Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

So..... Friday sees the bees travelling up to a Land Rover factory to watch Barnet take on playoff rivals Solihull Moors FC.

The Moors gave up on the season in early March last year but have taken things one step further with a place in the playoffs up for grabs as well as a visit to Dumpster Fire FC in the Trophy Semi-final. This has lead to fixture congestion and a Whing-ing Moors manager as he tries to marshall his troops through a hectic fixture schedule. This is reflected in their poor recent form with just 7 points from their last 5 games and a fearsome shellacking against Shrimp and Save FC on Tuesday.

Until recently we would have thought of this one as a "free hit" (ugh) thinking that if we win our games at the temporary stadium it would be enough but I think we can afford to be a bit more optomistic as we take our latest tour of discovery at Land Rover FC. While they are far from having all four wheels coming off they seem to be struggling with injuries while we are getting our rolls royce players back. With Thompson and possible Pritchard in the mix Brennan has some interesting selection decisions. This match is live on TNT. I asked my friend Alice whether she would be watching the match. She said no but her cat Dinah might.

Given we have got relegated Oxford City FC on Monday I think we can risk going strong for this one and then rotating as needed on Monday as three points has more value here. Given the opposition I expect to see a return to three at the back and I also think that Brennan will restore his favourite between the sticks.

---------------------------------Keeley-----------------------------

------------------Collinge------Thompson------Okimo-----------

----Cropper---------Gorman---------Hartigan--------Pritchard--

----------------Stead--------Kabamba---------Freeman-----------

Subs: Coker, O'Donkor, Brunt, Hall-Johnson, Kanu

I am missing this one bit gutted as I love the Percy stop at Stratford.

Lets get 2nd secure ASAP

COYBS
hoofer2

Re: Solihull Moors (Away) The Less Is Moors Match Thread

I'd like to see Kabamba, Stead and O'Donkor as front three.

Freeman is a skillful player, but for me is lacking in fitness and is not keeping up with play. Start him instead against Oxford.
Doyley

Yes the front three again would be great to see, and I’d stick with Laurie in goal
foxy

becbee wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 17:25 https://bsolihullmoors.runboard.com/t7012

Fingers crossed.
Yes, will be great if Arsenal bottle it again!
PBBee

Doyley wrote:Yes the front three again would be great to see, and I’d stick with Laurie in goal
Agreed - do think we should be a bit more attacking & what a handful those 3 are!
letchbee94

Walker in goal for me as well.
WillesdenBee

Dont think we can play the same way we did against dorking. Solihull have the defenders to deal with the way we attacked against dorking. We have to be more precise in our build up in this one and having three strikers doesn’t allow that. Playing with 3/4 attacking players allows opponents to be dangerous on the turnover, and playing the way we did against Dorking, against a more competent team such as Solihull could prove far too risk. However, I have no idea how I’d go about changing it up as no one deserves to be dropped but quite frankly I trust Dean to pick the right team and system!
Roy57

See Solihull lost 0-3 at home to Southend, so hopefully there not in the right frame, but the result that caught my eye was Gateshead winning 7-1 at home to Hartlepool.
Nudger70

Would have bitten your hand off for a draw after the Eastleigh game. Amazing how things can change be disappointed if we don’t win now. That’s a healthy looking bench.
WillesdenBee

Roy57 wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 21:21 See Solihull lost 0-3 at home to Southend, so hopefully there not in the right frame, but the result that caught my eye was Gateshead winning 7-1 at home to Hartlepool.
Weirdly, we played Solihull the first time round after they lost 5-0 to Southend. They then came out with a very spirited performance against us to get a point at The Hive. Hopefully different this time round.
hoofer2

WillesdenBee wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 21:12 Dont think we can play the same way we did against dorking. Solihull have the defenders to deal with the way we attacked against dorking. We have to be more precise in our build up in this one and having three strikers doesn’t allow that. Playing with 3/4 attacking players allows opponents to be dangerous on the turnover, and playing the way we did against Dorking, against a more competent team such as Solihull could prove far too risk. However, I have no idea how I’d go about changing it up as no one deserves to be dropped but quite frankly I trust Dean to pick the right team and system!
But we now have Collinge and Gorman back, and hopefully a back 3 that includes Okimo and Thompson too. More than a match for Solihull.

The tenacity of Stead provokes mistakes.
WillesdenBee

hoofer2 wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 22:40
WillesdenBee wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 21:12 Dont think we can play the same way we did against dorking. Solihull have the defenders to deal with the way we attacked against dorking. We have to be more precise in our build up in this one and having three strikers doesn’t allow that. Playing with 3/4 attacking players allows opponents to be dangerous on the turnover, and playing the way we did against Dorking, against a more competent team such as Solihull could prove far too risk. However, I have no idea how I’d go about changing it up as no one deserves to be dropped but quite frankly I trust Dean to pick the right team and system!
But we now have Collinge and Gorman back, and hopefully a back 3 that includes Okimo and Thompson too. More than a match for Solihull.

The tenacity of Stead provokes mistakes.
I agree, but who do you drop for Thompson? We played a back 4 against dorking so one of our attacking players has to come out for us to play a back 3. That’s what I meant in my original post.
buzzybants

I'm not sure DB will go for this but Collinge at RB in a back 4 could be an interesting choice, Thompson in for RHJ, with Cropper the option from the bench. I agree that I trust Dean to make the right choice but if we have to think about our best XI for play offs then I think this could be worth testing now or on Monday.
WillesdenBee

buzzybants wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 08:06 I'm not sure DB will go for this but Collinge at RB in a back 4 could be an interesting choice, Thompson in for RHJ, with Cropper the option from the bench. I agree that I trust Dean to make the right choice but if we have to think about our best XI for play offs then I think this could be worth testing now or on Monday.
Maybe but personally I wouldn’t play our best centre back at right back.