Play Offs Display

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Play Offs Display

I'm not sure where the 800 people to hold a flag behind the goal are going to come from - or maybe 400 will each hold 2 flags? But it sounds like if it comes off it should look quite spectacular.
BeeArmy22

becbee wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 08:28 I'm not sure where the 800 people to hold a flag behind the goal are going to come from - or maybe 400 will each hold 2 flags? But it sounds like if it comes off it should look quite spectacular.
Surely the semi will be close to a sellout
CambsBee

My son has asked to go behind the goal, if the seats are available. We will definitely be up for this and this is the kind of thing we, as fans, should be supporting. If I were the Amber Battalion and saw some of the comments I would think "why bother"!
JWTBee

CambsBee wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 09:24 My son has asked to go behind the goal, if the seats are available. We will definitely be up for this and this is the kind of thing we, as fans, should be supporting. If I were the Amber Battalion and saw some of the comments I would think "why bother"!
This! There are some very sad people on this Forum! It's a great initiative! Please support it! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
beew

JWTBee wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 09:31
CambsBee wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 09:24 My son has asked to go behind the goal, if the seats are available. We will definitely be up for this and this is the kind of thing we, as fans, should be supporting. If I were the Amber Battalion and saw some of the comments I would think "why bother"!
This! There are some very sad people on this Forum! It's a great initiative! Please support it! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
There are seats available now behind the goal for Kidderminster which will be copied for the semifinal game. I'm surprised the club didn't loosely couple Kidderminster with the semifinal to boost the attendance on Saturday. IMO the semifinal game will be close to a sellout (around 5000).
beew

Good to see players contribute to the fund. We should be all over this initiative
CambsBee

beew wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 09:40
There are seats available now behind the goal for Kidderminster which will be copied for the semifinal game. I'm surprised the club didn't loosely couple Kidderminster with the semifinal to boost the attendance on Saturday. IMO the semifinal game will be close to a sellout (around 5000).
Damn, I have already booked tickets for Legends, I didn't think it would be open for the Kiddy game. Both boys have got 0930 kick offs so it will be home, quick change, then speeding down the A1 with a remote chance of making it before kick off

ULEZ charge, speed camera tickets x 2 at Sterling and Apex and Car Park should make it an expensive trip but well worth it! :D
beew

CambsBee wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:02
Damn, I have already booked tickets for Legends, I didn't think it would be open for the Kiddy game. Both boys have got 0930 kick offs so it will be home, quick change, then speeding down the A1 with a remote chance of making it before kick off

ULEZ charge, speed camera tickets x 2 at Sterling and Apex and Car Park should make it an expensive trip but well worth it! :D
Phone the club and ask if you can move the seats to the North stand.
jerroll

quote from a Scunthorpe fan on footballforums.net

"The National League are not letting us sell play-off tickets until our opponent is confirmed, despite the fact we know when and where the game will be and the opponent is meaningless for home ticket sales

That opponent will not be confirmed until 3 days before our match"
hoppy

What is the logic behind that decision by the NL?
I just don’t get it.
Is it me??
Am I missing something?
jerroll

hoppy wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:47 What is the logic behind that decision by the NL?
I just don’t get it.
Is it me??
Am I missing something?
Makes no sense at all but shows you the people running this league are so out of touch with everything - hopefully they won't be a factor for us next year!
becbee

I didn't wish to come across as negative before and as stated before, I really hope it's a massive success. Thinking about it, we did get 3,733 for the P.O. match v Borehamwood last season which was a Tuesday night quarter final ( when we seemed less likely of overall success.) We should get a far better attendance this season for what will be a bigger match.
My limp excuse for previous comment is that maybe I've just read too many negative posts about attendances! But please ignore it regardless.

But I still won't be carrying a flag. Not because I'm anti flag, more because I want to watch from my usual seat.
CambsBee

beew wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:12

Thank you, just rang and moved them. Although at the moment we are looking like we might be quite lonely :D . I did ask about merchandise as the boys would like a play off t-shirt and they did say there will be bits at the bar
CrawleyBee

CambsBee wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 11:03
beew wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:12

Thank you, just rang and moved them. Although at the moment we are looking like we might be quite lonely :D . I did ask about merchandise as the boys would like a play off t-shirt and they did say there will be bits at the bar
Hope it fills up, only a few seats sold. Don’t get opening it for the kiddy game, can understand for play offs, which I think will be a 4k plus crowd. Perhaps they’re opening it as a test run for segregation in play offs?
Formerly Watfordbee
lemming3k

hoppy wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:47 What is the logic behind that decision by the NL?
I just don’t get it.
Is it me??
Am I missing something?
Possibly a miscommunication?
I'd hazard a guess that since it's mathematically possible to finish 3rd (despite there being no real prospect of it happening), the date of the game can't yet officially be confirmed so tickets can't go on sale until it's finalised. It's probably not the specific team they're playing that matters just which playoff bracket they'll be in.

Then again it is the National League so who knows.