Staying for one more year

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Sam_BFC

Re: Staying for one more year

barnetfc.com wrote:The club's decision to build offices at their Edgware training centre, The Hive, means they will see staff currently stationed at Underhill relocated, effectively making The Hive the new home for The Bees.
I wonder how telling that statement really is.
tringthing

This is really great news for the club. At last something positive to look forward to, good times might really be ahead after this period of stagnation.
Jon83

Sam_BFC wrote:
barnetfc.com wrote:The club's decision to build offices at their Edgware training centre, The Hive, means they will see staff currently stationed at Underhill relocated, effectively making The Hive the new home for The Bees.
That stuck out for me as well, as did - we have had much positive communication from those who really value us as a community asset. It's so nice to talk constructively with people who have a positive attitude about what can be done in partnership with our club."
beeman

Great news so happy :D :D :D
jerroll

Jon83 wrote:
Sam_BFC wrote:
That stuck out for me as well, as did - we have had much positive communication from those who really value us as a community asset. It's so nice to talk constructively with people who have a positive attitude about what can be done in partnership with our club."
Likely to be Harrow council I would think.
lemming3k

Great news all round, hopefully can stay long enough to get the ground finished and take the club forwards.
Obviously TK reads the message boards judging by the comments at the bottom of the report so I'd like to say good job, keep it up! (hurry up and get the new ground finished)
;)
MajorBrownEye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
DerekRocholl

b4life wrote:Great News! How long will it take for the Trolls on this board to find something negative about this announcement?
Sorry if you see this a troll comment but while I welcome the news that we will be playing at Underhill next season I have yet to hear from any Barnet Supporter who wouldn't want to see Barnet FC playing at a stadium fit for the future "at Underhill, their famous home for the last 105 years" in preference to moving to the Hive - so I can't rejoice over the fact that the club feels it has to take this decision.
Stingtastic

Whatever the final outcome regarding the stadium, staying at Underhill for the short-medium term is very welcome news
Evanstribe

Fantastic news, without a doubt. Its exactly what we need; a season to get everything in order before a move. The phrasing of The Hive becoming 'the new home for the bees' is very significant I think- its more obvious than ever that we will be moving there in the future imo. What we need now is to see some plans for a new stadium, and put an end to any speculation as to where our long term future will be. This is definately a major step in the right direction though.
John_c

Great to see support for this. Great to see the club finally taking steps to secure a viable future.

All we need to do now is get a decent squad together...
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
EastBarnetBee

Great news!

One last year of memories at Underhill until we (hopefully) make the move into our new home, the hive.
ninestein

One more season at Underhill. Let's really make it one to remember on the field for the right reasons!
Here's an interesting idea though, just reading between the lines... if the contingency plan for the 2nd half of next season is in place (i.e. having to gain pedestrian access by taking away the portcabins and using the Scouts for club car parking), could we potentially stay there on a season-by-season basis until our new permanent home is ready for us to move in on OUR timescales?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Moonchild_Bee

I don't find this amazing or fantastic news - all this reads to me is that nothing has happened, so we are applying a temporary 'workaround' as an alternative to groundsharing.

Has anything actually changed since the announcement that we would be moving made in December?

The council still havn't given us the lease extension. All that we are now doing is knocking down some portacabins so referees have somewhere to park. Surely this is something that could / would have been established at the beginning of this whole saga? Why have we pretended that the council have had us by the balls all this time - or has someone somewhere had a lightbulb moment?

So what does this mean as to our future stadium? As far as I can read - nothing, except our admin staff are going to have a proper place of work, but was that not inevitable anyway? It wouldn't surprise me in the future if the Hive ends up being a significant source of our revenue anyway (i.e. 50% and above compared to our on filed income) - so I always thought this would happen.

And does this workaround mean in reality we can stay at Underhill as long as we want until the new stadium is finished? Has this been confirmed? This is the most important thing to me as the idea of groundsharing is one that was hanging over all of us as something that could go a long way to destroying the club.

This whole episode just feels a bit deflating - have we been waiting this long, with this build up, brinkmanship, just to announce, fundamentally, we are knocking down a portacabin or two if the council don't start being reasonable (and let's face it the chances of that are zero)? Can we get some real news soon please?
b4life wrote:Great News! How long will it take for the Trolls on this board to find something negative about this announcement?
OK, just to confirm, there are not any Trolls on this board. The 'trolls' do not exist. A 'troll' is not someone who has a different opinion to you, please do not go down that path as it's quite insulting. I am tired of Underhill and it's awful facilities, I am tired of Barnet Council, I am tired of short-sighted and ignorant people who still to this day believe that our chairman is our chairman solely to make money.

But I understand that there are people that have been coming to Underhill for generations, and rocking up to Underhill on Saturday is more important to them than ambition or success on the pitch - most of the people with these views have been supporters far longer (and probably far better than me), and I respect their views, whilst completely disagreeing with them. I respect people who believe that TK is going to make a mint from Barnet FC and sell Underhill to a supermarket and retire rolling in mounds of money, I respect them for having a strongly held view, but I won't argue with them as they are fundamentally stupid, ignorant, and there is no point arguing with an idiot. But that doesn't make them a troll.
EastBarnetBee

Realistically moonchild, if we are going to move into the Hive, then surely, with the time we now have this is the best possible situation? Stadiums are not built in a day.