Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DSM

Re: Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

Just want to add I thought the amber battalion were brilliant and at 2-0 down kept singing and kept the noise going. They will play a crucial role next season when we push for one step further
let_it_bee

DerekBFC wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 10:32 Yesterday I went to the match hoping for a win but expecting a loss which was soon confirmed. Like some others during my time supporting Barnet we have had ten opportunities to win ties to take us to Wembley but only managed it once. We were then comprehensively beaten. It has been many factors, bad luck, injuries to key players, better opposition, poor refereeing decisions, (plauged us on other big occasions Manchester United for example) and the team not turning up.
For the record :-

Crook Town Amateur Cup 1964 loss
Macclesfield Town FA Trophy 1970 loss
Telford United FA Tropy 1972 win
Blackpool Play Offs 1992 Loss
Colchester United Play Offs 1998 Loss
Peterborough United Play Offs 2000 Loss
Shrewsbury Town Play Offs 2004 Loss
Swindon Town FL Trophy 2012 Loss
Notts County Play Offs 2020 Loss
Solihull Moors Play Offs 2024 Loss

Just to think lately teams have made Wembly twice in a season

We need to win the National League to get out
We beat Telford in 72 - lost to Stafford Rangers in the final (I wonder where they are now? They certainly had a massive turnout on the day - looked like the whole town was there.)
LeftSideRun

BeeBoi1980 wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 21:11 Only two of the starters can come out with any credit.
Kanu tried to carry the team forward. Yes sometimes he could pass earlier but at least he had a go whilst being double and sometimes triple marked.
And Kabamba got zero service. He tried to get stuck in with the Solihull defence, but was onto a loser the way we played.
Solihull really deserved that. We played so badly I don’t know what to think about next season, which is a crazy thing to say after scoring 86 points.
Yes the tactics were all wrong, but as a player does it take that much to have a go? Have come away confused as to where this team is.
At least it’s lucky for Barnet when the year ends in 5.
Agree with this, although I thought the keeper did okay too, considering he conceded 4. Pritchard made a couple of early runs to support Kanu, didn't get the pass then stopped supporting him.
Last edited by LeftSideRun on 28 Apr 2024, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
king45bee

Long walk this morning took me past where VAR is based in Stockley Park- so glad we don't have that and then read the moaning from Premier League folk about too many games etc. Like any other job if you don't like it leave.

Much rather what we have at Barnet - yesterday we had our worse day at the office (we were just awful) they had their best- it happens.

What a season we have had if we can keep DB and core of team next season will be even better and when we go up will have better chance of staying up. COYB

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

simples169

From where i was sitting in the legends stand oppisite the 18 yard line their first 2 goals were questionable. The first came from a foul which was not a foul their player fell over once he felt a slight touch of a hand, the second their forward was offside when the goal kick was taken he then chested the ball onto another player, the linesman was no where near in line to observe this.
In the second half the same linesman failed to signal for 2 clear penalty decisions that should have been awarded to us for players being pulled to the ground.
There really does need to be a big improvement in officials in this league and it not be treated as a training school for reffs and linesmen.
CrawleyBee

simples169 wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 12:51 From where i was sitting in the legends stand oppisite the 18 yard line their first 2 goals were questionable. The first came from a foul which was not a foul their player fell over once he felt a slight touch of a hand, the second their forward was offside when the goal kick was taken he then chested the ball onto another player, the linesman was no where near in line to observe this.
In the second half the same linesman failed to signal for 2 clear penalty decisions that should have been awarded to us for players being pulled to the ground.
There really does need to be a big improvement in officials in this league and it not be treated as a training school for reffs and linesmen.
I thought that. However no complaints about the result, would have been more of a talking point if we gave them a game. Officials were terrible, but unfortunately that’s the standard of the National League.
Formerly Watfordbee
ninestein

We got bullied yesterday. When a team plays that tactic, we can't rely on fighting the referee. We've got to learn to fight fire with fire. To do that we need a few tougher players in the squad.

