Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BigBee

Re: Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

KneesBees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:26
John Hunt wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:23
Mem Beespod wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:21
BeesKnees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 17:18
Itsmeerc wrote:
You can be both disappointed whilst also acknowledging the result was far from disastrous.
Hence why I said it was disappointing, and not disastrous.

Semantics aside, it’s becoming increasingly apparent our failure to beat the league’s better sides will be our undoing.

It’s all well and good beating Dorking 6-0 and enjoying lofty 2nd place, but I just don’t see enough character about this team to go that one step further. We are going to need all the luck in the world in the playoffs.
Sadly I’m beginning to agree. We’ve done brilliantly despatching all the lower teams but that goes out the window in the play offs
I would be happy if we only beat two teams in the top 7. On Apr 27th or 28th and May 5th.
Sorry but that’s a tinpot mentality. Has to be said. I know these thing's
OK I’ll bite. :?: :?:

Tinpot statements from a Tinpot supporter.
Big Bondz NGala

BigBee wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:41
KneesBees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:26
John Hunt wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:23
Mem Beespod wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:21
BeesKnees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 17:18
Hence why I said it was disappointing, and not disastrous.

Semantics aside, it’s becoming increasingly apparent our failure to beat the league’s better sides will be our undoing.

It’s all well and good beating Dorking 6-0 and enjoying lofty 2nd place, but I just don’t see enough character about this team to go that one step further. We are going to need all the luck in the world in the playoffs.
Sadly I’m beginning to agree. We’ve done brilliantly despatching all the lower teams but that goes out the window in the play offs
I would be happy if we only beat two teams in the top 7. On Apr 27th or 28th and May 5th.
Sorry but that’s a tinpot mentality. Has to be said. I know these thing's
OK I’ll bite. :?: :?:

Tinpot statements from a Tinpot supporter.
Think I need to diffuse the tension here… maybe some Jordan Mustoe memories could do the trick!
hoofer2

KneesBees99 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:22 Having had time to digest it, it was a pathetic second half performance from the boys.

Marc white had the courage to sack his players after a below par performance. We should do the same.

Walker nearly made me cry being beaten at his near post like that

Can’t see us getting anything on Sunday
Neither can I.... because we're not actually playing!
Berlinbee

I think we controlled lots of the game today. Some nice passing at times. Thought the subs were odd but perhaps it’s about getting minutes in the tank and match fitness up.

I think it’s safe to say that 3rd is all but secured. Hopefully we can get Kanu back and raring to go. Any body else think Freeman seems a but flat? For a player who has consistently played League One and Championship only last season, I honestly expected more. I agree with what others have said, we’ll need some luck in the playoffs. Only teams I’m nervous facing in the play-offs are Gateshead and Alty with Chris Conn Clarke. He’s absolute quality and ran rings round us a few weeks back.
Mikel Bee

Nothing against Garrard, I quite like his attitude and commitment, if not his football style and he is a proper Barnet boy. But for some reason I dislike Borehamwood 10x more than Wealdstone. I desperately hope they go down.

As for today, the main aim was to not lose and we succeeded. Happy to see Oldham lose but Gateshead look like they are making a serious challenge for 3rd.

Aldershot getting hammered by Maidenhead shows again there are. O easy games in this league.
hoofer2

When we went down we didn't panic, kept our shape and the goals came. Gorman played alot of good balls. Conceded two very soft goals.

But that pitch was so so heavy and ball didn't roll far. Surprised did not go more direct.

On the topic of extra midfielder - go to a flat 4 and Collinge can play there. I am certain he'd do a more than adequate job and win some headers there too.

Got frustrated with Hartigan overplaying it far too often in 18 yard box. Very close to losing posession that could have lead to a goal.

At this stage of season, you need fitter subs than Freeman to come on. True he has a good touch but does not keep up with play moving forward or tracking back.

Another disappointing performance by RHJ. I'm a fan of Wynter and was dropped for performances equal to RHJ. Cropper has to start in my opinion

I'm disappointed Beard was not in DBs plans. Just the player to bring off the bench today.

DB and the squad have done a superb job to find a second wind as it looked like our results had begun to fade. With our strongest XI available we should be confident of going toe to toe with any team in the play-offs especially at the Hive.

We need to go all guns blazing against Oxford to ensure a win. Then one more from last games should see us to top 3 finish
Last edited by hoofer2 on 29 Mar 2024, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
john dockers shorts

Berlinbee wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:53 I think we controlled lots of the game today. Some nice passing at times. Thought the subs were odd but perhaps it’s about getting minutes in the tank and match fitness up.

