The chairman has spoken

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: The chairman has spoken

Postby gafferbee » 08 Apr 2021, 08:54

I'm also a season ticket holder and have been a regular Hive member since the move. But this week I've had to choose a time slot for when my daughter's beloved climbing club resumes after lockdown. It used to be Sunday mornings. Now it's Saturday afternoons – in Milton Keynes. We have one car and live 40 mins from the Hive. In years gone by I would have moved heaven and Earth to try and keep that Saturday window open for football. The impact of all this is that for this coming year at least I just cannot justify it.
gafferbee

Postby ricardobee » 08 Apr 2021, 09:53

Before reading this statement by the owner, I thought there might be an apology forthcoming, but as usual he didn't let me down. A lot of regurgitated stuff, 'not me mate, it's all that lot to blame'. The National League, the government, the pandemic, injuries, poor managers, poor players all to blame. Not me.
I find the paragraphs regarding fans quite mystifying: 'Just because they attended Underhill ten or more years ago think they have the right to abuse the good name of Barnet FC, the players, staff and management . . .'
I have to say I don't think I've ever read on here anybody abusing Barnet FC, we are proud to be fans of this club. As for players and management, unfortunately it goes with the territory, if the team plays shit football and is bottom of the league expect abuse whether you are a player or manager/coach. Only two owners have received abuse and well deserved. Not sure I've ever seen staff getting abuse, they are not at the club long enough.
Then we go on to the 'twittering idiots whose sole intent is to reinvent the past and try to divide us.' Reinvent what past? The past since he took over from David Buchlar (that ghost figure, some would like to forget), the promises made about moving from Underhill? the revolving door of managers/coaches? There is enough old fans on here who are quick to put in place those who make errors about history. (Even I have had my legs smacked). So what past is being reinvented?
And then we get to those 'keyboard moaners', so what have 30+ years brought us, nearly 50 changes of managers/coaches, maybe three or four of them being decent, two/three decent, successful seasons. A lot of crap seasons, a lot of crap players culminating finishing virtually bottom of this league.
And he doesn't think we've the right to question his honesty, integrity or passion for this club. Really?
ricardobee

Postby rudebwoyben » 08 Apr 2021, 10:10

I just have to echo what other people have said about the tone of TK’s answers. I’m probably quite similar to John Cosgrove in my opinion of TK as well, but the guy doesn’t help himself here. There is no real acknowledgment of how disastrous this season has been, the worst season any one of us has experienced in supporting our club. This is not merely a bad season that has to be endured. This is a season that is really trying the elasticity and endurance of anyone’s support for the club. It will take a huge amount of work and goodwill to restore this.
rudebwoyben

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 08 Apr 2021, 10:49

I'm a season ticket holder at present. I won't be next season.
I've supported the club for 32 years. I've been mascot. I love the club.
I have always taken a fairly balanced view on things. Its easy to forget that players, managers and owners (and of course fans) are people going about their lives and will make mistakes, as we all do. Therefore I've always held back from being too critical, even when people haven't learned from their mistakes. Playing football, managing people, owning businesses, these things aren't as straightforward in reality as sometimes we like to think.
I have often thought that the stance taken by some fans on some platforms against some people involved with the club has been extreme, and I haven't agreed on many occasions. But I've not got involved.
But right now I think they have every right to be uncomplimentary and personal about TK. How dare he take on the fans like that. A week ago I laughed at the idea of anti TK protests, TK out banners and boycotting games, even if there may have been decisions made that I disagreed with. But now I think he deserves everything he gets.
A piece of paper somewhere might say this is TKs club, but it isn't, it's ours. I think TK might just get the passion and unity back amongst the fan base, current and lapsed. The problem for him might be that they come together against him, and if they do then it's his own doing.
I'd say he owes the fans an apology, amongst other things!
BeeBoi1980

Postby gafferbee » 08 Apr 2021, 12:21

Well, it's a good job any footballers we are likely to employ next season are now used to playing without fans to cheer them on.
gafferbee

Postby barnetjohn » 08 Apr 2021, 12:52

It is really striking to read the posts on this thread. To see how many people who were previously supportive of TK are now angry, and to read stories of long standing fans who are not planning to renew season tickets. I hope TK reads this thread and changes tack before it's too late. He reallly needs to understand that the discontent amongst Barnet fans is widespread and deep. This isia handful of "twittering idiots" or a few disgruntled people who stopped watching years ago. This is the core remaining fan base speaking. I hope TK or someone around him has the sense to realise how serious the situation is.
barnetjohn

Postby genevabee » 08 Apr 2021, 14:39

I'm taking Twittering Idiot as a badge of pride.

After thirty years of following the Bees my expectations are not remotely elevated.

