Kidderminster Harriers (THTS) The Hawkward Goodbye Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Kidderminster Harriers (THTS) The Hawkward Goodbye Match Thread

Roy57 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 13:19 Kanu I thought played really well, as someone said he draws two defenders to him leaving space. Once again Brunt I felt didn't do much for Dean to start him in semi final. Great performances for most of the season to finished a fully deserved second place, huge congratulations to Dean and his coaching team, and of course TK for backing him. Was flicking from our game to Gateshead who did look tired, Solihull not overly impressive, just hope they don't improve and all have hard extra time first play off games. With Boringwood not scoring they are relegated, but if they had managed to score at the death of would of been York who would of been relegated after loosing at Solihull.
The guy sitting in front of this afternoon clearly thinks as little of Zak Brunt as you do. In fact I even wondered whether it was you.
He was moaning about Brunt, saying he wasn't doing anything.
His mate pointed out to him that Brunt wasn't even on the pitch, he'd been substituted about 10-15 minutes earlier.
Tuesds

becbee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 15:32 He was moaning about Brunt, saying he wasn't doing anything.

His mate pointed out to him that Brunt wasn't even on the pitch, he'd been substituted about 10-15 minutes earlier.
He wasn’t wrong then!
beew

ninestein wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 14:53 Tickets are going to be taken up quick. Just managed to secure mine, but I had to re-select a seat twice as the one I picked was snapped up before I could checkout.
I had to wait 6 mins in a queue to be able to buy 2. As usual it's going crazy now were through and tickets are on sale. If your going get in quick before it's to late
Mikel Bee

beew wrote:
ninestein wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 14:53 Tickets are going to be taken up quick. Just managed to secure mine, but I had to re-select a seat twice as the one I picked was snapped up before I could checkout.
I had to wait 6 mins in a queue to be able to buy 2. As usual it's going crazy now were through and tickets are on sale. If your going get in quick before it's to late
There does seem to be more frantic demand for this than last season's sales for the NOW RELEGATED Borehamwood game.

Hopefully a good number opt to go behind the goal.
finchleyman

I was impressed that the Bees put four goals passed Kiddrminster who have acually conceded less goals than us this season. They had a big back four who were not timid in their approach. Knowing thsi - I was surprised that DB still went for wingers to cross the ball when the direct approach might have been better but, hey, what do I know? Bees still scored four imes. Luke Freemn had a very good and positive game as did Hartigan who, if he leaves us, we will miss greatly. I have never been a fan of Kanu who always cuts inside when faced with a defender and then falls over and loses the ball. Did this on many occasions today. Glad to see Oluwa back and he looked very assured. Coker only sees to pass the ball back to the keeper and we nearly got in severe trouble because of this in the second half. Anyway, second in the league. Did not see that happening at the beginning of the season so well done to everyone involved at Barnet FC. Onto the playoffs and EFL Div 2.
beesteve

If next weeks semi final is a draw after 90 minutes, is it extra time and then penalties if it`s still draw or straight to penalties?
rudebwoyben

Extra-time and then penalties
hoofer2

ETBee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 14:33 Why can you by a semi final ticket at the ground immediately but not buy on line even as an ST holder?
It was a bit strange. I ended up getting a paper ticket as a ST as the communication that was being sent out on Social Media did not mention they'd be online today too.

I'm having to take my Scouts camping next week including a Scout lead expedition. They'd better not get lost!!
hoofer2

11bee717 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 13:48 Anyone look as if they were giving their final goodbyes in the lap?
Not at all. Though only 3 really went to have photos taken with the fans applauding - Collinge, Kabamba, Gorman..
In my opinion all should have done - though I guess Player of the Year and business not yet done were motivating factors
hoofer2

let_it_bee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 14:48 Brunt will hopefully learn a lot from watching Freeman. Both have very similar attributes but the latter seems to have the ability to influence the game far more. Comes with years of experience I suppose.
It was good to see Freeman encouraging Matjeko too. Not sure Pritch makes first XI if Freeman continues to play as he did today and vs Halifax..

Great team performance. So comfortable and felt did not need to get out of 2nd gear.

Our defence looks vulnerable when neither Okimo/Thompson are on the field but didn't matter today.

Freeman has been desperate to get on scoresheet for weeks. Great he has broken his duck!

We have missed Collinge's goals - could he get double figures next week?
John Hunt

becbee wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 15:32
Roy57 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 13:19 Kanu I thought played really well, as someone said he draws two defenders to him leaving space. Once again Brunt I felt didn't do much for Dean to start him in semi final. Great performances for most of the season to finished a fully deserved second place, huge congratulations to Dean and his coaching team, and of course TK for backing him. Was flicking from our game to Gateshead who did look tired, Solihull not overly impressive, just hope they don't improve and all have hard extra time first play off games. With Boringwood not scoring they are relegated, but if they had managed to score at the death of would of been York who would of been relegated after loosing at Solihull.
The guy sitting in front of this afternoon clearly thinks as little of Zak Brunt as you do. In fact I even wondered whether it was you.
He was moaning about Brunt, saying he wasn't doing anything.
Brilliant!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
hoppy

If only it was two guaranteed promotion spots.
We would have been the live game on tv and The Hive would have been a sell out.
Oh well. The EFL turkeys are never going to vote for Xmas.
WhetstoneBee

Some real selection dilemmas ahead of next week if (fingers crossed) players are back fit. I don’t think Kanu or Brunt did anything at all today to justify starting if Pritchard and Stead are fit. Freeman, on the other hand, impressed again and is surely in contention for a starting spot next weekend. Great to have Oluwo back just in time - I thought he’d need a lot more game time but he looked pretty sharp.
hoofer2

My startin XI would be..

Walker

Collinge Thomson Okimo

Cropper Kanu

Gorman Hartigan

Freeman, Kabamba, Stead
BeeArmy22

hoofer2 wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 18:51 My startin XI would be..

Walker

Collinge Thomson Okimo

Cropper Kanu

Gorman Hartigan

Freeman, Kabamba, Stead
How on earth can anyone justify Walker starting?