Gateshead (Howay) The TK's Light Buib Moment Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WhetstoneBee

Re: Gateshead (Howay) The TK's Light Buib Moment Match Thread

Same old story - a total lack of quality in the box (Kabamba aside) and then atrocious defending at the other end. For all the possession we have we aren’t actually very good where it matters most. Why are we the only side not strengthening? Surely players will want to join a top three side so I presume it’s the usual case of TK refusing to pay?
becbee

The commentator before said how we looked good and deserved to be promoted. Can't imagine he'd have said that unless he'd thought we were playing well.
rudebwoyben

ETBee wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 16:46 So why was Senior sent out on loan when our squad is so thin anyway?
Have you seen him play?!
becbee

What's worse than losing is the negativity / moaning and groaning from people who aren't even at the match but judge solely on the score line. None of us want to lose remember.
Roy57

Not being negative but can see why Dean does get stick from some sections of our supporters, without Nicki up top we are so light weight, no power, no speed, when he knew Gorman was injured especially after releasing so many players we needed to bring in two at least, in yet another game the first 30 mins we were in control of we are now loosing, and as soon as they scored there first they looked like the team who were going to score the second, bringing on Stead, Brunt when trying to push for the winner it just isn't there and our bench is short of quality
Every time we get a chance to pull away from teams behind us we blow it, Bromley loosing, Eastleigh getting stuffed, .Oldham loosing.
Last edited by Roy57 on 27 Jan 2024, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
BeesKnees99

becbee wrote:The commentator before said how we looked good and deserved to be promoted. Can't imagine he'd have said that unless he'd thought we were playing well.
They don’t watch us week in week out, do they? Countless games we ‘play well’ and come away with absolutely nothing.

It’s just getting ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeesKnees99

Gateshead (Howay) The TK's Light Buib Moment Match Thread

Hall-Johnson misses an open goal. DB must be on the verge of a breakdown.

BRFBee

Hit the post again, we should have 4 or 5 at least, incredible.
nicesirmick1

At least those around us - bar Altrincham - are struggling today.
Roy57

nicesirmick1 wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 16:52 At least those around us - bar Altrincham - are struggling today.
Yeah but this is were we should be putting a gap between us and teams behind us, especially with many of them loosing.But yet again we fail spot do so.
BeesKnees99

Roy57 wrote:
nicesirmick1 wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 16:52 At least those around us - bar Altrincham - are struggling today.
Yeah but this is were we should be putting a gap between us and teams behind us, especially with many of them loosing.But yet again we fail spot do so.
With finishing like we’ve seen today, we don’t deserve top 3.

jamiefrbees

I haven't read any of the crisis posts yet...can I just get in there early with...

Another game where we were well worthy of a point (a la Oldham).

Results generally went our way - still in 3rd.

Looks like we're suffering a reverse of the luck we had against Southend with various post hits/ balls not quite falling in past two fixtures.

Difficult January is now over and we're still in a great position.

Please can the rest take a breath before posting
BeesKnees99

jamiefrbees wrote:I haven't read any of the crisis posts yet...can I just get in there early with...

Another game where we were well worthy of a point (a la Oldham).

Results generally went our way - still in 3rd.

Looks like we're suffering a reverse of the luck we had against Southend with various post hits/ balls not quite falling in past two fixtures.

Difficult January is now over and we're still in a great position.

Please can the rest take a breath before posting
Tell me how we’re going to pick up any points if Nicke is injured, and with the “finishing” we’ve seen today?

WhetstoneBee

Not much DB can do about players missing open goals from two yards out. Some of them need to take a look at themselves - too many not contributing enough, or playing well below the levels they’re capable of. Time for TK to show whether he still cares about this club or not.
actorbee

So we've just lost to a team that has been done by every other team in this league in January.

Then again, does it make any difference? You could put Barnet in the play-off semis up against 8 men and they'd still find a way to avoid Wembley. I admit this post comes from the disappointment of losing today, but who really sees them doing it?