New signings.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pgbee

Re: New signings.

Tuesds wrote:
Ajtheone04 wrote:Would've liked to see someone in this week just to raise morale and gain us some hype but if there wasn't a player ready then I guess we'll just have to wait until we find someone we like.
and I expect we’ll largely be the same.
Not sure I expect anything from BFC anymore, apart from the unexpected....
dawat

pgbee wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Ajtheone04 wrote:Would've liked to see someone in this week just to raise morale and gain us some hype but if there wasn't a player ready then I guess we'll just have to wait until we find someone we like.
They say you should always expect the unexpected, but then surely it becomes expected! :?:
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

dawat wrote:
pgbee wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
They say you should always expect the unexpected, but then surely it becomes expected! :?:
I didn’t expect that.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Beesting

Josh Doherty could be a possibility incoming left back released from Crawley. He was in the Watford youth set up when Kewell was in charge, Kewell then signed him for Crawley.
DSM

Still hoping we announce Beard and Skeff on 1 July. If we continue to only announce signings when players contracts have run down the only one we may hear next week is Adeloye if HK fancies him given he’s out of contract.

Torn on Simeon, if fully fit 100% worth having but is injury prone.
X-Bumble

beew wrote:We have a new management squad, so a week in, when are we likely to see our first signing announced? Asking for a friend!
Ronaldo can't sign until the Euro's are over, so we won't see any action until then.
Anthony

Tomi Adeloye has just dropped a fairly big hint on twitter that he is coming back next season
X-Bumble

Anthony wrote:Tomi Adeloye has just dropped a fairly big hint on twitter that he is coming back next season
I really, really hope he is. I couldn't understand why he was let go.

I wonder if he wanted out, but now has had a change of heart. Was there any clue from him?
DSM

X-Bumble wrote:
Anthony wrote:Tomi Adeloye has just dropped a fairly big hint on twitter that he is coming back next season
I really, really hope he is. I couldn't understand why he was let go.

I wonder if he wanted out, but now has had a change of heart. Was there any clue from him?

I think the club didn’t want to commit to signing any additional players until a new manager was found. Don’t think it’s him having a change of heart
John Hunt

It is too early to worry about new signings. This season only finishes for our division once the play-offs are over.

With Kewell and Brennan in post it is a good sign that we should be able to get our business done earlier.

However this do pick up pace the closer you get to the start of the season as all involved naturally play their cards close to their chest and try to get the best for themselves.

We have a major overhaul needed to get us challenging so it is going to make for an interesting summer.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
jerroll

John Hunt wrote:It is too early to worry about new signings. This season only finishes for our division once the play-offs are over.

With Kewell and Brennan in post it is a good sign that we should be able to get our business done earlier.

However this do pick up pace the closer you get to the start of the season as all involved naturally play their cards close to their chest and try to get the best for themselves.

We have a major overhaul needed to get us challenging so it is going to make for an interesting summer.
its never too early to sign players, John Akinde signed on the Saturday of the 2nd may bank holiday weekend back in 2014 thus sending out a statement of intent to our fans and other clubs!
becbee

Yes, John Akinde signed early, as did Scott Loach for Chesterfield. But they are the exception to the rule - good players who get an offer that they know is right for them and they don't want to miss out on. In most cases, decent players can afford to hedge their bets and let their agents negociate the best deal.
Norfolkbee

I have the distinct impression that,when signings are finally announced, we fans will scrutinise and dissect them like never before. Prepare for some very long threads on here.
adher36

Norfolkbee wrote:I have the distinct impression that,when signings are finally announced, we fans will scrutinise and dissect them like never before. Prepare for some very long threads on here.
Our managerial appointment hardly got a long thread (most posts were interesting but totally irrelevant.) I think there's so much apathy towards the club after last year's shambles, that many have stopped caring enough to comment or get too worked up about the situation. What will be will be.
Norfolkbee

adher36 wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:I have the distinct impression that,when signings are finally announced, we fans will scrutinise and dissect them like never before. Prepare for some very long threads on here.
Our managerial appointment hardly got a long thread (most posts were interesting but totally irrelevant.) I think there's so much apathy towards the club after last year's shambles, that many have stopped caring enough to comment or get too worked up about the situation. What will be will be.
I wouldn't be so sure after the remarks of our esteemed chairman, who is undoubtedly drinking in the last chance saloon. It is now "money where mouth is" time for TK.