Tasdemir out, CM in

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Guiseleybee

Tasdemir out, CM in

Surely we must looking to offload Tasdemir and bring a CM in instead? Presumably fairly straightforward to cancel Tasdemir loan? If we could find a CM on loan would make a huge difference and be far better use of the budget. That would only then leave Doherty and Nugent as complete wasters in our squad.
#Beebot

Re: Tasdemir out, CM in

No, it would not be straightforward to cancel his loan. It's season long. There might be a January break clause at the earliest.
Mem Beespod

Something must have gone on behind the scenes. There’s a good player in there that needs to be unlocked like we did with Puncheon
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Patel89

Mem Beespod wrote:Something must have gone on behind the scenes. There’s a good player in there that needs to be unlocked like we did with Puncheon
Agree I believe there's a good player there but I think he's a luxury player that would be great off the bench when your in good positions I don't believe currently he would work hard enough in this team
ETBee

I think it's his attitude/confidence. He may still feel miffed that Posh did not believe he was good enough for the first team, as he apparently believed. On the pitch he didn't seem to have much energy and gave up too easily and kept moving sideways until he lost the ball. Ironically under DB the team seems more ambitious so Tadesmir might do better.
rudebwoyben

Patel89 wrote:
Mem Beespod wrote:Something must have gone on behind the scenes. There’s a good player in there that needs to be unlocked like we did with Puncheon
Agree I believe there's a good player there but I think he's a luxury player that would be great off the bench when your in good positions I don't believe currently he would work hard enough in this team
That’s my view too.
jerroll

Guiseleybee wrote:Surely we must looking to offload Tasdemir and bring a CM in instead? Presumably fairly straightforward to cancel Tasdemir loan? If we could find a CM on loan would make a huge difference and be far better use of the budget. That would only then leave Doherty and Nugent as complete wasters in our squad.
It doesn't work like that, as Beebot says it's a season long loan without a recall option, would have to negotiate termination with Posh which probably couldn't happen until the transfer window for league clubs reopens on 1 january. as others have said there is a confidence player in there somewhere and he already has 2 goals in 6 games but a bit like Fonguck he offers goals and that's such a rare commodity.
northantsbee

Most strikers we've had over the past few seasons would be happy with a strike rate of 1 in three. Nicky Bailey in his first stint at the club was probably the last time we had a midfielder that scored regularly. If he's a bit miffed at Posh not thinking he's ready for the first team the best thing he can do is prove them wrong by putting a shift in here.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
amberforever

I wouldn’t be bothered if he was shipped out. His heart and effort he puts in doesn’t appear to be in the club.
rudebwoyben

northantsbee wrote:Most strikers we've had over the past few seasons would be happy with a strike rate of 1 in three. Nicky Bailey in his first stint at the club was probably the last time we had a midfielder that scored regularly. If he's a bit miffed at Posh not thinking he's ready for the first team the best thing he can do is prove them wrong by putting a shift in here.
Curtis Weston in 14/15 got into double figures with league goals.
becbee

It's such a gamble with loan players. Some view it as an opportunity to get match time and they give it their all. Some see being sent to a lower league club as beneath them. The players who go on to have successful careers are far more likely to be in the former category.

Peterborough clearly don't want him. His contract there expires at the end of the season. It really is in his own interests to buckle down and make an impression with us or he'll find himself out of work next summer with minimal prospects.
b4life

I simply do not understand the mentality of players in Tasdemir's situation. If he plays awesomely he proves Peterborough wrong and likely to get snapped up by a league team or at least get a decent contract at Barnet. Doesn't he want to prove that he's better than this level?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
jerroll

Now Nuge has gone, hopefully money will be available to try and get a decent midfielder in.
rudebwoyben

Re: Nugent out, CM in

jerroll wrote:Now Nuge has gone, hopefully money will be available to try and get a decent midfielder in.
Thread Title now changed!
northantsbee

I doubt Nugent was on a massive wage considering he was signed during TK's austerity sesaon, still every little helps
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/