New signings.

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beew

New signings.

We have a new management squad, so a week in, when are we likely to see our first signing announced? Asking for a friend!
ETBee

Re: New signings.

I think most contracts don't finish until the end of June and any player worth their salt would not jump at the first offer they get. It also takes a while to recruit sombody. So we just have to be patient and trust tbe new team.
northantsbee

Southend Echo Sports Reporter has heard Barnet are interested in Simeon Akinola and Ashley Nathaniel-George. Not sure Sim would want to come back!

https://twitter.com/CJPhillips1982/stat ... 7427856388
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
rudebwoyben

Nathaniel-George was part of a lethal Hendon forward line along with Josh Walker that almost got them into the NLS in 17/18.
Norfolkbee

Just been catching up on some news on players released by various clubs and the one that took my eye was former Chesterfield captain Will Evans. He's a solid centre back who has played most of his football in the South. He certainly has leadership qualities on the pitch, but do we need another centre half?
moortownbee

rudebwoyben wrote:Nathaniel-George was part of a lethal Hendon forward line along with Josh Walker that almost got them into the NLS in 17/18.
Also played under Kewell at Crawley.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:Just been catching up on some news on players released by various clubs and the one that took my eye was former Chesterfield captain Will Evans. He's a solid centre back who has played most of his football in the South. He certainly has leadership qualities on the pitch, but do we need another centre half?
Very good player but we would probably need to offload 2 of the 4 centrebacks on our books to accomodate him plus he was most likely on good money at Spireites
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Just been catching up on some news on players released by various clubs and the one that took my eye was former Chesterfield captain Will Evans. He's a solid centre back who has played most of his football in the South. He certainly has leadership qualities on the pitch, but do we need another centre half?
Very good player but we would probably need to offload 2 of the 4 centrebacks on our books to accomodate him plus he was most likely on good money at Spireites
Agree regarding offloading players. As for the wages, it would be a good opportunity to see if the chairman is making more than just noises about building a strong squad.
jerroll

Agree NB but unfortunately I expect Mr Kleanthous to hold fire until stage 4 of the road map is in place and crowds without restrictions are allowed plus unlimited numbers allowed to return to Indian weddings.
ricardobee

Jerroll, please don't get me started!
BigBee

ricardobee wrote:Jerroll, please don't get me started!
Aaand, he’s off. :whistle:
hoofer2

We were saying the same about Nugent too.
Norfolkbee

hoofer2 wrote:
We were saying the same about Nugent too.
I think these days we all tend to take anything where Barnet FC and the chairman are concerned with a large dollop of cynicism.
Ajtheone04

Would've liked to see someone in this week just to raise morale and gain us some hype but if there wasn't a player ready then I guess we'll just have to wait until we find someone we like.
Tuesds

Ajtheone04 wrote:Would've liked to see someone in this week just to raise morale and gain us some hype but if there wasn't a player ready then I guess we'll just have to wait until we find someone we like.
Agreed, however as others have said previously players’ contracts tend to run until June 30th, and clubs generally like to make announcements after that point. Obviously transfers are being announced by some clubs and we’ve announced the odd signing at this sort of point previously, and it would be nice to get news of one or two.

However, Boreham Wood have announced this week that they will have transfer news after June 30th when their signings’ existing contracts have expired, and I expect we’ll largely be the same.