our normal boxing day routine.

After giving the hoof merchants a complete shellacking, confidence will be high so that we can do something at roots Hall. While the shrimpers will be happy to see contracts exchanged, there will be some emotions prawn of frustration that Ron Martin is still in charge. With the transfer embargo still in place and only 3 on the bench on Saturday it seems they will struggle to salmon a full squad tomorrow. Hopefully calamari heads will prevail and we can take advantage of their temporary weakness. They have got 7 points from 5 games and but for dodgy ron would be in the playoff positions. It is nice to see Currie Taylor and Mauro doing so well although hopefully the love in will take a break for 90 minutes tomorrow.

A Christmas fixture is always fun and hopefully we will have santa hats out in force although the ticket situation is strangely restrictive given we always get the end stand. Yule be lucky to get a ticket on the day although ticket shenanigans with dodgy ron aren't holly unexpected. Sleigh on Sea is a nice stop off and hopefully all the bees making the journey will jingle with the festive cheer and a few mulled wines to toast the away win.

In terms of team lineup I think we should stick with the team who battered the hoof merchants.

-----------------------------Walker---------------------------

-------------Oluwu------Collinge----Okimo----------

---Hall-Johnson--Gorman--Hartigan-Coker---

-------------------Brunt-------------Pritchard---------------

-------------------------Kabamba------------------------------

Subs: Cropper, Stead, Hooper, Kanu, maguire-drew

Missing this one as family visiting. Hoping we can get a good result on the road.

COYBS

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

amberforever

Re: Sarfend (a) The Shrimply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time Thread

Love the thread title. Happy Christmas!!!
letchbee94

Agree Cranners hope there is no cringe love in tomorrow for the 3 ex Barnet.

Good luck to them but no love in lol
beew

letchbee94 wrote: 25 Dec 2023, 19:29 Agree Cranners hope there is no cringe love in tomorrow for the 3 ex Barnet.

Wes makes it 4.
Bee_Forever

beew wrote:
letchbee94 wrote: 25 Dec 2023, 19:29 Agree Cranners hope there is no cringe love in tomorrow for the 3 ex Barnet.

Wes makes it 4.
Ah yes. Forgot about him.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

hoofer2

Unfortunate away tickets are locked down. Boxing Day plans cancelled as members not in my household have COVID-19

Hoping for a similar result to last season
ninestein

That's still a lot of travel for just a Hope of getting in. Needs to be more official than that...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ETBee

I don't have TNT TV. Any idea where I can watch the game in the Finchkey/Barnet area?
Roy57

Four mins ago on our clubs Twitter account it states you can buy tickets from there main ticket office when ID is shown and proof you are Barnet supporter, such as match day purchase information or season ticket. It does not say how many are available but supporters if have this proof can still but at the ground. One of the criteria was proof of residency, which is stupid for many, as like myself I live in Kent.
HertsBee

Roy57 wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 10:33 Four mins ago on our clubs Twitter account it states you can buy tickets from there main ticket office when ID is shown and proof you are Barnet supporter, such as match day purchase information or season ticket. It does not say how many are available but supporters if have this proof can still but at the ground. One of the criteria was proof of residency, which is stupid for many, as like myself I live in Kent.
If you have proof of purchase from previous Barnet games,(if you have been to any) then living in Kent shouldn't be a problem.
BeeArmy22

It’s proof of Barnet fan/residency. Don’t have to provide both. I don’t live in Barnet either so will be going with tickets from this season
Roy57

I haven't a probem, brought ticket over a week ago, was refering to general supporters as we're they live, we have many supporters who don't live in borough of Barnet. We have many who live up north, midlands, Surrey etc, but many will have proof of one of there other criteria.
lemming3k

Roy57 wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 10:33 Four mins ago on our clubs Twitter account it states you can buy tickets from there main ticket office when ID is shown and proof you are Barnet supporter, such as match day purchase information or season ticket. It does not say how many are available but supporters if have this proof can still but at the ground. One of the criteria was proof of residency, which is stupid for many, as like myself I live in Kent.
Looking forward to hearing the phrase "I'm wearing the ****ing shirt what more do you want?".
BeesKnees99

They’ll be buoyed by the takeover but I seem to recall a similar situation at Scunthorpe last season and we turned them over.

Southend have been doing remarkably well despite the off-field shambles, maybe they’ll finally let their guard down today.

Either way, we’ll need to be careful. If they can beat Chesterfield they can certainly beat us, but we should be buoyed ourselves by the 6-0 win. Tough one to call this, but a win would be brilliant to shut some of those idiots up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk