Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Doyley

Re: Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

First seventy minutes best forgotten, but great comeback. We were crying out for width and Pritchard just makes us better in the middle
john dockers shorts

I've still got Percys driveling moans ringing in my ears.

Last 20 with Kanu and Pritch on we came to life.

RHJ and Coker are the weak links. Both rubbish again today
rudebwoyben

john dockers shorts wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 17:58 I've still got Percys driveling moans ringing in my ears.

It’s amazing how far away one can hear him from!
jdmckbee

john dockers shorts wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 17:58 I've still got Percys driveling moans ringing in my ears.

Definitely correct re RHJ. At the moment he simply isn't effecting the game in a positive way. Going forward (he didn't much) he didn't try and beat his man on the outside once today. Similar from Coker today, but less stark.

It's a bit of a worry in those wide areas going into the playoffs. Thankfully there are options.
We're the West Bank Underhill......
foxy

Never looked a penalty in a million years from right behind the goal. Was rather confused as to why the ref was pointing for a goalkick and not a corner!!!

Ref had a shocker
ninestein

Tuesday night, Gateshead vs Aldershot. Big game for both sides.

Next Saturday, Bromley vs Solihull, another ding-dong involving other teams chasing 3rd.

One of Gateshead's games in hand is also vs Chesterfield Tuesday week. Whether of not Chesterfield turn up after their recent form is another matter, but I'm sure Will Grigg still fancies a shot at the Golden boot!

Beat Bromley, and we're pretty much there. Avoid defeat against Bromley and it should still be in our hands on the final day, as a worst case. Would be nice to face Kiddy with the pressure off though. They may still be needing a result on the final day to relegate Wealdstone or Borehamwood (or both)!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
PBBee

Cannot believe how bad we were until the subs came on (shame they clearly weren’t fit enough to come on earlier).

We were so easy to read & defend against until they arrived & with Brunt once again not getting involved it was all so predictable. I just don’t understand Brunt, he’s got the quality in him & always looks fired up pre game but just doesn’t get involved so often - he’s so frustrating at times.

Cropper always looks better than RHJ when he comes on but then never takes his chances when he starts.

Avoid defeat on Tuesday & it’s still looking good but lose & it could be very nervy with Halifax away next. Don’t want to rely on it but the 2 chasing us facing off on the final day could save us.
TottenhamBee

Opinion appears to be unanimous today: could have scored a couple in the first 10 minutes, then got gradually worse up to 65 mins when Pritch, Crop and Idris came on for RHJ, Brunt and Coker, who were all very poor, then dominated the last 25 minutes. Good thing is we battled on. All in all a draw was a fair result.
Love the Brunt line, "...waddling around", ha, ha, ha :y: He's a luxury player. All the skills, just appears to play at 50-60%. Very frustrating. Coker"s only got one foot, which was rubbish today, and his right's just for standing on!
I thought our best player was Thompson, he's been great since we brought him in. I hope we sign him permanently. A wise player at this level.
Bring on Bromley.
COYB's :ohlord:
Chainsaw

I'm not going to criticise any single player. I think if you asked each one of that starting eleven how they thought performed today they would all admit they were below their best. At this stage of the season most are fatigued and many are carrying knocks and strains. But they got a result. I really liked the way they came out three minutes early for the restart and were geeing each other up. I loved the way they laid siege to the home goal for the last quarter of the game until they'd scored twice. And our fans were excellent today both in the stand and behind the goal. They really drove the team on.
This is the best squad and manager we've had for years. It's OUR team. Let's stand with them for the remainder of the season.
11bee717

100 up for Okimo and Pritch, two brilliant professionals!
jerroll

11bee717 wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 20:42 100 up for Okimo and Pritch, two brilliant professionals!
Absolutely, great recruitment from our management team.
PBBee

Brennan thought we should have been 4 up at half time?!!? Yes we started well but from the time we conceded until the subs came on we were very poor.

He also said Keeley only had 1 safe to make, sure they had a hatful of chances when it was end to end & on a few breaks throughout.

I get the the rest of the interview & to highlight the positives but jeeez we play like that the play off dream will be over before it has started like last season.

Tuesday is our opportunity to lay the marker down, I don’t want to fumble over the line again.
jerroll

PBBee wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 21:50 Brennan thought we should have been 4 up at half time?!!? Yes we started well but from the time we conceded until the subs came on we were very poor.

He also said Keeley only had 1 safe to make, sure they had a hatful of chances when it was end to end & on a few breaks throughout.

I get the the rest of the interview & to highlight the positives but jeeez we play like that the play off dream will be over before it has started like last season.

Tuesday is our opportunity to lay the marker down, I don’t want to fumble over the line again.
Our away form has been a little flat in recent weeks but that is fairly academic, our hive form has been good bar Chesterfield - carry that on and win 3 hive games we will go to Wembley. I don't get how negative some people are getting(not aimed at you PBBee) over a team that will finish the season with the 2nd or 3rd most wins in the division.
BeesKnees99

Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

Not enough credit being given to Maidenhead. They were excellent. Worked so hard, moved the ball with pace and purpose and looked dangerous every time they went forward.

We couldn’t cope, and the first goal was a complete calamity. Laurie will be back next game for sure.

Thankfully our subs changed the game, especially as the part-time team began to tire. Pritchard and Kanu were absolutely superb when they came on. Cropper also made a positive impact. Huge testament to our character.

Agree that Coker & RHJ were terrible. Do either start in the playoffs? If Kanu is fit, based on today’s evidence, he has to play.

Fans were brilliant today, despite the momentary in-fighting between a couple of our supporters (I did see them hug it out in the end, so all’s well that ends well).

Win Tuesday and it’s surely in the bag. Come on Bees.
bfc_mo

jerroll wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 22:02
PBBee wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 21:50 Brennan thought we should have been 4 up at half time?!!? Yes we started well but from the time we conceded until the subs came on we were very poor.

Our away form has been a little flat in recent weeks but that is fairly academic, our hive form has been good bar Chesterfield - carry that on and win 3 hive games we will go to Wembley. I don't get how negative some people are getting(not aimed at you PBBee) over a team that will finish the season with the 2nd or 3rd most wins in the division.
Bar chesterfield, Gateshead and Newport county