Contracted for next season?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ETBee

Re: Contracted for next season?

Mr Smart wrote:
MCB wrote:Absolutely hope we see Beard next season.
I've been told by somebody close to Beard's family that it looks like he had already spoken to Sutton about playing there next season before he joined us. He came to us to stay fit. Let's hope Bassey's impressed and he'll stay.
If that's true I suspect he's not going to prefer us to Sutton, even if they miss out on promotion this sesson. Better to join a team who are estabished and playing well than one that is currently a semi basket case and can only offer hope plus a coach who looks as though he knows what he's doing. But Sutton may not wish to sign him........
letchbee94

tonbridgebee wrote:Daly is under contract for next season
With better players around him he could well turn out to be a fans favourite next season.
beew

Mr Smart wrote:
MCB wrote:Absolutely hope we see Beard next season.
I've been told by somebody close to Beard's family that it looks like he had already spoken to Sutton about playing there next season before he joined us. He came to us to stay fit. Let's hope Bassey's impressed and he'll stay.
He is a player we need to definitely sign. There’s no surprise that with him and Millwall Sam coming into the squad we’ve started to turn things around. Both are quality, and I hope they’ll both be involved next season.
DSM

#Beebot wrote:The only player currently contracted who I think might be doing enough to earn himself a new deal is Preston.

I like Vaughan and Daly but they might be too old for new deals now (although Daly may already be contracted).

I still cannot see why any of Loach, Taylor, EMC or Wes would want to stay at this point.

Kefalas, Beard and Skeffington might be worth trying to get in for next season.

Hopefully if we have options on H, EMC etc we will take them up. Think Vaughan is worth a years contract.

Would hope that even if Sutton are eying up Beard the fact that he’s come to us and not them to keep fit shows it’s not a done deal.

Walker situation is strange, has he genuinely been injured the whole season and why no update now
Churchill

As I've mentioned before Dorking Wanderers are my local team and I've seen enough of Sam Beard to suggest we should push the boat out to get him and hopefully the Simon Bassey links with ex AFC Wimbledon players at Dorking Wanderers, plus his father Mark Beard, might swing it.

That said, there are links between Sutton and Dorking and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes there if they want him.
lm1589

I noticed from the Boreham Wood programme that their squad is very small, but it’s packed with players who’ve been successful at this level. In other words, the sort of ‘high on quality, low on numbers’ squad often talked about on here.

What?!
Not go for our tried and tested 'bargain basement late in pre season squad' then 'panic signing until bloated to 40+ players by January' model?!
MCB

Anyone know what happened to Shaq at Bwood?
#Beebot

MCB wrote:Anyone know what happened to Shaq at Bwood?
Currently injured and when fit he's behind every other striker they have. Tshimanga, Whitely, Rhead, Morias, Marsh all preferred to him.
MCB

#Beebot wrote:
MCB wrote:Anyone know what happened to Shaq at Bwood?
Currently injured and when fit he's behind every other striker they have. Tshimanga, Whitely, Rhead, Morias, Marsh all preferred to him.
Poor bugger, he just never seems to get a break.