Edgar Davids Debut

Probably not worth of a new post but it did make me laugh

Davids sent off on his debut for his new Managerial post at olhanese 0-0 draw
Mikel Bee

Re: Edgar Davids Debut

:laugh:
finchleyman

Apparently he tried to stop a brawl between two hot-headed Portuguese sides in the Third Division. At 47 years of age he should have known better!!
pgbee

finchleyman wrote:Apparently he tried to stop a brawl between two hot-headed Portuguese sides in the Third Division. At 47 years of age he should have known better!!
Maybe he went in to protect the ball.
kingpinfid

Not his fault that other people keep running into his elbow.
Josh SKywalker

didn't wanna start a new thread for this toss pot.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/8370 ... m-bentley/

Is anyone surprised? For me, worse manager in our recent history.
rudebwoyben

Josh SKywalker wrote:didn't wanna start a new thread for this toss pot.

I’m not surprised but he certainly was not the worst manager in our recent history. Far from it.
ninestein

Edgar actually brought us some hope when he arrived. We were very unlucky to go down that season with the amount of points we got. At one stage it felt like there was only 4 points separating about 8 teams at the bottom. It was so tight. Edgar oversaw that final game at Underhill. For that we should always be grateful to him for the way it played out.

The second season may give differing opinions on him. I was surprised he stuck with us in the conference. I still believe to this day that what he did laid some sort of foundation for MA's championship winning side a season later. And his greatest masterstroke of all... he took Luisma on trial and signed him up!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

Edgar Davids got players playing at a level beyond their perceived capability, with very good passing and instilled self belief.
Just think about players like Jack Saville.

From what I saw he also took time to talk to the kids and reserves. It's such as shame that we only drew that game with Dagenham. That was the
one that made the difference. Our first season at the Hive would have been so different if relegation had been avoided.

Perhaps Davids may have stayed a little longer to build a club stucture / blueprint. We'll never know !

He lifted the club when he came in - let's hope Flowers can have an impact too
becbee

Worst manager in our recent history?????? I can think of 5-6 worse just in the last decade.
alexbach

Patel89 wrote:Probably not worth of a new post but it did make me laugh

Davids sent off on his debut for his new Managerial post at olhanese 0-0 draw
Shurely shome mistake?

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
letchbee94

Mark Robson? Peter Beadle?

In what way do you feel he was our worst manager?
Josh SKywalker

Glad you asked, Friend.

Wasn't just results, but that didn't help as he got us relegated and we deserved it, then proceeded to make us an average National League side. I take someone's point about improving players, but he improved them technically and not tactically...which is useless unless you're winning more than you're losing.

If Mark Robson stayed on and wasn't undermined, he probably would of got us relegated...same as Davids did.

Now I would honestly rather have Beadle, Robson, McGhee, Westley any day then some primadonna arsehole that didn't show up to away games, watched training from his car and forearm smashed another footballer (on live TV no less!).

The guy was dogshit as a player as well & had the cheek to think he was better than League 2 level, can't believe he played as a forward a few times.
rudebwoyben

Josh SKywalker wrote:Glad you asked, Friend.

Wasn't just results, but that didn't help as he got us relegated and we deserved it, then proceeded to make us an average National League side. I take someone's point about improving players, but he improved them technically and not tactically...which is useless unless you're winning more than you're losing.

If Mark Robson stayed on and wasn't undermined, he probably would of got us relegated...same as Davids did.

Now I would honestly rather have Beadle, Robson, McGhee, Westley any day then some primadonna arsehole that didn't show up to away games, watched training from his car and forearm smashed another footballer (on live TV no less!).

The guy was dogshit as a player as well & had the cheek to think he was better than League 2 level, can't believe he played as a forward a few times.
You must be a troll, no one would prefer to have McGhee as manager to Davids. Also, we didn’t deserve to be relegated. Normally 51 points would have seen us well clear.