Sutton (Farnborough) The Match Thread Making Sutton Moves

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Sutton (Farnborough) The Match Thread Making Sutton Move

Absolutely loads of match photos on the Sutton United Fans Forum.
I lost count of the numbers showing shirt-pulling.
Roy57

LoringBee wrote:Not sure what is going on but no pre-match and seemingly no post-match interview with HK, which I don’t like. Currie recognised the importance of communicating with supporters and making them feel involved and it made a huge difference. We’ve only had 3 short interviews in the 7.5 weeks since HK joined and still nothing with Brennan. Not sure what this is down to but I hope it’s only a temporary thing - you only have to look at most other clubs’ websites to see how far we fall short in comparison when it comes to communications.
As it's pre season don't over mind regarding pre match and post match interviews. But agree that when season starts supporters being kept in the loop needs to be far better. Must say I was expecting a interview by now from Brennan. But as we don't know the reason for there not being one supporters will start coming up with there own reasons why. Such as Brennan does not want to be interviewed. He feels supporters don't need to hear from him etc.
We are aware that we now possibly need two keepers. Midfield general. Winger and top striker but after TK has laid out a lot of money on wages for back room staff I wonder how many penny's are left in TK piggy bank.
WhetstoneBee

Not sure why it’s “snotty” to suggest that we might expect the level of communication that many other clubs manage. Adam has done a very good job in difficult circumstances - no blame at all there - but the quality of communication for many years, with the exception of Darren Currie’s significant efforts, have not been what they could be. Lots of clubs at our level have very regular in-depth interviews with the management team and various players, plus all sorts of news updates through the week. Oh well let’s see what happens when the season starts.
KneesBees99

I think the fuss about communication is a bit much. Each manager will have a preference on transparency and we need to respect that. In fact, we should be grateful for any communication besides a post match interview. Let Kewell/Brennan do their jobs, and us get behind the lads for the season. It’s going to be better than any of us expect…
#Beebot

I have no problem with the communication levels at the moment, but I'm kinda curious about what Brennan is doing. I thought he was brought in to lead on transfers, but nearly every signing we've made is someone Kewell has worked with before.
KneesBees99

#Beebot wrote:I have no problem with the communication levels at the moment, but I'm kinda curious about what Brennan is doing. I thought he was brought in to lead on transfers, but nearly every signing we've made is someone Kewell has worked with before.
That’s not strictly true. Askew, Greenidge, Widdowson, Thomas, Brundle, Flanagan, Bloomfield and Marriott haven’t worked under Kewell
#Beebot

Spodothebee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I have no problem with the communication levels at the moment, but I'm kinda curious about what Brennan is doing. I thought he was brought in to lead on transfers, but nearly every signing we've made is someone Kewell has worked with before.
That’s not strictly true. Askew, Greenidge, Widdowson, Thomas, Brundle, Flanagan, Bloomfield and Marriott haven’t worked under Kewell
Bloomfield has but point taken. But of those only Askew has worked with Brennan before and 2 of our current trialists have worked with Kewell previously.
KneesBees99

#Beebot wrote:
Spodothebee wrote:
Bloomfield has but point taken. But of those only Askew has worked with Brennan before and 2 of our current trialists have worked with Kewell previously.
When? Bloomfield arrived at Crawley a season after Kewell left. I can’t see any other crossover
ninestein

Interview with Kewell up on the main site now.
Same day as the match... just saying...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
PBBee

Embarrassing having to borrow their keeper - although doesn’t seem like many wanted Askew as our number so weirdly no great miss?
KneesBees99

PBBee wrote:Embarrassing having to borrow their keeper - although doesn’t seem like many wanted Askew as our number so weirdly no great miss?
It absolutely isn’t. It’s well known we are in the market for a keeper anyway but giving Askew a chance in a PSF is also a good idea- the injury was a complete freak
amberforever

PBBee wrote:Embarrassing having to borrow their keeper - although doesn’t seem like many wanted Askew as our number so weirdly no great miss?
There’s an element of humour in this.
I’ve heard about the betting companies describe “responsible gambling”
Surely this would be responsible match fixing. !?
Tuesds

It’s a miss in that if we have to fork out for another two keepers rather than one, that’s a wedge from the budget that we could otherwise have spent on much-needed outfield players.
Last edited by Tuesds on 31 Jul 2021, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Tuesds

#Beebot wrote:
Spodothebee wrote:
Brundle played for Brennan on loan at Hemel Hempstead, where Reiss Greenidge had three loan spells under Brennan.

I don’t mention them to defend, nor to damn, Brennan. Personally I am pretty unenthused by our recruitment so far, to say the least. however the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
letchbee94

Nice little move for our goal, Marriott will hopefully get us 15 plus goals this season