Two Together

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Edd1

Re: Two Together

Think you went later than 1998. I wrote a piece once called "I was Shearers skivy" about working in corporate hospitality at Newcastle United and that was at the start of the 2000-2001 season.

Looking forward to seeing the old issues (I loved the front cover featuring Jimmy Hill and his tennis racket) when I get home. Facebook is, alas, banned at work. (With this fine organ of a website of course considered perfectly suitable for work time?!?)
ninestein

I loved reading these when they were out. I remember boarding to coach to Brighton for the last ever floodlit game at the Goldstone Ground having just bought a copy off someone at the Queens Arms. Alan Mullery had just departed the club, and the photo on the front cover was one of Mullery super-imposed into a Star Wars theme, the caption was "May the 4-4-2 be with you!" At the time we'd got so used to the wing-back system deployed by Ray Clemence and Terry Bullivant, with some degree of success, and Mullery tried to change it, and our form nose-dived.

Always loved the way these fanzines were written. Unfortunately this sort of thing is less commonplace now owing to the prominence of the internet.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ninestein

Prior to the days of Two Together, does anyone else remember the previous fanzine "Buzztalk"?
WelwynBee

ninestein wrote:Prior to the days of Two Together, does anyone else remember the previous fanzine "Buzztalk"?

Oh yes, also in the loft.

Some very funny stuff in them. One headline sticks in my memory - ''Barnet FACUP again'', presumeably we were knocked out of the Fa Cup by a smaller club.
Also our 2 nil win at Darlo got extensive coverage in one issue.
Great days.
John_c

WelwynBee wrote:
ninestein wrote:Prior to the days of Two Together, does anyone else remember the previous fanzine "Buzztalk"?

Oh yes, also in the loft.

Some very funny stuff in them. One headline sticks in my memory - ''Barnet FACUP again'', presumeably we were knocked out of the Fa Cup by a smaller club.
Also our 2 nil win at Darlo got extensive coverage in one issue.
Great days.
Buzztalk was always our inspiration for Two Together. The immortal lines "Halo Halo, Nicky is back" with a pciture of Sir Nick with angels wings behind him was one of the greats. :D
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
rudebwoyben

I remember that issue back in 1990/91.
An issue after the one that featured the infamous Chelmsford City ruckus and fat Stan threatening to ban a certain J Cosgrove from the ground because of the article he wrote in Buzztalk about it.
John_c

Issue 17 (The Star Wars One) now on line.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ninestein

Marvellous!
WelwynBee

[quote="John_c"]Issue 17 (The Star Wars One) now on line.[/quot

Thanks John,

Some articles could have been written this season let alone back then, some interesting parallels !

Was the ''Tony Loses It'' article genuine? If so, my God he's mellowed a bit since then hasn't he?