BARNET FC v DARTFORD - bank holiday bonanza match thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeeBoi1980

Re: BARNET FC v DARTFORD - bank holiday bonanza match thread

The Vanettes can come back whenever they like ;-)
barnetboy1

By the way ,apropos nothing, a shout from the South Stand to KMB whilst warming up..
" Marsh-Brown.oi Marsh-Brown,are you staying"?
..got a big smile and a thumbs up from Keanu.
PS The Vanettes should be a permanent fixture!
Bee_Forever

Decent performance, Was brave to start Mekki and although it did not pay off fully it was good to see MA trying things.

For me the best performance was from Luisma Villa, his vision is simply outstanding. I just wish he was strong enough to hold down a place in a midfield 2, as it is I think his appearances may be sporadic, especially with Vilhete and Gambin snapping at his heels for the winger berth.
BeesKnees

How many do you think were in the south terrace?
I'd guess at around 300
BeesKnees

I dont think it's Luismas strength that is an issue, it's his pace. He always looks to me lke he is running in treacle.

I notice Weston is yet to commit a rash challenge, I suspect it's because Togwell is next to him.
Masuka

I don't think we need to worry about playing soft teams so far. We have played some real quality football and clearly have players that are very, very comfortable at this level which should fill us with belief going into the tougher games.

The real test will come when the likes of Cook, Akinde, Ngala etc are missing games with injuries - how well will our squad be able to plug the gaps and continue to score and not concede? How long will Halifax be able to keep their impressive run going? Will we be able to create space between us and the teams below? will KMB ever look interested? Will I run down the street naked?

So many questions. It's a marathon not a sprint lets hope we have the legs! :shock:
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
SouthBristolBee

First visit to The Hive for me today. I nearly did not go because of the bad weather, but I'm really glad I decided to brave all the rain and spray on the motorway during the long drive from my home in Bristol.
I agree with everything that has already been said about the performance and feel Cook thoroughly deserved to be named man of the match. I just wanted to comment on the atmosphere at today's game. I thought it was great. I remember reading comments on here about the ground being very quiet at times last season. It wasn't quiet today and I thought the crowd really got behind the team. I know it makes all the difference when the team is winning, but I think the players really appreciated the vocal encouragement they received and were generous in the way they clapped the supporters at the end.

I now look forward to the away game at Forest Green which is the closest to me before planning another trip to The Hive.
beew

SouthBristolBee wrote:First visit to The Hive for me today. I nearly did not go because of the bad weather, but I'm really glad I decided to brave all the rain and spray on the motorway during the long drive from my home in Bristol.
I agree with everything that has already been said about the performance and feel Cook thoroughly deserved to be named man of the match. I just wanted to comment on the atmosphere at today's game. I thought it was great. I remember reading comments on here about the ground being very quiet at times last season. It wasn't quiet today and I thought the crowd really got behind the team. I know it makes all the difference when the team is winning, but I think the players really appreciated the vocal encouragement they received and were generous in the way they clapped the supporters at the end.

I now look forward to the away game at Forest Green which is the closest to me before planning another trip to The Hive.
Fair play to you SBB for traveling so far.
jamiefrbees

I know I've said it before, and at the start of the season, but it is a joy to see someone put KMB in his place like Martin Allen has done. He has truly got his card marked.

He will struggle to get in the team all season, because that's what it is now, a team. So bloody refreshing
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
kingpinfid

The only thing I would add to the above is that our two centre-mids were quality yesterday. The opposition couldn't get near them and even when they did, Weston and Togwell just played their way out of trouble.

This team looks really well balanced and has quality all over the pitch.

However, one area for improvement would be to employ a part-time goal keeping coach to help Stack improve his confidence at coming for crosses. Even if he doesn't want to catch them, punching is fine. A little area for improvement that could make a big difference when we play the top teams.
rudebwoyben

Masuka chose his thread title well!
BeesKnees

kingpinfid wrote:The only thing I would add to the above is that our two centre-mids were quality yesterday. The opposition couldn't get near them and even when they did, Weston and Togwell just played their way out of trouble.

This team looks really well balanced and has quality all over the pitch.

However, one area for improvement would be to employ a part-time goal keeping coach to help Stack improve his confidence at coming for crosses. Even if he doesn't want to catch them, punching is fine. A little area for improvement that could make a big difference when we play the top teams.
I agree that Togwell and Weston work well together to win the midfield for us. Related to another thread on discipline I am yet to see Weston forced into the lunging challenge that got him booked so often last season. My only concern has been how deep they drop when we decide to hold a lead, particularly in the second half against Bristol they were almost on top of the back four and inviting the opposition onto us.
Bee_Forever

I llike the fact that Allen appears to be using KMB as a striker more than a winger.

He is a mercurial talent, but tracking back is not his strong suit, which in an Allen team is a bit of a fatal flaw. Putting him on up front to run at tired defences is a strong tactic especially when we have a comfortable lead. Will be interesting to see if MA tries this if we are chasing the game.