Josh Keeley signs on loan from Spurs

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Re: Josh Keeley signs on loan from Spurs

11bee717 wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 11:38 I think a goalkeeper who was not as good as shot stopping as LW, but is better with his feet will improve us more due to the style we play. Harsh, but competition is what we need.
Agreed!
Beereasonable

WillesdenBee wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 02:39
ETBee wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 22:27 Our high line, habit of losing the ball and allowing fast opponents to attack quickly through our defensive line mean that it's more important for our goalie to be excellent at defending 1 on 1s than being able to play with his feet.
Agreed- I do think we need a change in net.
Surely this scenario was created by poor decisions and the defensive set up by the manager. When things were going well pre Chesterfield, no one was questioning our goalkeeper or our high line. When things started to go wrong, the manager decided to play with no fullbacks or wingbacks that would come back across the halfway line to defend. This exposed LW on many occasions to fast, direct attacks as in the Oldham game. It's funny how since we have returned to the basics of the game, with 2 proper wingbacks, we have won 3 games on the spin conceding 0 goals.
No need to change the goalkeeper. Just the tactics.
BeesKnees99

Beereasonable wrote:
WillesdenBee wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 02:39
ETBee wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 22:27 Our high line, habit of losing the ball and allowing fast opponents to attack quickly through our defensive line mean that it's more important for our goalie to be excellent at defending 1 on 1s than being able to play with his feet.
Agreed- I do think we need a change in net.
Surely this scenario was created by poor decisions and the defensive set up by the manager. When things were going well pre Chesterfield, no one was questioning our goalkeeper or our high line. When things started to go wrong, the manager decided to play with no fullbacks or wingbacks that would come back across the halfway line to defend. This exposed LW on many occasions to fast, direct attacks as in the Oldham game. It's funny how since we have returned to the basics of the game, with 2 proper wingbacks, we have won 3 games on the spin conceding 0 goals.
No need to change the goalkeeper. Just the tactics.
Agreed. It can’t be a coincidence we’ve looked a lot less vulnerable since we simplified things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11bee717

But what has been evident over the course of the season, Win/Lose/Draw is that Laurie has had issues with his kicking and general passing from the back, as he’s had more of the ball himself as we have had more possession