KMB to the Championship?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: KMB to the Championship?

I think experienced players like Stack, Cook, Togwell and MacDonald would be able to cope with that.
petersperoni

Is there disruption caused by KMB in the dressing room? There may be but, given our recent performances, results and league position there doesn't seem to be. However, IF by us booing him whilst on the pitch creates a negative affect on his performance and thereby affects the team performance wouldn't we be playing a major part in causing disruption in the team?

I've spoken with KMB a number of times and have found him to be a very pleasant young man and I wonder if close influences in his life are guiding him down the route he seems to be on.

While I don't agree with what KMB, apparently, has said or done, I won't be booing or similar. I'll leave MA to deal with it as he sees fit in the hope the undoubted talent can help the team succeed, and if it still doesn't work get him playing to a standard that a club that does have money can come and buy him for what his talent is worth in January.
BeesKnees

A few comments from the Blackpool fans:

'Trust me KMB will not be disappointed he didn't join this championship club'
'Forest Green are a bigger club, with soon a bigger fan base. '
'all our players so far loans and freebies'

I just get the impression that TK was unable to take the Blackpool offer seriously and they are not in a good place right now. As KMB rejected FGR and no one else came in then the reality is there was no viable offers on the table.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport ... -1-6819572
Last edited by BeesKnees on 03 Sep 2014, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
iBee

So KMB has called Barnet FC a F-ing joke. Haven't we all? Does that mean that we should boo each other too.

He shouldn't have said it but none of us really know what happened on Monday.

I would be surprised to find a supporter that hasn't at some call our club exactly the same thing.

KMB wanted the right deal for him, TK wanted the right deal for him, sadly for both it didn't happen.
Moonchild_Bee

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/luton ... -1-6275794

Interesting stuff from Stilly. Although he appears to think KMB only has one year left on his contract:

" “That’s not to say that won’t be revisited when the loan window re-opens and see if something can’t be worked out then.

“Because what’s happened a little bit to Barnet, in this situation, is that his value has gone down now.

“In January, which is not that far until the end of the season, will people pay that money?

“They wouldn’t pay it now, so they won’t pay it in January.

“So if that gets left, it’s almost a free transfer then.”"
pgbee

“Because what’s happened a little bit to Barnet, in this situation, is that his value has gone down now."

JS is hardly gonna say KMBs value has gone up!!!

“In January, which is not that far until the end of the season, will people pay that money?"

They might do if he scores a shedful and proves his worth....
jerroll

As with the majority of our contracts there is likely to be an option year in our favour on top of whatever the percived lenght of the contract is.
rudebwoyben

pgbee wrote:“Because what’s happened a little bit to Barnet, in this situation, is that his value has gone down now."

JS is hardly gonna say KMBs value has gone up!!!

“In January, which is not that far until the end of the season, will people pay that money?"

They might do if he scores a shedful and proves his worth....
Exactly. Besides, in football last week's news is a fading memory. A club struggling for inspiration in January will not factor in a player's behaviour the previous August when sizing him up.
GRH

Agreed. Who would have thought Jason Puncheon would have been in the Crystal Palace side at the weekend given what he said about Warnock? Clubs have very short memories when winning games is what's important.
BeesKnees

I notice the ommision of FGR bid. Not going to admit to being priced out by a conference side.
letchbee94

petersperoni wrote:Is there disruption caused by KMB in the dressing room? There may be but, given our recent performances, results and league position there doesn't seem to be. However, IF by us booing him whilst on the pitch creates a negative affect on his performance and thereby affects the team performance wouldn't we be playing a major part in causing disruption in the team?

I've spoken with KMB a number of times and have found him to be a very pleasant young man and I wonder if close influences in his life are guiding him down the route he seems to be on.

While I don't agree with what KMB, apparently, has said or done, I won't be booing or similar. I'll leave MA to deal with it as he sees fit in the hope the undoubted talent can help the team succeed, and if it still doesn't work get him playing to a standard that a club that does have money can come and buy him for what his talent is worth in January.
Good points Pete, I have/had no intentions of booing KMB (Or Bradley for that matter) anyway, I'm not happy with what KMB said (or maybe supposedly said) on twitter about the club, yes we have all probably said the same about the club in the past but like I said if you said the same about the company you work for on a social web site you would if caught probably end up with the sack.
John_c

letchbee94 wrote:
petersperoni wrote:Is there disruption caused by KMB in the dressing room? There may be but, given our recent performances, results and league position there doesn't seem to be. However, IF by us booing him whilst on the pitch creates a negative affect on his performance and thereby affects the team performance wouldn't we be playing a major part in causing disruption in the team?

Good points Pete, I have/had no intentions of booing KMB (Or Bradley for that matter) anyway, I'm not happy with what KMB said (or maybe supposedly said) on twitter about the club, yes we have all probably said the same about the club in the past but like I said if you said the same about the company you work for on a social web site you would if caught probably end up with the sack.
I would never contemplate booing one of our own players. No one is seriously considering that are they?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Reckless

Mark Arber was being considered as a defence coach JC didn't you not know?
John_c

Reckless wrote:Mark Arber was being considered as a defence coach JC didn't you not know?
I would be more than happy with that. As I would have been had he come back as a player.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
becbee

Hasn't this run long enough? KMB is just a silly immature lad who has let his emotions get the better of him and has a stupid brother. It happens.

He believed all the hype and now he's found himself not even able to get into the starting X1 at a Conference club.

I think the fans efforts should be concentrated on supporting the 11 players on the pitch in Barnet shirts. Not jeering KMB, the Alfreton number 10 or any other perceived villains of the piece.

I hope KMB sorts himself out asap - but he'll do that a lot quicker if he's not got "fans" on his back all the time.