Aldershot and Fylde

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Re: Aldershot and Fylde

Attached makes it clear it was our call.

If Harry Taylor has been called up then it is marginally more understandable but it still stinks in my view.

Club can't keep doing this and expect supporters to put up with it.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
BeeArmy

£50+ lost on train tickets. No apology. Classic Barnet.
#Beebot

Bee_Forever wrote:Attached makes it clear it was our call.

If Harry Taylor has been called up then it is marginally more understandable but it still stinks in my view.

Club can't keep doing this and expect supporters to put up with it.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Can't see why HT would be called up as he's too old for U21s.

Unless there is an England C game most likely is JT + Matrevics + Vasiliou
pgbee

hendon4bee wrote:
Shame to not capitalise on the potential of non league day.
Marketing own goal. Several of my mates with their kids make a point of supporting non league day.

No surprise though.
barnetjohn

Ajtheone04 wrote:I think the travel thing is just unlucky and there's nothing they can do about the notice when the national teams announce the squads as late as they do
But the club can do something about reimbursing fans travel costs. It's totally within their power to compensate those affected.

Playing the Fylde game in midweek saves the club the cost of an overnight hotel stay. That saving alone is likely to more than cover reimbursing pre-booked train tickets for fans. They should do the right thing and reimburse those who are out of pocket.
#Beebot

If JT has been called up this is fair enough. We have injury problems and we can't afford to lose arguably our best player, so if we can postpone we should.

The question is what the club knew - were they expecting 3 call ups or not? They should have expected JT and Matrevics but we don't know if they were told in advance about the other call up (presumably Vasiliou).
Norfolkbee

Did we ever call of games when we lost Charlery and Hackett?
BeeDeceived

barnetjohn wrote:
Ajtheone04 wrote:I think the travel thing is just unlucky and there's nothing they can do about the notice when the national teams announce the squads as late as they do
But the club can do something about reimbursing fans travel costs. It's totally within their power to compensate those affected.

Playing the Fylde game in midweek saves the club the cost of an overnight hotel stay. That saving alone is likely to more than cover reimbursing pre-booked train tickets for fans. They should do the right thing and reimburse those who are out of pocket.
Maybe they should, but literally no other club has ever done this when they’ve had a game postponed due to call ups. It’s just poor luck that it’s one of the longest away trips. No complaints if it’s Daggers or Maidenhead away. Just bad luck.
#Beebot

Norfolkbee wrote:Did we ever call of games when we lost Charlery and Hackett?
You need 3 minimum or the league will refuse permission.
HertsBee

I bet TK is delighted to get the Fylde game midweek. All that money saved on Hotel accommodation can go straight back into his bank account. He never has had a care for Barnet fans travelling away, as he once told me that he would prefer them not to give money to our League rivals but to spend it at his gaff.
John_c

edgeog wrote:I bet TK is delighted to get the Fylde game midweek. All that money saved on Hotel accommodation can go straight back into his bank account. He never has had a care for Barnet fans travelling away, as he once told me that he would prefer them not to give money to our League rivals but to spend it at his gaff.
Do you mean his personal bank account? Think he might have an issue with the accountants on that to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
letchbee94

I do wonder that had we of got of to a slightly better start to the season and found ourselves top of the league would this decision still have been made??

Anyway no point moaning about it as.... well it wont make any difference will it.
becbee

I can see the advantages to the team in our current injury situation in defence to have the two matches postponed and a free week for recovery. It also suits me personally not to have a home match next Tuesday as I have a very early start to the next day and I haven't made any plans re Fylde. But that's not the point. We had enough problems with fitting in our backlog of league fixtures last season which in part was due to postponing midweek matches prior to FA Cup ties. Why risk similar this season? Two postponed matches by 7th September is not good, if we do the same every time there's international matches we really do risk a backlog ( let alone if we repeat the cup runs!).

DC talks about valuing the fans. This isn't showing them any consideration at all.

Jack Taylor is obviously a good player but to get matches postponed just because he ( and a couple of subs) are unavailable is really not on. Ok so it's happened this time - but please Barnet, don't do it again 12th October, etc.
barnetjohn

becbee wrote: DC talks about valuing the fans. This isn't showing them any consideration at all.
This, this and thrice this.

Much like the Halifax debacle last season, the damage to rapport with fans could have been largely avoided by apologising for the hassle and by agreeing to refund fans who'd booked travel. A little bit of consideration could go a long way here.
rudebwoyben

letchbee94 wrote:I do wonder that had we of got of to a slightly better start to the season and found ourselves top of the league would this decision still have been made??

Anyway no point moaning about it as.... well it wont make any difference will it.
We’re going to be well-off the pace come 14th September. People are saying that the break may revitalise the squad but having a fortnight break a month into the season could severely disrupt our rhythm.
And yes, I’d imagine there were some fans who had booked trains and accommodation to Fylde, most probably the sort of fans who try to make it to every match, the sort of fans that a club should value.