Woking (Away) The Match Thread Flushed With Success

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Valter E

Re: Woking (Away) The Match Thread Flushed With Success

Well done Dean and the Boys!
barnet34

Great stuff bees, were now showing an intensity that has been missing for far too long.
b4life

Something special is starting. This manager and team deserve our support, the team needs YOU now!
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
wiggy

pletch99 wrote:Good win today in a tight game. While we probably just about deserved to edge the game, a lot of credit must go to Oxborough who twice made supurb stops when one on one with a Woking striker.

Thought the team showed great resolve after a terrible start. Overall I thought this was a real team performance, nobody was outstanding, but everyone really battled hard. Pleased to see Marriott get a couple of goals - both from close range after set pieces. He seems to be growing in confidence and links play really well and he gave Woking's much bigger defenders a real battle. Once again Mason Clarke took a really battering through out the game and ended up being booked for complaining about it to the referee. We're starting to look dangerous on the break - we just need to improve the final ball. Lost count of the number of times today where we got behind them and then either produce a poor cross or delayed too long and allowed Woking to recover, but equally we did put a couple of good balls in that evaded our players by a couple of inches.

I'd also like to give Mitch Brundle a shout out - he's come in for a lot of criticism this year and in early games I feared we would be over-run and I was worried about that today with Flanagan and Woods not available, but in the event we gave as good as we got in midfield and I never really noticed Brundle struggling as he did in some of the early games - he's never going to be quick, but he got around the pitch really well today and won a lot of tackles and headers.
Good assessment of the game. I also thought Dean Brennan made good use of his subs today. Bringing on Serhat Tasdemir for Wes who was having little impact in the 2nd half, was a good move with the Tasdemir setting up the winner & putting in another dangerous ball a couple of minutes earlier. Serhat played on the RHS with Ephron switching to the left allowing him to attack the other flank. Another positive move was bringing on Bloomfield & just like the Torquay game last week - we had both strikers on the pitch when we scored our winner. Classic move in bringing on another defender in Richards-Everton to defend our lead with thankfully only 3 mins added on for stoppages. Good all-round team performance - I also thought Harry Taylor was superb in midfield and was a solid anchor in front of the back four. It was so worth braving the cold for such a fine win. Co-incidentally, Woking are the only team in the top 5 divisions yet to draw a League game this season. Good on Adam Marriott to keep that run going for them :D
letchbee94

Very cold afternoon but Marriott getting that last minute goal helped warm me up at the end.
Marriott was 1 of the players who impressed me pre season and it is good to see him starting to produce now.
alexbach

Dolly reduced to thisImage

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
alexbach

Dolly reduced to thisImage

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
Modernist

Longer highlights and commentary from Radio Surry from Woking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkF1DPjyyfI&t=4s
Modernist

Longer highlights and commentary from Radio Surry from Woking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkF1DPjyyfI&t=4s