Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Re: Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

Definitely a penalty. No sympathy for a defender who has their hand straight up in the air and the ball, on its way to goal, hits it. Highlights show the sheer amount of chances we had!
hoofer2

Why are detailed highlights always provided by opposition? So often in our own the build up to a goal is edited out
#Beebot

WillesdenBee wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 09:37 Definitely a penalty. No sympathy for a defender who has their hand straight up in the air and the ball, on its way to goal, hits it. Highlights show the sheer amount of chances we had!
Looked more like it hit the back of his head to me, but he was asking for trouble with his arm up in the air like that
becbee

hoofer2 wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 10:01 Why are detailed highlights always provided by opposition? So often in our own the build up to a goal is edited out
I thought these were good highlights, fair and covered everything.
TottenhamBee

I was standing right on the fence line on the left wing where Idris was playing, becbee, and he did indeed have two players on him every time he got the ball, The Stones really good number 2 right back and their super quick number 11. Every time The Stones did that it opened up space and allowed Pritch to make things happen, usually on Idris's inside. Changed the game completely :y:
ETBee

TottenhamBee wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 17:44 I was standing right on the fence line on the left wing where Idris was playing, becbee, and he did indeed have two players on him every time he got the ball, The Stones really good number 2 right back and their super quick number 11. Every time The Stones did that it opened up space and allowed Pritch to make things happen, usually on Idris's inside. Changed the game completely :y:
Stones? I thought we were playing the Magpies.
jamiefrbees

Just seen the highlights. A few thoughts - wow, how many chances in the first 10 mins?

That pass from Kabamba to put Stead through for our first chance is one of the best passes i've seen at this level. Absolutely glorious.

Second thought... Keeley you absolute disgrace - i'm sorry but that was just horrific. He even had a chance to retreat and get back in goal, yet carried on chasing the ball like a defender/ headless chicken. Utter madness. No wonder Brennan gave him a dressing down. Can't imagine we'll see him again this season.
rudebwoyben

That first goal was a mess-up by everyone although Keeley bears the most responsibility for it. I’m not quite sure what Danny Collinge was thinking. If he had positioned himself at the near post Mitchell-Lawson wouldn’t have had a clear shot at goal! It was like he thought Mitchell-Lawson was going to cross the ball rather than shoot!
rudebwoyben

Oh and the highlights show that the ref got it absolutely right for the penalty.
jamiefrbees

rudebwoyben wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 21:01 Oh and the highlights show that the ref got it absolutely right for the penalty.
agree. defender jumps/ falls backwards with not one, but two arms in the air!

The offside for their goal seems too close to call, so not sure how DB was able to be so sure in his post match interview that it was a goal