[*] We've never kicked on in League 2 and I've accepted that our natural level is pushing for the play-offs in the NL. As long as we get an exciting and hopeful end of the season, I'm happy enough.

[*] I expect to see the players put in a shift and show a bit of passion. I've said on here often enough that although 1993-94 was catastrophic, I never criticised any of the players

[*] I want to see attacking, engaging football. Maybe I'm a bit Barry Fry but I'd rather lose 4-2 with a bit of attacking verve than 2-0 having not managed a shot on target.

My case is slightly exceptional because when I am free to travel it costs me around €400 to fly in and out and go to a game and whatever. And in the past I've been very happy to do it. But now? Not the remotest chance.
genevabee

Postby pletch99 » 08 Apr 2021, 15:41

Somehow Geneva, I don't think you were who TK had in mind. Unless you more of an idiot on twitter than you are normally? :D I don't follow you on Twitter......
pletch99

Postby Sam_BFC » 08 Apr 2021, 16:13

Mr Smart wrote:When Iain and I started Beespod we were definitely pro TK but sadly that has changed the more we learned about the experiences of ex players and coaches. We’ve constructively criticised TK in recent years because we want Barnet to be the place players and coaches really want to come to and not be a last chance saloon when they can’t find another club.

These stories obviously don't come from nowhere, and as fans we would be burying our head in the sand if we were not somewhat concerned by them.

However it is also the case that there are at least two sides to every story and football can be a dirty game (and I don't mean on the pitch).

As for Barnet being a last chance saloon, we should note that up until the onset of the pandemic, we were signing some of the most highly rated players for National League level.
Sam_BFC

Postby shankbee01 » 08 Apr 2021, 16:20

genevabee wrote:I'm taking Twittering Idiot as a badge of pride.

After thirty years of following the Bees my expectations are not remotely elevated.

[*] We've never kicked on in League 2 and I've accepted that our natural level is pushing for the play-offs in the NL. As long as we get an exciting and hopeful end of the season, I'm happy enough.

[*] I expect to see the players put in a shift and show a bit of passion. I've said on here often enough that although 1993-94 was catastrophic, I never criticised any of the players

[*] I want to see attacking, engaging football. Maybe I'm a bit Barry Fry but I'd rather lose 4-2 with a bit of attacking verve than 2-0 having not managed a shot on target.

My case is slightly exceptional because when I am free to travel it costs me around €400 to fly in and out and go to a game and whatever. And in the past I've been very happy to do it. But now? Not the remotest chance.
I very much doubt it was aimed at you.

Some of the stuff I’ve personally deleted off this forum has been entirely unacceptable regardless of ones thoughts on TK or the club. I suspect it’s these types of comments they are referencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shankbee01

Postby EZEB » 08 Apr 2021, 16:33

It's all so desperately sad. Nobody ever supported Barnet for the glory, but at least it was a bit of fun and there was a personal connection- I remember meeting up with players like Sam Stockley after games and enjoying it. I feel sorry for the lads, they must have the weight of the world on their shoulders; it's hard enough being a fan.
EZEB

Postby genevabee » 08 Apr 2021, 16:51

pletch99 wrote:Somehow Geneva, I don't think you were who TK had in mind. Unless you more of an idiot on twitter than you are normally? :D I don't follow you on Twitter......

Oh, I'm a complete dumbass on all social media.
genevabee

Postby talldarkslim » 08 Apr 2021, 20:29

I have had a season ticket since 1989 and would never dream of missing a home match. I expect my club to have ambition and seek to improve each season. It is not that long ago that we were playing the likes of cardiff swansea fulham wycombe luton to name but a few. This is the end for me and good luck to all the supporters that continue to attend. To me the club has become a complete embarrassment.
talldarkslim

Postby shankbee01 » 08 Apr 2021, 20:34

talldarkslim wrote:I have had a season ticket since 1989 and would never dream of missing a home match. I expect my club to have ambition and seek to improve each season. It is not that long ago that we were playing the likes of cardiff swansea fulham wycombe luton to name but a few. This is the end for me and good luck to all the supporters that continue to attend. To me the club has become a complete embarrassment.
What if we get promoted next season and Fulham are in League 1? In theory we could overtake them in 2 new seasons time. Would you come back then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shankbee01

Postby underhillbovrilstink » 08 Apr 2021, 20:47

Another own goal by the bull headed TK and another wave of present/past/casual fans alienated.

Amazing that some of our old NL rivals Stevenage, Accrington, Barrow, Morecambe, Burton, Crawley, and Forest Green have consistently outperformed Barnet for 10+ years now. TK have any thoughts on that or should we not compare ourselves to them?
underhillbovrilstink

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat