The chairman has spoken

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: The chairman has spoken

Credit where credit is due and I think the apology was served up with a fair dollop of humble pie. Time to move on.
HertsBee

It's never too late. I have been one of TK's biggest critics but give credit to what he has now done. Let's look forward and this time next year we will be(millionaires) top of the League and all will be forgotten. Onwards and upwards.
chesbee

becbee wrote:I sincerely hope fans will accept this new statement in the spirit in which it's been given and move on from the negativity ( which helps nobody).
Agreed let's move on and look forward
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote:I sincerely hope fans will accept this new statement in the spirit in which it's been given and move on from the negativity ( which helps nobody).

It’s a good statement. It is highly doubtful it would have been made if people hadn’t called him out for the terrible one he made earlier this week.

A large element of what you call negativity is deserved criticism and is more likely to make positive things happen than supine boot licking.
ninestein

Well done TK, let's move on and put this sorry excuse for a season behind us. The preparation for the next one starts now.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
magiovinium_bee

Good statement, much needed. Let's hope the previous statement was the low water mark for the club both in terms of off the field relationships and on the field performances. Onwards and upwards COYBs.
becbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:

It’s a good statement. It is highly doubtful it would have been made if people hadn’t called him out for the terrible one he made earlier this week.

A large element of what you call negativity is deserved criticism and is more likely to make positive things happen than supine boot licking.
I say negativity, you say deserved criticism - let us agree to differ.
I have never licked anybody's boots ( not even figuratively). I simply think differently to you.
fordybarnet

Yes, in a year that none of us have experienced before in life where the love of our team has been
pushed to the limit as well, hopefully next season will be different.
Expect some more defeats this so called 'season' but time to move on after the recent changes and statements.

COYB's Bee Army, Bee Ardley ?
barnetpete

In the past I thought these follow up statements by the Chairman following terrible comms/situations were fairly good, now they do nothing for me. This isn't just about this season on the pitch, it, as addressed in well presented arguments by the likes of BarnetJohn, run much deeper over concerns about the whole culture of the club and the way it is run. As Hiveoccupier best puts it, it is deserved criticism.

Todays open letter rightly addresses Q3, but this only focuses on the badly worded blaming of fans, which has rightly been area of much discussion but in turn means other areas of concern within the statement, such as blaming Currie for it all falling apart last summer or the issue over Furlough had not been the focus of as much discussion. Various blogs and posts have mentioned these issues but I just see that like 'Q3' TK sees everything so so differently to many others.

Add to strong, often fairly well substantiated rumors, around various issues such as treatment of staff, players, injuries, contracts, fans and various other stakeholders and this latest apology is just, in my opinion, trying to close a door after the horse has bolted.

I await the next batch of signs around Barnet.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Norfolkbee

If you want contrition from TK, the new statement is probably about as good as you get. For me, what was significant, is that he has finally described the events of the past season as a "debacle" rather than his previously preferred series of unfortunate mishaps, misfortunes, miscalculations and just bad luck.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 09 Apr 2021, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
finchleyman

The latest statement by TK confirms what I believe about him which is that does have a passion for the Club and he wants to see it succeed and thrive. I believe he has been very naïve (stupid even) and has been led by "football" people who generally talk a good talk but utter a load of twaddle. There are plenty of them out there all trying to get there hands on TK's cash.
Norfolkbee

finchleyman wrote:The latest statement by TK confirms what I believe about him which is that does have a passion for the Club and he wants to see it succeed and thrive. I believe he has been very naïve (stupid even) and has been led by "football" people who generally talk a good talk but utter a load of twaddle. There are plenty of them out there all trying to get there hands on TK's cash.
That seems to contrast with the view that he doesn't listen to "football" people, hence some of his questionable picks as manager.
Mem Beespod

Personally I think there's a nuance to this. I don't think he listens to enough football people with a vested interest in Barnet rather than football people from the outside who have their own interests like his favoured agents. I am very positive about the restructure if it means several football people are scrutinising the football side of the club and he steps back.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Sam_BFC

Certainly there is nuance. I think different "questionable picks" have had different problems.

Mark McGhee - a relatively big name, but poor appointment on paper given his record of the previous many years

Graham Westley - a dispassionate assessment would suggest reasonable appointment on paper given the highs he achieved with Stevenage, but high risk appointment given his history, perhaps an obvious case of being led by "football people" (McGhee, Fry); perhaps Nugent would also fall into that category

John Still - good appointment on paper, excellent record at Luton and Daggers, but never quite fit in at Barnet previously and ultimately quite a let down

Darren Currie - probably appointed by default, did reasonably well and departure (seemingly entirely TK's decision) poorly handled

Peter Beadle - left field appointment on paper, ultimately disastrous, probably set up to fail in any case, not clear if any input from football people or one of TK's solo numbers, subsequent signings perhaps influenced by favoured agents etc

Tim Flowers - decent appointment on paper, but deeper rot already set in and ultimately a let down
letchbee94

Meh
Just interested in seeing action now.