Some amazing comments...

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
dawat

Re: Some amazing comments...

Pushkin wrote:I wonder if The Chuckle Brothers were at the game and what they thought of Barnet's performance.
Pretty sure they were on the wings for Rotherham !
Beerive

I was at the Rotherham match and it seems that most of the 11 that outplayed a promotion- chasing team were the same players who,not so long ago, were looking dead certs for relegation. This must be down to Davids and his coaching staff. With a performance like that, I can't see why we can't keep up the run and eventually start to look at the play off places. The position that Weston played on Saturday was also a master stroke. He is deceptively quick as well as his positional sense. I do think that John Oster has to come back into the team. Apart from that,the 4 wins out of 6 (all against teams in the top 8) proves how far we have come since the pre Davids era. Potentially, we could be looking at one of the best Barnet sides for some time.
ninestein

It just goes to show how important a bit of self belief and confidence can be in this league. Sure you have to have a certain amount of quality, but a team that is playing for each other will always do well. The playoffs are still a bit too far off for me, even though there's a lot of football to be played still. We're not invincible and we will lose and draw games, but that doesn't mean we can't still aim for a top half finish, albeit in 12th place. All of us would have jumped at that opportunity in pre-season. Davids has a great opportunity here to really push on and turn us into a really good side.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ninestein

It just goes to show how important a bit of self belief and confidence can be in this league. Sure you have to have a certain amount of quality, but a team that is playing for each other will always do well. The playoffs are still a bit too far off for me, even though there's a lot of football to be played still. We're not invincible and we will lose and draw games, but that doesn't mean we can't still aim for a top half finish, albeit in 12th place. All of us would have jumped at that opportunity in pre-season. Davids has a great opportunity here to really push on and turn us into a really good side.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees

You dont think it's a bit early to be looking up, I think we have a way to go yet. All the bottom 5 appear to be on a good run or have just turned things round. When all the games in hand are played out we could easily be back in the bottom 2. Seems to me it's currently a race to see if we can overtake the out of form sides like accy, morecombe,torquay and rochdale to put space betwean us and the relegation zone. It's great that we are on a good run but the damage done in the first 12 games still hasnt been fully repaired. There are too many examples like Lincoln of teams getting back into the pack and then slipping back again. Still looking at how depressed I was after the Plymouth game I just grateful we now have a team to be proud of.
becbee

During / after the first 12 matches I couldn't see how we were going to get one win or to double figures points this season. The fact that we now have 7 wins and 29 points is riches beyond belief!!! Whatever happens during the remainder of the season, at least we're no longer going to matches knowing that to all intents and purposes the match will be over after 30 minutes.
hoofer2

We simply have to start getting the results against the teams around us. The most recent games that will have made
a big difference were Aldershot (H) and Wimbledon (H). This would have had an impact on the points cushion and
Goal Difference if we had held on to win against the Wombles and gained a draw against Aldershot.

It is not enough to be competitive against the top half sides we are not expected to get results against:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/vtophalf.html

We have to be ruthless in the dogfight at the bottom:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/vbothalf.html

For me the key games are:

Bristol Rovers (A)
Rochdale (H)
Plymouth (A)
Morecambe(H)
Accrington (A)
Wimbledon (A)

Lets hope Jake Hyde stays fit. He has become our Dirk Kuyt this season and
is a big team player.
Bee_Forever

becbee wrote:During / after the first 12 matches I couldn't see how we were going to get one win or to double figures points this season. The fact that we now have 7 wins and 29 points is riches beyond belief!!! Whatever happens during the remainder of the season, at least we're no longer going to matches knowing that to all intents and purposes the match will be over after 30 minutes.
Could not agree more. This team and its fans have been on an astonishing journey this season from the despair of Port Vale and Rochdale away to the joy of winning at Gillingham and Rotherham, I am not looking beyond the next game at the moment, and just enjoying the ride...
Jimbokav1971

hoofer2 wrote:Lets hope Jake Hyde stays fit. He has become our Dirk Kuyt this season and
is a big team player.
Totally agree and it's about time we started to recognise it. Don't get me wrong, it is great now that we have got some competition/support in the form of Atieno and will be even beter if and when we get CJ on the pitch, but the shift that Jake has put in up there largely on his own in recent months have been very impressive. Really glad his hard-work is being rewarded with goals, (and some belters at that). Can't we just find someone who just scores lots of rubbish tap-ins though? Most of our goals seem to be good ones. :whistle:
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
simples169

will we be making similar comments about our teams play after the fleetwood game on saturday ?
we do still seem to blow hot and cold with no real consistancy in play, especially at home.
hopefully we can now put a really long run of wins together and get away from the bottom of the table.
jerroll

simples169 wrote:will we be making similar comments about our teams play after the fleetwood game on saturday ?
we do still seem to blow hot and cold with no real consistancy in play, especially at home.
hopefully we can now put a really long run of wins together and get away from the bottom of the table.
With temperatures not due to get above 0 after 3pm on wednesday until Sunday I would suggest an alternative evening will be required for the Cod Army's visit!
South_Belfast_Bee

jerroll wrote:
simples169 wrote:will we be making similar comments about our teams play after the fleetwood game on saturday ?
With temperatures not due to get above 0 after 3pm on wednesday until Sunday I would suggest an alternative evening will be required for the Cod Army's visit!
The rest of the South Belfast BFC SC are due over for the match - I will be at Underhill with a paraffin heater if needsbe to keep it playable!
jerroll

best of luck with that.
PBBee

I fear for the game as well. Hope it isn't called off though as we are in decent form & they're not doing great in recent weeks.
Mikel Bee

Looks like there could be some heavy snow on Friday afternoon into Saturday morning so it's not looking promising. (letchbee knew I was going to post this :laugh: ).