Respect earns respect...

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Beehave1888

Re: Respect earns respect...

I'm not sure they were that lazy, they just were rubbish....I have no issue with a player being rubbish if he is putting the effort in.

I have an issue with a player that has a awful attitude on and off the pitch, spits at other players etc... and then I'm asked to show him respect. Not a chance.

The football club (to my knowledge) hasn't condemn CT's actions this season...the respect campaign must start with them.

It really is that simple, this isn’t about having another pop at the club, this is about leading by example.
Agewills

What has CT done off the pitch? (I'm not defending him btw, just curious)
j4barnet

The Football Club are often extremely rude and unnecessarily critical in a number of their public statements, for example, against he local authority following the announcement we were "being forced out" of Underhill. They also said that they would hesitate to call 'fans' who want to stay at Underhill, supporters. I know that many people also feel that Lawrie Sanchez has acted dis-respectively, as have a number of players this season and indeed over recent years. Many simply do not care and it is plain to see. Paul Fairclough even had to force the team to apologise to fans after an abysmal performance once or twice I recall! For the club to therefore demand 'respect' is somewhat hypocritical - in my opinion they should get their own house in order first. I believe there is a systemic behaviour and attitude problem (which stems from the club chairman) at BFC which has rubbed off on the players, management and staff and perhaps this has even rubbed off on supporters. We look to them to see what is acceptable, or not.

The club need to set this precedent, and until they change their ways its ridiculous to expect people who look up to them to do anything different. Do they not realise how important it is to set a good example? All I've learned from this club over the whole stadium saga for example is, "If you don't get what you want then throw your toys out of the pram". They need to seriously grow up.
John_c

The evil BFC monster will get you all!

We're all doomed...

In other much more important news - the world is still turning.

I'm hoping to hear that someone calls Sorry a c**t tomorrow and then the texts flow in and bingo we have a martyr for the cause.

I can see the t shirts now - "Save the Block C 1"

I hear that the SAS are on duty in case of all out civil unrest at Underhill.

Whatever you do, don't upset the NW Terrace boys - you wouldn't like them when they're angry.

Hey Josh, set a precedent yourself - did you call The Barnet Times? :eee:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Beehave1888

John, why do you always mention Block C?
John_c

Beehave1888 wrote:John, why do you always mention Block C?
Think you're confusing me with someone else...
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Beehave1888

And if it wasn't Josh that contacted the papers then it was properly the guy...i think his name is Chris Nosh, although I could be wrong.
Last edited by Beehave1888 on 16 Mar 2012, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Beehave1888

You just mentioned it though...why? I honestly dont know why Block C is picked out. I'm not having a dig...
John_c

Beehave1888 wrote:You just mentioned it though...why? I honestly dont know why Block C is picked out. I'm not having a dig...
Block C is, apparently, the home of the Official TK Brown Nosers Club. I think. I sit there - so I keep being told.

Beehave1888

I've never seen you in that area...i thought the idea of climbing 8 steps put you off from sitting there.
John_c

Beehave1888 wrote:I've never seen you in that area...i thought the idea of climbing 8 steps put you off from sitting there.
Exactly!

Bee_Forever

We are all adults and are responsible for our own behaviour, I do not model my behaviour on Barnet FC players or staff, and would not advise anyone to do so.

There is a difference to venting frustration and being abusive unfortunately the rather poorly worded article fails to make that distinction. It appears to place the same value on chanting Sanchez out to Sanchez, you're a c**t which is entirely wrong in my opinion.
Bee_Forever

We are all adults and are responsible for our own behaviour, I do not model my behaviour on Barnet FC players or staff, and would not advise anyone to do so.

There is a difference to venting frustration and being abusive unfortunately the rather poorly worded article fails to make that distinction. It appears to place the same value on chanting Sanchez out to Sanchez, you're a c**t which is entirely wrong in my opinion.
ricardobee

So where is all this terrible abuse coming from that is upsetting our chairman, manager and players?
From a secret source, who is very adjacent to the main stand, I gather some naughty words have been coming from that vicinity!
Could it be Rose or maybe even Reckless that's questioning the ability of our manager, players or even the chairman?
Hard to hear the East Terrace as they seem to make most of the noise, the south and family stands are normally full of kids and the north are few in numbers.
The north-west terrace is well-known for long-term supporters who appreciate good football, can't seem to remember too much cursing (maybe there's the occasional criticism of players who shouldn't be wearing the Barnet shirt) from this bunch of venerable and good-natured supporters. Though for some it has been a struggle for the last 16-17 seasons. Any policing for us, the chairman can call in that famous fighting force, the Chelsea Pensioners.
So might I suggest, instead of having a go at the people who pay the entrance fee, have a go at those who are suppose to be entertaining us, then they might get the respect and support of all Barnet supporters.
Reckless

I would never stoop so low to have to use that sort of abusive language Greavsie- not these days anyway.
At Lower Class Mead and Robin Wainwright, Paul Bowgitt, Vinnie Jones and the Cordice Brothers or Southburied Road and Nicky Francis or Barrow and Kevin Thomas or Hull/Bury/Wherever and Gary Brabin or Alty and John King or back at Southburied and Eddie McClusky then that was a different era and a whole different time zone. Nicky Ironton got it really bad at Enfailed before he joined us as he used to go out with Mrs Reckless and she allegedly dumped him for me! When he came here of course with Howell, Pape, Ashford, Docker, Harding, Stacey, etc etc then of course they were all damn good eggs :-)