Altrincham next Saturday

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Altrincham next Saturday

ETBee wrote:Football players will be in the last tranche of people to be vaccinated which could be in April or May so could still become infected and result in games being postponed.
The last tranche of vaccinations will happen in late summer most likely, not April or May.
Mattamies

Time to get a striker who can actually put the ball in the back of the net!
dawat

Mattamies wrote:Time to get a striker who can actually put the ball in the back of the net!
I had very high hopes for JJ when he joined us, but something seems to have demotivated him.
letchbee94

Am hoping that Flowers can get the best out of Hooper as he has worked with him before.
becbee

letchbee94 wrote:Am hoping that Flowers can get the best out of Hooper as he has worked with him before.
Flowers was goalkeeping coach at Northampton in 2013 when Hooper joined in July, made 3 appearances then went on loan to Alfreton in the November, that doesn't strike me as "worked with him before". Or have I missed something?
#Beebot

becbee wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:Am hoping that Flowers can get the best out of Hooper as he has worked with him before.
Flowers was goalkeeping coach at Northampton in 2013 when Hooper joined in July, made 3 appearances then went on loan to Alfreton in the November, that doesn't strike me as "worked with him before". Or have I missed something?
Flowers said in his very first interview that he has worked with Hooper before and was familiar with him.
hoppy

Just been on the Alty forum and there's comments relating to how badly their fans were treated by Barnet the last time we played them.
Can anyone remember the facts relating to this? I think the last time we played them was 2014/15 but I stand to be corrected on this.
Seems that we are a "horrible club" and their fans are therefore loathe to pay money to us for the live streaming of the match.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:Just been on the Alty forum and there's comments relating to how badly their fans were treated by Barnet the last time we played them.
Can anyone remember the facts relating to this? I think the last time we played them was 2014/15 but I stand to be corrected on this.
Seems that we are a "horrible club" and their fans are therefore loathe to pay money to us for the live streaming of the match.
Police/stewarding!

yep see my post 6 posts down :-
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8321&start=135
hoppy

jerroll wrote:
hoppy wrote:Just been on the Alty forum and there's comments relating to how badly their fans were treated by Barnet the last time we played them.
Police/stewarding!

Thanks for the link Jerroll.
If it was the Met being over-officious it's a bit unfair to blame our Club. The stewards did have a tendency to be a bit arsy back then, but if it is true that Alty fans were trying to bring alcohol into the ground that is not on, and they know it.
There's always two sides to a story, but too often some people only want to see one side.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Police/stewarding!

Thanks for the link Jerroll.
If it was the Met being over-officious it's a bit unfair to blame our Club. The stewards did have a tendency to be a bit arsy back then, but if it is true that Alty fans were trying to bring alcohol into the ground that is not on, and they know it.
There's always two sides to a story, but too often some people only want to see one side.
There is no defence for that, if they had it in their coaches they should have been turned around and refused entry under ground regs. problem is i guess they got away with such things in NLN and didn't think it would be different.
Reckless

I remember that game. I have a dear friend who was a PC called to the game because of the agg. He told me : The fact that the stewards got a bit nasty was because they were threatened quite aggresively by a couple of fans who had been drinking heavily and making a nuisance of thenselves and this steward snapped and struck out. Shouldn't happen but he is human. All the majority of fans saw was the stewards side of the action. 4 or 5 were found with alcohol on them which is clearly against the rules. The Police dealt with them.
At Crewe one year I rather stupidly pulled out my hip flask during the game because it was bloody cold and offered it to two others who shall not be named and got caught on CCTV. I had to pour the flask down a drain and got off with a warning. I am ashamed to admit it. The stewards were right and I didn't argue or get silly about it.
HertsBee

Reckless wrote:I remember that game. I have a dear friend who was a PC called to the game because of the agg. He told me : The fact that the stewards got a bit nasty was because they were threatened quite aggresively by a couple of fans who had been drinking heavily and making a nuisance of thenselves and this steward snapped and struck out. Shouldn't happen but he is human. All the majority of fans saw was the stewards side of the action. 4 or 5 were found with alcohol on them which is clearly against the rules. The Police dealt with them.
At Crewe one year I rather stupidly pulled out my hip flask during the game because it was bloody cold and offered it to two others who shall not be named and got caught on CCTV. I had to pour the flask down a drain and got off with a warning. I am ashamed to admit it. The stewards were right and I didn't argue or get silly about it.
Reckless by name, Reckless by nature.
letchbee94

#Beebot wrote:
becbee wrote:
Flowers said in his very first interview that he has worked with Hooper before and was familiar with him.
What Beebot said.
Glad someone else said they heard Flowers say it as well.