Aldershot and Fylde

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetjohn

Re: Aldershot and Fylde

becbee wrote:Just as long as September is a one off. I am hopeful that our home match v Woking on 12th October will go ahead as scheduled.
Given that the of likely players involved in call ups, only one has played this season, I think the invoking of the right to postpone is basically because DC doesn't want to lose Jack at a time when the squad is depleted. So assuming other players come back to fitness, I think we are unlikely to want to pull the same ruse again, because postponing does come at a cost of building up fixture congestion, especially when we start September two games behind already. That said, if ever we have an injury situation (re-)emerging, I imagine the club will use international call-ups as an excuse to postpone a match whilst the squad is depleted.
pgbee

The fixture pileup is easily averted by getting dumped out of the Cup and Trophy early. Not that we'd ever throw games of course.
Bee_Forever

Ok. I've calmed down now.

Club have once again hurt me as a loyal supporter. They clearly consider abusing the rules for their own competitive advantage more important than the support who sponsor them pay their season tickets and follow them all over the country.

Another unnecessarily but cynical postponement endorsed by those who want to watch Dan Swweney take to the field at Fylde via I follow.

Those who use the Bury situation to downplay this can stick their opinions where the sun don't shine.

Kindest regards

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Mikel Bee

Bee_Forever wrote:abusing the rules for their own competitive advantage
Making use of the rules so we aren't at a disadvantage on the field. Like any other club who postpones games because their team is weakened by international call ups. :?:

Is it worth reminding you we'd have lost to Chesterfield recently without Taylor's goal? If DC wants to play these games with his 2nd keeper on the bench, surely that's his prerogative?
BoingBoingDazzleArmy

Bee_Forever wrote:Ok. I've calmed down now.

Club have once again hurt me as a loyal supporter. They clearly consider abusing the rules for their own competitive advantage more important than the support who sponsor them pay their season tickets and follow them all over the country.

Another unnecessarily but cynical postponement endorsed by those who want to watch Dan Swweney take to the field at Fylde via I follow.

Those who use the Bury situation to downplay this can stick their opinions where the sun don't shine.

Kindest regards

I would rather us have a few players back and win tbh...
LoudmouthBFC

BoingBoingDazzleArmy wrote:

Kindest regards

I would rather us have a few players back and win tbh...

Buys your brother a bit more time.......
BeeDeceived

Kindest regards

Can't watch games in this league on iFollow ;)
Roy57

If supporters hadnt paid for travel then surely most supporters would Rather lay out the cost of travel and ticket ETC knowing important players who are out injured hopefully will be back along with at present one if not our best player Jack Taylor available. With the small amount of supporters who have already paid for travel surely the club can and should reimbursed these supporters. Other clubs have in last used situations if it helps there club so why shouldn't we.
StephenM

Any game at any point in the season is arranged, subject to change. Anyone with any knowledge of football fixtures should know that, booking travel, accommodation ahead of time etc is always going to have a bit of risk associated with it. Still, wouldn't be this forum without things to complain about.
Bee_Forever

I can accept games get moved for TV but if you are expecting that I will check the international fixture calendar for barnet fixture clashes when we have one first teamer with international honours then you are awarding me Yoda like status.

This was unforeseen and unjustified and while it benefits the club to move the fixture they seem to have ignored the impact on their own supporters.

John_c

Bee_Forever wrote:I can accept games get moved for TV but if you are expecting that I will check the international fixture calendar for barnet fixture clashes when we have one first teamer with international honours then you are awarding me Yoda like status.

This was unforeseen and unjustified and while it benefits the club to move the fixture they seem to have ignored the impact on their own supporters.

From the other point of view. Did you expect the club to check this with you first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
barnetjohn

Still no reply from the club 3 days after I emailed them to ask about refunds for those who had booked travel. Or any other communication about who's been called up apart from Jack. Or even just acknowledging the inconvenience it might cause.

The club isn't doing itself any favours on the comms front here.
pgbee

barnetjohn wrote:Still no reply from the club 3 days after I emailed them to ask about refunds for those who had booked travel. Or any other communication about who's been called up apart from Jack. Or even just acknowledging the inconvenience it might cause.

The club isn't doing itself any favours on the comms front here.
And that surprises you?
#Beebot

Fylde rearranged for October 1st, 7:45
barnetjohn

Club have announced new date, 1st of October, with another rather terse announcement on the club website.

Would have been a good opportunity to recognise and apologise for any inconvenience to fans and make a goodwill gesture to those who had booked travel tickets.

Still no word on who the other two players called up are. Maybe those squads haven't been publically announced yet. Though presumably countries have to do this soon given that the window is almost upon us.
Last edited by barnetjohn on 30 Aug 2019, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.