London Broncos

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Moonchild_Bee

Re: London Broncos

At the Stoop and other grounds you play at do Bronco's get a % of non ticket revenue (i.e. bar money)? This always seems to be the big issue with groundsharing at our level.
BroncoBee

Moonchild_Bee wrote:At the Stoop and other grounds you play at do Bronco's get a % of non ticket revenue (i.e. bar money)? This always seems to be the big issue with groundsharing at our level.
No
BoiledBurgers

Not quite sure how another ground share can be arranged when another club have never given up their legal right to play at the Hive. That needs to be dealt with first.
BeeBee

BoiledBurgers wrote:Not quite sure how another ground share can be arranged when another club have never given up their legal right to play at the Hive. That needs to be dealt with first.
Blimey, does Wealstone FC want to come back?? I thought they pulled out of the project because they did not have enough money to complete the conversion of Prince Edward's Fields it was on no??
BoiledBurgers

BeeBee wrote:
BoiledBurgers wrote:Not quite sure how another ground share can be arranged when another club have never given up their legal right to play at the Hive. That needs to be dealt with first.
Blimey, does Wealstone FC want to come back?? I thought they pulled out of the project because they did not have enough money to complete the conversion of Prince Edward's Fields it was on no??
You need to read up on the history including the terms of the deal agreed when the site was awarded to Barnet. Providing a stadium for Wealdstone FC was not only a condition of the deal, it was an explicit condition of the terms of the transfer of ownership of the land from the National Playing Fields Association to Harrow Council. Wealdstone have never given up that right, Barnet FC have simply never provided any terms. Wealdstone could move in tomorrow (in theory).
kingpinfid

It sounds like an open and shut case, so I suggest that Wealdstone instruct their solicitors immediately.

Or perhaps it's not quite that simple, hence why no legal challenge has been forthcoming (to date).
BeeBee

Blimey, thanks for the info guys. Knew The Hive was too good to be true!!ha :/ Fingers crossed everything is all amicable and Barnet, Wealdstone and London Broncos can all share! #OneLocalLove
Moonchild_Bee

BeeBee wrote:
Wealdstone don't want to come back as they only get gate receipts (i.e. not a share of the bar etc). Which is why I asked the question above. It seems it would work for Broncos - we'd get to keep bar & ancillary benefits, they would pay us £200,000+ - possibly more for training facilities, and would seemingly be happy. Seems like Bronco's are more beneficial to us...

Perhaps a way round the problems we're having is for Wealdstone to build a large pub near The Hive / one of the tube stations, thus ensuring they keep all the bar takings (presuming their fans only drink there...) plus they get the support of Barnet fans who need better pubs nearby, and year round benefits. And opening a pub is cheaper than building a ground. As long as they don't leave it half built & rotting away for 6 years we'd all be happy? :?:
Moonchild_Bee

BoiledBurgers wrote:You need to read up on the history including the terms of the deal agreed when the site was awarded to Barnet. Providing a stadium for Wealdstone FC was not only a condition of the deal, it was an explicit condition of the terms of the transfer of ownership of the land from the National Playing Fields Association to Harrow Council. Wealdstone have never given up that right, Barnet FC have simply never provided any terms. Wealdstone could move in tomorrow (in theory).
Just out of interest what happens to Wealdstone FC if the Football Foundation demand immediate repayment of their £1 million grant (?) which I gather they could do at any moment for failure of Wealdstone to finish the project they were funding? Or has some agreement been raised?
BoiledBurgers

Moonchild_Bee wrote:
BoiledBurgers wrote:You need to read up on the history including the terms of the deal agreed when the site was awarded to Barnet. Providing a stadium for Wealdstone FC was not only a condition of the deal, it was an explicit condition of the terms of the transfer of ownership of the land from the National Playing Fields Association to Harrow Council. Wealdstone have never given up that right, Barnet FC have simply never provided any terms. Wealdstone could move in tomorrow (in theory).
Just out of interest what happens to Wealdstone FC if the Football Foundation demand immediate repayment of their £1 million grant (?) which I gather they could do at any moment for failure of Wealdstone to finish the project they were funding? Or has some agreement been raised?
Agreement has been reached.
BoiledBurgers

Moonchild_Bee wrote: Wealdstone don't want to come back as they only get gate receipts (i.e. not a share of the bar etc). Which is why I asked the question above. It seems it would work for Broncos - we'd get to keep bar & ancillary benefits, they would pay us £200,000+ - possibly more for training facilities, and would seemingly be happy. Seems like Bronco's are more beneficial to us...

Perhaps a way round the problems we're having is for Wealdstone to build a large pub near The Hive / one of the tube stations, thus ensuring they keep all the bar takings (presuming their fans only drink there...) plus they get the support of Barnet fans who need better pubs nearby, and year round benefits. And opening a pub is cheaper than building a ground. As long as they don't leave it half built & rotting away for 6 years we'd all be happy? :?:
Who said Wealdstone don't want to "come back"? Wealdstone have always retained their right to play at the stadium.
sheriffsam

Please make this happen!!!
Stingtastic

BoiledBurgers wrote:
Moonchild_Bee wrote:
Agreement has been reached.
Boiled; genuine question: if Barnet FC had not completed the works on the ground, Wealdstone remained unable to and no-one else stepped in to complete the works; would Wealdstone FC (and / or its Directors) have been liable for repayment of the grant?
BoiledBurgers

Stingtastic wrote: Boiled; genuine question: if Barnet FC had not completed the works on the ground, Wealdstone remained unable to and no-one else stepped in to complete the works; would Wealdstone FC (and / or its Directors) have been liable for repayment of the grant?
No idea, you'll have to ask a club official (which I'm not).

What I do know is there were many other bids to develop the site and complete the stadium for Wealdstone FC so it's a moot point. Barnet's own proposal said the same. Now history is glossed over, commitments conveniently forgotten to further your own gains. And you wonder why the locals and Harrow public aren't welcoming you? It took Wealdstone 10 years to get the right planning approvals and funding in place aswell as spending hundreds of thousands of pounds of our own money (not our chairman's) and work alongside local residents to get their buy in. They haven't got what they thought they were getting. Neither did Wealdstone.
hoppy

Didn't wealdstone make loadsa dash out of the development of Lower Mead Stadium? What happened to that money?