Protest.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Protest.

Lord Bee wrote:Well done to the SA for getting things moving.I’m a member and I look forward to receiving the notes from the meeting with TK. I can’t seem to post on the BFCSA page but out of interest how many members have we got. Personally I’d urge everyone who hasn’t already to join:

http://www.bfcsa1926.com/

It’s free!
Last update I saw was around 260 odd.
Tynant14

I read with interest the report of the meeting of the SA and TK. One point that stood out was that the SA supported the idea of giving tickets to schools. A great idea! This has actually started ,with members of the Walking Football Team acting a Brand Ambassadors and attending the schools mentioned with players. We hold Q+A sesions together with some football activites. Each school wiil receive a number of tickets for children and teachers. The old men are in front again.
MCB

rudebwoyben wrote:
Lord Bee wrote:Well done to the SA for getting things moving.I’m a member and I look forward to receiving the notes from the meeting with TK. I can’t seem to post on the BFCSA page but out of interest how many members have we got. Personally I’d urge everyone who hasn’t already to join:

http://www.bfcsa1926.com/

It’s free!
Last update I saw was around 260 odd.
315 currently.

And judging by some of the messages received quite a few more who aren't members as they didn't click the email they need to confirm subscription (this prevents people signing up people erroneously but often ends up missed in Spam)
hoppy

Re the bit about the South Stand being moved to the new pitches behind the North Stand, I'm all for that but I thought we were donating it to Woekdstone.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:Re the bit about the South Stand being moved to the new pitches behind the North Stand, I'm all for that but I thought we were donating it to Woekdstone.
That was previously suggested as happening.
Tuesds

Tynant14 wrote:I read with interest the report of the meeting of the SA and TK. One point that stood out was that the SA supported the idea of giving tickets to schools. A great idea! This has actually started ,with members of the Walking Football Team acting a Brand Ambassadors and attending the schools mentioned with players. We hold Q+A sesions together with some football activites. Each school wiil receive a number of tickets for children and teachers. The old men are in front again.
Good to hear - well done to the walking footballers for volunteering and helping to enable these events to happen.
alexbach

Thanks for the notes Mark, Carla and the others

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
hoppy

hoppy wrote:If the main TV cameras are in the main stand the ground us going to look very empty regardless how many Bees fans turn up. No fans in the South Terrace, no fans in the Family Stand and, in view of the 5.20pm kick off and the very fact the game is televised, probably fewer than usual of Aldershot fans.
This game takes place on 30th October. On the same day Leyton Orient play Hartlepool and the O's are offering Football for a Fiver for this game. TK must surely come up with a similar offer to persuade us fans to attend The Hive for this televised game.
Yesterday Leyton Orient's Football for a Fiver promotion was rewarded with their highest league attendance of the season, over 6200. This was some 400 higher than their previous best and some 1400 higher than their season's average.
Orient started publicising thus deal back in mid September. Wealdstone came out with a similar deal for their mid-week televised game against Solihull Moors. Their reward was a gate of around 1500. It seems that they did a really good job in trying to get a big crowd in for that game.

My post of 19th September (above) was pretty much on the mark. TV viewers saw empty seats to the left, to the right and in front of them.
That gave a dreadful advertisement for our Club.
The declared attendance of 1336, if correct, was OK considering the 5.20pm kick off, the Spurs v Man U also on the box and the small (by their standards) number of Aldeeshot fans.

For future televised games can I suggest the Club (a) ensures freeby and other incentives BUT promotes these deals MUCH earlier, (b) puts the away fans further along in the North Stand so they are seen by the cameras, (c) if work hasn't started on the South Stand open the terrace, and (d) open the Family Stand.
Of course the other alternative would be to build a TV gantry somewhere on the East Stand.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:
hoppy wrote:If the main TV cameras are in the main stand the ground us going to look very empty regardless how many Bees fans turn up. No fans in the South Terrace, no fans in the Family Stand and, in view of the 5.20pm kick off and the very fact the game is televised, probably fewer than usual of Aldershot fans.
This game takes place on 30th October. On the same day Leyton Orient play Hartlepool and the O's are offering Football for a Fiver for this game. TK must surely come up with a similar offer to persuade us fans to attend The Hive for this televised game.
Yesterday Leyton Orient's Football for a Fiver promotion was rewarded with their highest league attendance of the season, over 6200. This was some 400 higher than their previous best and some 1400 higher than their season's average.
Orient started publicising thus deal back in mid September. Wealdstone came out with a similar deal for their mid-week televised game against Solihull Moors. Their reward was a gate of around 1500. It seems that they did a really good job in trying to get a big crowd in for that game.

My post of 19th September (above) was pretty much on the mark. TV viewers saw empty seats to the left, to the right and in front of them.
That gave a dreadful advertisement for our Club.
The declared attendance of 1336, if correct, was OK considering the 5.20pm kick off, the Spurs v Man U also on the box and the small (by their standards) number of Aldeeshot fans.

For future televised games can I suggest the Club (a) ensures freeby and other incentives BUT promotes these deals MUCH earlier, (b) puts the away fans further along in the North Stand so they are seen by the cameras, (c) if work hasn't started on the South Stand open the terrace, and (d) open the Family Stand.
Of course the other alternative would be to build a TV gantry somewhere on the East Stand.
opening the terrace might not be as simple as that, if the club had no intention of using it all season it may not have a safety certificate to allow it to open!
MCB

The terracing has had plumbing and electricity taken out and cannot be re-opened :sad: :sad:

But yes to giving it more time and all the other incentives in place.
becbee

MCB wrote:The terracing has had plumbing and electricity taken out and cannot be re-opened :sad: :sad:

Wonder why that was done?

Just as well we didn't progress in the F A Cup after all then!
MCB

becbee wrote:
MCB wrote:The terracing has had plumbing and electricity taken out and cannot be re-opened :sad: :sad:

The terrace was supposed to be taken down and moved last summer so all the prep was done, but a few issues holding up the main removal.
PBBee

MCB wrote:
becbee wrote:

The terrace was supposed to be taken down and moved last summer so all the prep was done, but a few issues holding up the main removal.
Is it actually moving to the training pitches?
Mem Beespod

Yes it is. There will be a new stand in it's place but the hold up has come from the council wanting some additional submissions related to where the terrace is being moved to.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Roy57

DerekRocholl wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:
DerekRocholl wrote:Tbh there are so many things we should and could protest about in this shambles of a country at the moment there isn’t enough time to bother about the travails of Barnet FC.
This is a forum about Barnet FC, Derek.
Jog on to the Graudian if you need to get something off your chest.
Barnet FC doesn’t exist in a vacuum, if you think the poor performance of the team is worth protesting about while the country being trashed by a bunch of lying thieves isn’t you need to sort your priorities out.
BTW I don’t read the Grauniad or the Daily Heil.
Many many football supporters go to watch games to get away from problems and issues that are going on. Be it country issues. Bills at home. And many issues that for a couple of hours many try and get away from. I never have any belief in any goverment. Give 2th one hand and take bigger with the other. And as already stated this is a football forum. And should remain just a football forum.