Edgar Davids Debut

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Re: Edgar Davids Debut

Josh SKywalker wrote:Glad you asked, Friend.

Wasn't just results, but that didn't help as he got us relegated and we deserved it, then proceeded to make us an average National League side. I take someone's point about improving players, but he improved them technically and not tactically...which is useless unless you're winning more than you're losing.

If Mark Robson stayed on and wasn't undermined, he probably would of got us relegated...same as Davids did.

Now I would honestly rather have Beadle, Robson, McGhee, Westley any day then some primadonna arsehole that didn't show up to away games, watched training from his car and forearm smashed another footballer (on live TV no less!).

The guy was dogshit as a player as well & had the cheek to think he was better than League 2 level, can't believe he played as a forward a few times.
I see you on every thread and I do not think I have ever seen a reasonable post from you. Cuckoo land springs to mind
rudebwoyben

WillesdenBee wrote:

Wasn't just results, but that didn't help as he got us relegated and we deserved it, then proceeded to make us an average National League side. I take someone's point about improving players, but he improved them technically and not tactically...which is useless unless you're winning more than you're losing.

If Mark Robson stayed on and wasn't undermined, he probably would of got us relegated...same as Davids did.

Now I would honestly rather have Beadle, Robson, McGhee, Westley any day then some primadonna arsehole that didn't show up to away games, watched training from his car and forearm smashed another footballer (on live TV no less!).

The guy was dogshit as a player as well & had the cheek to think he was better than League 2 level, can't believe he played as a forward a few times.
I see you on every thread and I do not think I have ever seen a reasonable post from you. Cuckoo land springs to mind
Glad to see that I’m not the only person who thinks that!
Patel89

Mcghee and Westley better than Davids this did make me laugh

Two of the worst people ever to manage our football club - Davids eccentric YES a PR stunt YES but he was unlucky to take us down on 51 points and he will always deserve respect for the career he had unreal and I doubt many people could say with a straight face they were not excited when the news broke about him being at Barnet!!
TorME

rudebwoyben wrote:
WillesdenBee wrote:

Glad to see that I’m not the only person who thinks that!
Add me to that list!
barnetpete

Still love the fact Davids managed and played for our football club. Ok went a bit sour at the end but wouldn’t take back the first season, we came so close to surviving. Yes he came with some eccentric stories but he also improved a lot of players, and gave us some great memories, including all the red cards!

Wish more players would play for smaller clubs at the end of their careers.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
becbee

Also I felt that( initially at first anyway) he took the job very seriously. It was unfortunate that we were relegated under him, his record didn't deserve that. I was surprised that he stuck with us after relegation, managing in NL could never have been on his agenda. Yes, giving himself squad number 1 was arrogant but understandable. Overall good times.
Josh SKywalker

Patel89 wrote:Mcghee and Westley better than Davids this did make me laugh

Two of the worst people ever to manage our football club - Davids eccentric YES a PR stunt YES but he was unlucky to take us down on 51 points and he will always deserve respect for the career he had unreal and I doubt many people could say with a straight face they were not excited when the news broke about him being at Barnet!!
I was more excited about Cottee at the time...David was always a PR stunt.

Once again this isn't purely based on results, this is based on the man being a primadonna and not backing it up with results. At least Westley and co took their job seriously.

I think the majority of you arguing my point have Edgar Davids tinted glasses on for some reason, any regular manager who pulled what he pulled, would have been slaughtered.

I will give him credit for not taking a proper wage, however.
Josh SKywalker

rudebwoyben wrote:

You must be a troll, no one would prefer to have McGhee as manager to Davids. Also, we didn’t deserve to be relegated. Normally 51 points would have seen us well clear.
Much like 1/2 of social media, you're not actually clued in to what a "troll" is. People are allowed different opinions without purposely trying to illicit an argument.

Infact YOU could actually be trolling by suggesting we didn't deserve to go down, when we did, because the table doesn't lie and we capped it off on the last day of the season by not even bothering to show up away to Northampton.
becbee

People are indeed allowed different opinions but there is always something rather suspicious about anybody who repeatedly pedals opinions which are made in the knowledge of being contrary to everybody else's.
genevabee

Someone better informed than me will no doubt correct me, but from memory in the relegation season under Robson we got 3 points from 12 games, while under Davids we got 48 points from 34, which over the whole season would have left us on the fringes of the playoffs. And there was some decent football in there.
MCB

becbee wrote:People are indeed allowed different opinions but there is always something rather suspicious about anybody who repeatedly pedals opinions which are made in the knowledge of being contrary to everybody else's.
And has no idea if The Hive has automatic ticket scanners or not...