Kidderminster Harriers (THTS) The Hawkward Goodbye Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DerekRocholl

Re: Kidderminster Harriers (THTS) The Hawkward Goodbye Match Thread

WhetstoneBee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 18:21 Some real selection dilemmas ahead of next week if (fingers crossed) players are back fit. I don’t think Kanu or Brunt did anything at all today to justify starting if Pritchard and Stead are fit. Freeman, on the other hand, impressed again and is surely in contention for a starting spot next weekend. Great to have Oluwo back just in time - I thought he’d need a lot more game time but he looked pretty sharp.
Good to see Freeman displaying some real class, in what was the best performance I’ve seen from him in a Bees shirt.

I thought Kanu had a good game and combined well with Coker and Freeman to create chances down the left, and then he scored a goal taking on and beating most of their defence. It seemed like quite a lot to stake a claim for selection to me.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 20 Apr 2024, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
BeeArmy22

hoofer2 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 18:51 My startin XI would be..

Walker

Collinge Thomson Okimo

Cropper Kanu

Gorman Hartigan

Freeman, Kabamba, Stead
How on earth can anyone justify Walker starting?
hoofer2

It's a preference - of course Keeley will play. He won't be here next season
Beesting

Don’t think Walker will be here either.
Roy57

becbee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 15:32
Roy57 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 13:19 Kanu I thought played really well, as someone said he draws two defenders to him leaving space. Once again Brunt I felt didn't do much for Dean to start him in semi final. Great performances for most of the season to finished a fully deserved second place, huge congratulations to Dean and his coaching team, and of course TK for backing him. Was flicking from our game to Gateshead who did look tired, Solihull not overly impressive, just hope they don't improve and all have hard extra time first play off games. With Boringwood not scoring they are relegated, but if they had managed to score at the death of would of been York who would of been relegated after loosing at Solihull.
The guy sitting in front of this afternoon clearly thinks as little of Zak Brunt as you do. In fact I even wondered whether it was you.
He was moaning about Brunt, saying he wasn't doing anything.
His mate pointed out to him that Brunt wasn't even on the pitch, he'd been substituted about 10-15 minutes earlier.
I didn't run him down, just felt he didn't do enough for me to cement his starting place, and it's because we know Brunt has so much creative ability is why I find him frustrating, never felt he was or is not good enough, just would like to see him show his quality more in ganes.
rudebwoyben

There is no way Walker will be our starting XI goalkeeper for the semi-final.
Roy57

WhetstoneBee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 18:21 Some real selection dilemmas ahead of next week if (fingers crossed) players are back fit. I don’t think Kanu or Brunt did anything at all today to justify starting if Pritchard and Stead are fit. Freeman, on the other hand, impressed again and is surely in contention for a starting spot next weekend. Great to have Oluwo back just in time - I thought he’d need a lot more game time but he looked pretty sharp.
Watch what you say about Zak your have the Brunt police after you. Lol only kidding.
Were in the semi final, at home, we all need to be as one, and support every player in a bees shirt.
jerroll

rudebwoyben wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 19:29 There is no way Walker will be our starting XI goalkeeper for the semi-final.
unless Vicario and Forster have some of Arsene's special lasagne during the week!
ETBee

I'm thinking I would have preferred the winner of Alty v Halifax (Alty) than Solihull v Gateshead (Gateshead) next Saturday.
king45bee

Something odd in Aldershot manager interview about still preparing for playoff looking online seems to relate to Gateshead surely can't change now ?Image

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Beenaround

Keeley is a risk today he cocked up at the goal it was his fault and twice he was too far out of his goal and was lucky as his clearances were poor.
I’m concerned if we get to Wembley on a big pitch he will get caught out and cost us a place and simply go back to Spurs the only player to get to Wembley in years.
jonbonbaby

hoofer2 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 17:52
let_it_bee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 14:48 Brunt will hopefully learn a lot from watching Freeman. Both have very similar attributes but the latter seems to have the ability to influence the game far more. Comes with years of experience I suppose.
It was good to see Freeman encouraging Matjeko too. Not sure Pritch makes first XI if Freeman jcontinues to play as he did today and vs Halifax..

Great team performance. So comfortable and felt did not need to get out of 2nd gear.

Our defence looks vulnerable when neither Okimo/Thompson are on the field but didn't matter today.

Freeman has been desperate to get on scoresheet for weeks. Great he has broken his duck!

We have missed Collinge's goals - could he get double figures next week?
Pritchard over brunt all day long in my opinion far more reliable over 90 mins and leave freeman in
jonbonbaby

Beenaround wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 20:23 Keeley is a risk today he cocked up at the goal it was his fault and twice he was too far out of his goal and was lucky as his clearances were poor.
I’m concerned if we get to Wembley on a big pitch he will get caught out and cost us a place and simply go back to Spurs the only player to get to Wembley in years.
What did he do wrong for the goal ?? He didn’t mis pass the ball to one of their players it was a mix up with Hartigan and Collinge
rudebwoyben

I don’t think Freeman and Brunt can start together, they’re too similar in what they do and neither has the work-rate of Pritchard.
I don’t quite see how Keeley cocked up for their goal which arose from Danny Collinge unable to pick up a pass from Hartigan.
I don’t think we need to fear anyone we might play in the s/f: we’re in solid form with a lot of different players scoring and we’re at home. Respect yes, fear no.
WhetstoneBee

hoofer2 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 18:51 My startin XI would be..

Walker

Collinge Thomson Okimo

Cropper Kanu

Gorman Hartigan

Freeman, Kabamba, Stead
Coker for Kanu and I’d agree, though if Pritchard is fit I’d probably start him over Freeman despite today’s impressive display.