play offs??

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beeman

play offs??

I know it a bit optimistic but if we can keep our good form we might make it. Any thoughts
meden_820

Re: play offs??

Don't think it's realistic. We need another 37 points to be in with a sniff, so you're looking at 11 wins and 4 draws or a similar combination from our remaining games. We don't score enough to make that a realistic target. If we keep our squad fit for the rest of the season, top half is achievable. Play offs imho isn't unfortunately.
Masuka

No chance of the play offs. We are no where near good enough. This season has been better than the last few so I would hope a top half finish is in reach.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
hoofer2

Top half of teletext and no relegation battle please. Looking good so far and we have already had relative
success in the cups.

51 points is the golden target.
PBBee

I would love it to happen but unfortunately our good form started about a month or so too late. If you look at the league table there is only 1 play off space left in my opinion (top 6th will stay as it is) and we are still 18th and a long way off. We would need at least 2 points a game to have any chance.
_ABeeSee_

IF we had won last night and IF Oxford hadn't beaten Daggers, it would still have been on the cards. Not now though.
We're gonna piss this tin pot league
adher36

Such a shambolic result last night not winning. Any hope we had of reaching the Playoffs have now been chucked down the drain. Still not safe from relegation yet! Still think we may be dragged back down near the bottom...
meden_820

I think your definition of shambolic needs addressing. A clean sheet against a team that has scored in each of their last eight home games is not what I would describe as "shambolic" Barnet 3 Burton 6 now that was shambolic.
kingpinfid

Since our return to the league, our best finish has been 60 points and 12th place under the great man.

I think our target this season should be to try and better that. In my opinion the playoffs is unrealistic, more so after only drawing last night.
adher36

meden_820 wrote:I think your definition of shambolic needs addressing. A clean sheet against a team that has scored in each of their last eight home games is not what I would describe as "shambolic" Barnet 3 Burton 6 now that was shambolic.
I meant shambolic result, not shambolic performance! It was a must win match and we didn't win it! Just clearing that one up.
John_c

adher36 wrote:
meden_820 wrote:I think your definition of shambolic needs addressing. A clean sheet against a team that has scored in each of their last eight home games is not what I would describe as "shambolic" Barnet 3 Burton 6 now that was shambolic.
I meant shambolic result, not shambolic performance! It was a must win match and we didn't win it! Just clearing that one up.
Jeez, what do you call a defeat if a draw is shambolic?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
BarnetBoy

If the defence had been sorted out nearer to the beginning of the season then we may have had a a chance, but as it stands we are 18th and a long way off.

I would be very happy if we finish somewhere near the middle of the table and if the team keeps up the good performances of late then there is no reason why that would be unrealistic.

Barring a mass of injuries to players I don't think that we will be in the relegation scrap at the end of the season (sorry for tempting fate, I couldn't resist). :bash:
adher36

John_c wrote:
adher36 wrote:
Jeez, what do you call a defeat if a draw is shambolic?
Taking in concideration Plymouth's position in the table, and their shaky defence, not scoring against them is absolutely criminal. They were in the relegation zone for a reason, and we didn't exploit their weaknesses well enough. I was expecting a comfortable win, and yet again, on consecutive Tuesday nights, the team has let us fans down. Fully expecting Shrewsbury to beat us on Saturday now. That spell of good January form has come to an abrubt end.
nairtcab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40mhBE5M ... re=related

Having not read any of the posts this is how I feel about the thread title.
Sdodger

I meant shambolic result, not shambolic performance! It was a must win match and we didn't win it! Just clearing that one up.[/quote]

Jeez, what do you call a defeat if a draw is shambolic?[/quote]

Taking in concideration Plymouth's position in the table, and their shaky defence, not scoring against them is absolutely criminal. They were in the relegation zone for a reason, and we didn't exploit their weaknesses well enough. I was expecting a comfortable win, and yet again, on consecutive Tuesday nights, the team has let us fans down. Fully expecting Shrewsbury to beat us on Saturday now. That spell of good January form has come to an abrubt end.[/quote]

I presume this is your first season watching Barnet, as I have never thought of any away game where we will come away with a comfortable win!!

We could play a team of blind Oompa Loompa's and it would still be 6/4 for either team to win!!

Time to re-adjust your targets I think!