Our A-Game should be to play football as we want. Against a lot of sides that was clearly good enough.
The B-Game should be reserved for matches like yesterday. A more agricultural approach, then introduce the flair once the game gets stretched.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

CrawleyBee wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 12:56
simples169 wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 12:51 From where i was sitting in the legends stand oppisite the 18 yard line their first 2 goals were questionable. The first came from a foul which was not a foul their player fell over once he felt a slight touch of a hand, the second their forward was offside when the goal kick was taken he then chested the ball onto another player, the linesman was no where near in line to observe this.
I thought that. However no complaints about the result, would have been more of a talking point if we gave them a game. Officials were terrible, but unfortunately that’s the standard of the National League.
The officials were dreadful but they weren't the reason why we lost.
becbee

let_it_bee wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 12:17
We beat Telford in 72 - lost to Stafford Rangers in the final (I wonder where they are now? They certainly had a massive turnout on the day - looked like the whole town was there.)
Stafford Rangers have just been relegated from the National Premier League ( the league below NLN that Radcliffe have just finished as Champions). They finished their season with a 6-0 at Morpeth yesterday.
BeesKnees99

Solihull Moors (THTS) The Minging to Winning Match Thread

ninestein wrote:We got bullied yesterday. When a team plays that tactic, we can't rely on fighting the referee. We've got to learn to fight fire with fire. To do that we need a few tougher players in the squad.

Our A-Game should be to play football as we want. Against a lot of sides that was clearly good enough.
The B-Game should be reserved for matches like yesterday. A more agricultural approach, then introduce the flair once the game gets stretched.
Agree with this, but don’t think we have the personnel to do it.

They had a player whose shoulder popped out mid game - the medics shoved it back in and he carried on through the pain. Would any of our players do that?

I’ve said it before but I just don’t feel we have enough proper winners in this squad, or as DB puts it “we lack minerals”. We’re too nice, too respectful, and unfortunately in the ruthless football jungle, you have to be a predator. Solihull smelled blood yesterday and duly pounced.

When DB says “I know what I need to do”, my guess is he’ll prioritise signing some hard bastards, proven winners and proper characters who won’t choke at the first sign of pressure.

I just don’t think you can coach that sort of mentality. Or at least DB doesn’t seem able.
Last edited by BeesKnees99 on 28 Apr 2024, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
Berlinbee

DSM wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 11:54 Just want to add I thought the amber battalion were brilliant and at 2-0 down kept singing and kept the noise going. They will play a crucial role next season when we push for one step further
While I applaud your optimism, I don’t think we’ll be in a position to push one step further next season. We’ve kept the spine of this team, a lot of which are capable of playing in the football league, together while also strengthening areas and that’s what has been key to this season’s success.

A lot will likely move on next season and so it could be a complete rebuild. We’ll be in the top half, but I highly doubt we’ll challenge. We were playoff winners elect this season and we blew it. It would have been criminal and an injustice for Notts County to have not gone up last season and it’s the same for us this season. That’s the reality
BeeArmy22

Berlinbee wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 13:41
DSM wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 11:54 Just want to add I thought the amber battalion were brilliant and at 2-0 down kept singing and kept the noise going. They will play a crucial role next season when we push for one step further
While I applaud your optimism, I don’t think we’ll be in a position to push one step further next season. We’ve kept the spine of this team, a lot of which are capable of playing in the football league, together while also strengthening areas and that’s what has been key to this season’s success.

A lot will likely move on next season and so it could be a complete rebuild. We’ll be in the top half, but I highly doubt we’ll challenge. We were playoff winners elect this season and we blew it. It would have been criminal and an injustice for Notts County to have not gone up last season and it’s the same for us this season. That’s the reality
Nothing like notts last season. They got 107 points and didn’t win the league, 86 points would never be enough to win the league
Berlinbee

BeeArmy22 wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 13:55

Nothing like notts last season. They got 107 points and didn’t win the league, 86 points would never be enough to win the league
We won the league with 92 points and Orient did so with 89, so not far off.

My point was though relatively speaking, we finished 2nd on 86 points and on footballing merit should have gone up.

The national league desperately needs a second automatic promotion spot
Itsmeerc

You can’t be offside from a goal kick. Agree with the rest.
rudebwoyben

I think it’s very premature to write a post like that.