Chesterfield (H) The Freeze a Crowd Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees99

Re: Chesterfield (H) The Freeze a Crowd Match Thread

Looks like we will literally be limping over the line this season with our injuries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoofer2

ninestein wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 20:46
Chainsaw wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 20:36 Half time. Now our friends from the North can enjoy our gourmet sausage roll. Two locally frozen sausages encased in a slab of artisanal bread unencumbered by fattening butter. A steal at £7. Enjoy fellers.
Plus a cup of our finest coca-cola flavoured water to wash it down. Lol 😆
Or cold tepid half time tea - seriously - only realised when second half kicked off.

Service much better - but food absolutely lousy. Don't even have chocolate now - no menu / price list
MCB

I think we're now at the stage where Chesterfield can go off and celebrate their league title, but I hope they carry on thrashing our rivals in the meantime. They are now irrelevant.

We've got an amazing chance of getting promoted, let's go forth and do it, we know what lays in wait.
BeesKnees99

“How were they second? Appreciate they’ve got injuries but they were hopeless”

A nice review from the Chesterfield forum

Anthony

BeesKnees99 wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 23:44 “How were they second? Appreciate they’ve got injuries but they were hopeless”

Well judging by the stone cold silence of their fans until they scored the second goal, they were concerned about what would happen. And the were right to be too.

I thought the chant "You've seen the Champions now fuck off home" was particularly classless. I can't imagine being 20+ points clear at the top of the table and thinking that is how you want to celebrate.
beew

The highlights are up quickly
hoofer2

b4life wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 21:35 Two very soft goals conceded plus not taking our chances equals defeat. How much longer until we get the likes of Kabamba, Kanu, Collinge and Oluwo are back? It happens every season. Can't fault the effort though.
We have also missed plenty of chances too when those 4 players have been fit... but will have won more headers at set pieces today with additional height
jerroll

BeesKnees99 wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 23:15 Looks like we will literally be limping over the line this season with our injuries

Or fresh and rested for the run in. Desperately need Collinge, Gorman and Kabamba back and firing.
hoofer2

Doyley wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 22:54 Not clinical but think we’ll play worse this season and win. Thought Hartigan was off the pace for once and Freeman and Brunt wasn’t working, was crying out for Gorman in the middle.

Hopefully we get some players back soon.

And what was with Vladimir the cheerleader in the legends stand ?!
Vladimir possessed by the spirit of little man
markobee

A very telling post-match interview from Dean, for all its brevity.
I take his answers to mean that we don't (and we can't) aspire to be at Chesterfield's level - because they are far ahead of us in several aspects of Club organisation.
Many elements feed into match performance level.
On a related matter:- what happened, if anything, to his plea (many post-match interviews ago) for more resources in the physiotherapy / player fitness department?
As for this match, I enjoyed it. I thought we played well. We more than matched them for the first 25 minutes, but without finding a way through (just like the game at their place). Once Chesterfield had scored, however, they never looked like letting it slip. Their back line of Sheckleford, Palmer, Grimes and Clements are a class act. In the second half, Paul Cook brought on Grigg at just the right moment to finish us off, and he duly did.
But we still have it all to play for. The question is whether we will be able to find the right form (and get some players back in contention) for the play-offs.
COYB!
john dockers shorts

Anthony wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 23:50
BeesKnees99 wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 23:44 “How were they second? Appreciate they’ve got injuries but they were hopeless”

Well judging by the stone cold silence of their fans until they scored the second goal, they were concerned about what would happen. And the were right to be too.

I thought the chant "You've seen the Champions now fuck off home" was particularly classless. I can't imagine being 20+ points clear at the top of the table and thinking that is how you want to celebrate.

I'd happily sing that, fine with me
CrawleyBee

john dockers shorts wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 07:04
Anthony wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 23:50

I'd happily sing that, fine with me

Me too, that’s football for you! I’d love us to be 20 points clear and be able to sing that.
Formerly Watfordbee
rudebwoyben

I don’t recall us singing that when we had the opportunity to do so in 04/05!
john dockers shorts

I'd happily sing 'going down' to any team facing relegation....hand me into the police now lol

Banta....

Anyone feeling slightly underwhelmed by Freeman maybe it's the lack of legs around him. I was just expecting more. Cropper really is very limited and thought Stevens was going to cock it up everytime he got the ball

Need our players back ASAP

Thankfully results went our way but need to pick something at Hartlepool.
Mem Beespod

I think Freeman has been limited to what he has around him. Players like him are looking for movements that players at our level aren’t switched onto. Noticeable last night that he was telling players who to pass to and they just couldn’t see it and were passing back

The one player who seems to be on the same wavelength is Brunt.

Was Jordan Cropper wearing new boots last night? Made so many unforced errors and his usual decent crossing wasn’t evident
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938