I think it’s safe to say that 3rd is all but secured. Hopefully we can get Kanu back and raring to go. Any body else think Freeman seems a but flat? For a player who has consistently played League One and Championship only last season, I honestly expected more. I agree with what others have said, we’ll need some luck in the playoffs. Only teams I’m nervous facing in the play-offs are Gateshead and Alty with Chris Conn Clarke. He’s absolute quality and ran rings round us a few weeks back.
Freeman looks like he's running in glue most of the time. Not fit. Shouldn't be playing imo. Like watching a slug
KneesBees99

john dockers shorts wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 20:16
Berlinbee wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 19:53 I think we controlled lots of the game today. Some nice passing at times. Thought the subs were odd but perhaps it’s about getting minutes in the tank and match fitness up.

Freeman looks like he's running in glue most of the time. Not fit. Shouldn't be playing imo. Like watching a slug
Give me 5 minutes with these boys I’ll have them running miles and bleeding black and amber
hoofer2

john dockers shorts wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 20:16

National League South fitness with a cheeky fag at halftime. One of those who points at every player to run on his behalf.
Mikel Bee

Not the greatest supporter experience today, to put it lightly.

If anybody thought Bromley's facilities were poor, there were many angry Bees when all 300 away fans had access to just one female portaloo toilet cubicle. I gave up waiting in the end during the downpour. I dread to think what it looked like in there.

Then the ridiculous rules to only sit in the obstructed front 4 rows, which according to the stewards was to make the stadium look more full than it was on TV.

Then the "KGB Security" stewards removing Barnet flags. Whoever is responsible for the Brennán Excepcional one though, bravo!

One positive was the decent Hereford following cheering us on today. They really love Barnet and dislike Peter Beadle.
becbee

It's always disappointing to concede an equaliser in 88th minute. I imagine Solihull felt even worse when they conceded an equaliser to us at The Hive last October in 97th minute.

The swirling wind made things very difficult for both teams. We had an excellent few minutes just before half time, Kabamba's goal was a thing of beauty. A goal completely out of keeping with the match overall.

Second half we did nothing, our best hope of hanging on was Solihull's shortcomings. Overall we just didn't do enough to deserve the win. Shame we missed out but I can't get too upset, at least we didn't lose. On to Monday.
becbee

Mikel Bee wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 20:26 Not the greatest supporter experience today, to put it lightly.

If anybody thought Bromley's facilities were poor, there were many angry Bees when all 300 away fans had access to just one female portaloo toilet cubicle. I gave up waiting in the end during the downpour. I dread to think what it looked like in there.

Then the ridiculous rules to only sit in the obstructed front 4 rows, which according to the stewards was to make the stadium look more full than it was on TV.

Then the "KGB Security" stewards removing Barnet flags. Whoever is responsible for the Brennán Excepcional one though, bravo! Image

One positive was the decent Hereford following cheering us on today. They really love Barnet and dislike Peter Beadle.
The toilet experience was even worse than Bromley, never imagined my saying that! I gave up at half time and again at full time, just had to wait until the services.

The seats in the front four rows weren't all even useable, partly filled up with lots of surplus seats. Dreadful.
b4life

The cause of the men's toilet being out of action was vandalism. Of course, it could always have been the Heteford supporters but whoever did it, that was unacceptable. If anyone knows anything more they should let the club know. Otherwise, going to the Assco arena does show why we desperately need to get out of this league. What a hole! Would have taken the point before, but we should never have them a chance to get back into the match. However, credit to them, they showed a lot of spirit. Awesome Kabamba goal! It doesn't matter who we play, we are going to have to earn every single point now and finish off teams.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
jonbonbaby

Walker - 5 both goals pretty poor , although defence could of helped on the first a bit more
RHJ-6 did ok but just not firing the minute
Collinge - 6 still coming back to fitness and a bit rusty with some passes but great ball for kabamba’s goal
Thompson -7 good to have him back
Okimo -6.5 seemed slow today and too many aimless balls
Coker -5 too slow too negative
Hartigan -6.5 some good balls but didn’t control as he normally does
Gorman- 6.5 some good balls
Brunt 5 - not nearly enough effort again , got done big time for second goal after not closing down quick enough
Stead -7 plenty of running and battling seemed to be doing his job and some of the midfielders jobs
Kabamba - 7 great strike for his goal maybe could of got one more with a blocked shot

Subs
Freeman - really doesn’t look fit but not enough time to properly judge
Cropper - not enough time
GOD- didn’t do much