Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Nudger70

Re: Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

Day couldn’t have gone any better for us admittedly we were ably assisted by our opponents. 2nd half flew compared to Tuesday nights tension filled 2nd half. Didn’t catch refs name but hopefully we can avoid him in the play offs.
jamiefrbees

Going to be dead quiet on here tonight no doubt.

I'm sure some were scratching around and ready to single out Brunt despite a 5 goal dismantling of survival-hungry Dorking.

But alas, he also popped up with a goal to make it 6 :y:

At least now we can stop the silly nonsense about the wheels coming off. (I trust...). It's going to take a very special team performance in the playoffs to beat us.
rudebwoyben

This display just shows that we do have an impressive variety of firepower and attacking verve, which IMO compares well with any of our play-off rivals. We should not fear anyone.
Beesting

Cracking win and one that should breed confidence in the camp. Onto the next one and let’s solidify 2nd place.
Roy57

Great performance from every player, any team is going to miss quality such as Collinge, Nicki, Gorman, Kanu, such lethal potential going forward and calmness and quality at the back, it's not easy for a keeper to come back in after not playing for so long, but Laurie has been immense in his two games, so important to have two quality keepers in a squad. And this is without Pritchard who is important to this squad. Think now supporters can start dreaming of a return to league football. Without being complacent, but without doubt these players have the quality to beat anyone in front of us if in the right mindset. COYBs
WhetstoneBee

jamiefrbees wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 17:43 Going to be dead quiet on here tonight no doubt.

I'm sure some were scratching around and ready to single out Brunt despite a 5 goal dismantling of survival-hungry Dorking.

But alas, he also popped up with a goal to make it 6 :y:

At least now we can stop the silly nonsense about the wheels coming off. (I trust...). It's going to take a very special team performance in the playoffs to beat us.
These snarky posts about other supporters all the time are getting so boring. Some people post as much about other users than they do the actual football. Just enjoy the win.

Your last sentence is also a bit ridiculous given 7 of the other 9 teams in the top ten have already beaten us at least once this season. Yes we have a good chance but the idea that it’s going to be in any way easy is nuts.
b4life

Excellent win, great entertainment and atmosphere. Forwards and midfield Excellent. Defence was OK but seemed to be quite a bit of space at times. Dorking really should have scored at least one. However, with key players back, i expect us to only get better. Looking good, now to Solihull. A challenge but I believe they're without some key players at the moment.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
becbee

MCB wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 15:52 5 minutes before half time and queues for a beer already going out the door, probably the worst I've ever seen it.
Winning 4-0, clearly going to be lots of injury time , yet people care more about beer!
MCB

becbee wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 18:38
MCB wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 15:52 5 minutes before half time and queues for a beer already going out the door, probably the worst I've ever seen it.
Winning 4-0, clearly going to be lots of injury time , yet people care more about beer!
That's a crap argument. Was always going to be a decent crowd, least number of bar staff I've seen, club did itself out of thousands of pounds today. If people want a beer at half time they should be able to get it. Many people go for the social side of watching a game. Also: kids.

Likewise those who ordered food at 2.35 missed kick off.
b4life

I can't comment on the bar but I started queuing at the tea hut at 2.37, half way between the shop and turnstiles and got served at 2.52 which I thought not bad.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
hoofer2

Brilliant performance. Especially Stead, O'Donkor, Kabamba and Brunt. Stead deserved a hattrick and please Brunt got a goal at the death.

The spine of Walker, Okimo, Collinge, Gorman and Kabamba so important. Coker was better of fullbacks and Hall-Johnson anonymous yet again.

Freeman has the fitness of a National League South player who smokes. You could see he was desperate to get on the scoresheet but team play must come first.

Brennan has genuine selection headaches now

Great work getting the kids groups in - a 6 nil victory means some will return - given the number of scarf purchases I observed.

Shame on all you adults who are not teaching kids / yourselves to pick up their own rubbish and put in bins. It's the same at the cinema. There was a disgusting amount on the terrace at the end of the game
john dockers shorts

becbee wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 18:38

Let people do what they want...
11bee717

Oxford City confirmed as relegated
hoofer2

I could not be bothered to join half time queues

With a big crowd have to pre-pour...
djhdjh

Really good performance. Brennan obviously has found the measure of those really attacking sides who play with 3 or 4 strikers - played 4 at the back same as against Rochdale the other week and it worked then as well. Stead has been the surprise of the season and he'll only get better next season as he gets more experienced. For all the concern about our form, at home we've only lost 1 league game since November. All the more incentive to get that top 3...