In other football news... [MK Franchise v AFC Wimbledon]

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: In other football news... [MK Franchise v AFC Wimbledon]

Not as far as I know and if they were, it was due to the inept bunglings of the Norwegian consortium who bought the club off Sam Hammam. One thing that got Wimbledon supporters so angry was that none of the owners of the club ever seriously tried to move the club back to Merton.
jerroll

Wimbledon were bought out of Admin by Winkelman in summer 04 but they had already played in MK since september 03 - a move that Winkelman had a direct role in.
Hampybee

Re: In other football news...

hgbee wrote:despite despising both teams, i have decided to accept a mate's offer of a lift up there (pending tonights MK v CC match) just for the spectacle of pure hatred.

Wow! You despise them. Did they rape your children and pillage your sheep or something?
finchleyman

sheriffsam84 wrote:http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=9392

Quite an interesting read on the AFC/Kingstonian saga.

There is also an intersting article about the demise of Northwich Victoria. I used to enjoy trips to Cheshire and Northwich even though their ground was in the middle of an industiral estate. It seems that the Supporters Trust have decided to stat a new club - good luck to them.
magiovinium_bee

kingpinfid wrote:MK people should be disliked just because they're from MK. The football club thing only makes things worse.

Plus what happened to winning the conference to earn your place in the football league or being a founder member of the league.

Thanks for that. There's many a loyal bee up here in MK.
BGr

Hampybee wrote:
hgbee wrote:despite despising both teams, i have decided to accept a mate's offer of a lift up there (pending tonights MK v CC match) just for the spectacle of pure hatred.

Wow! You despise them. Did they rape your children and pillage your sheep or something?
not quite. after last years match which we won 4 0, i had a heiniken bottle thrown at my head on the way to high barnet tube. and eveeryone hates mk dons dont they?
Hampybee

hgbee wrote:
Hampybee wrote:

not quite. after last years match which we won 4 0, i had a heiniken bottle thrown at my head on the way to high barnet tube. and eveeryone hates mk dons dont they?
and it was actually the AFC Wimbledon team that threw it ? I can't believe there was no publicity about that incident.
sheriffsam84

Going back to discussing the situation seriously (as I actully find it quite interesting) I found this article on the BBC website that i thought was quite good reading.

I understand that PW has said in this interview that he does not believe that what happened was the best way of doing things, but what i dont understand is that if he really believes that, why he refuses to take the Dons out of the name. Does it really matter that much to him? Taking away my dislike of the club fort a moment, they have built a huge stadium and a decent fanbase from scratch and are a team that, lets be honest, will be in the Championship soon. Once they get up their, they will become much more successful. SO why not just change the name to MK United, or MK Town or MK Rangers or something, and really cut ties and start out on your own.

The Wimbledon thing will forever hang over the head of the club with the Dons element still intact. Taking that away, they have be reletively successful in their short history, so why not try and concentrate on that rather than the way the club was "born"?
South_Belfast_Bee

The AFC directors are refusing to accept hospitality from MK Franchise - not quite refusing to fulfill the fixture, is it?
becbee

Whilst we can all understand how they feel, I think that refusing to accept hospitality makes them look very petty. Let's hope there isn't a replay.
South_Belfast_Bee

The the AFC fans trust say they wouldn't call a boycott of the fixture aswell? If I were a (AFC) Dons fan I'd suggest a boycott of the match but hold a protest outside the ground, or perhaps at the Milton Keynes border.
sheriffsam84

its such a tricky question. If our club had been taken to MK and we were now on an AFC Barnet forum, what would we do. I think the idea of the boycott is that they do not feel its a grudge match, MK are not their rivals, they do not believe MK should even exist and as such do not want to go to a ground they think shouldnt exist to watch a team who ripped their club with all its history out of its home and away from its fanbase.

On teh flipside, the players do not deserve to have no support, so its a hard question to call. I think the hospitality thing is actually quite right. They are not trying to make a big song and dance about it, they just do not want to be in teh same room as the man responsible for the move in the first place and have to be forced to make petty nicities with him. In my opinion thats fair enough.

I would probably go to the game and i would hope that the away fans pack out their end and make noise throughout the whole game, filling that end with blue and yellow and banners protesting against MK. Thats the way to get the message accross that what has happened has not been forgotten and that those supporting the club do so because Wimbledon, with decades of tradition and support was handed to them on a plate. This is an occasion to make the MK fans feel very guilty about what they are doing.
letchbee94

We could say why don't Brentfird drop the bees nickname?
ShankBee

letchbee94 wrote:We could say why don't Brentfird drop the bees nickname?

Totally different. Quite ridiculous post in all honesty.
sheriffsam84

letchbee94 wrote:We could say why don't Brentfird drop the bees nickname?
Are you joking? if not, this is laughable.