Reckless Family Goody Corner 2021

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Reckless

Reckless Family Goody Corner 2021

So.......here we go again,..............Remember years ago and all those really scummy things that were only available at Christmas time?
The Reckless Family Goody Corner was started by my Dad when I was a kiddie. There were Satsuma Oranges, Mixed Nuts, Eat Me Dates and Chocs but we were not allowed to touch anything until Christmas Eve. I have keep the tradition going reserving a space on a worktop - although the bits are kept in the sideboard for a while yet to resist temptation
Now, nothing posh is required you understand as that spoils it - no Hampers from M&S or Harrods and Fortnam & Mason gift boxes just stuff you can scoff and pig out on and not worry about waistlines, fillings or cholesterol for a week or two.
It will expand very quickly and as always I invite suggestions and hope there will be the normal annual "Battle of the Twiglets v Cheese Balls" debate.
Happy Christmas to all Barnet fans everywhere - here's to a weight gain of 6lbs and a new year Dentist appointment.
Happy Xmas - Reckless.

So far after a visit to Sainsbury in Poo Bar today....
TIN OF ROSES
THREE PACK FRYS CHOCOLATE CREAM - The Ultimate Choc Bar, no arguements
THREE PACK OF TURKISH DELIGHT - The other Ultimate Choc bar, but can understand the critics
AFTER EIGHT MINTS.
SALTED CASHEWS
BOTTLE OF ADVOCAAT
ETBee

Re: Reckless Family Goody Corner 2021

Some Christmases our Dad used to buy a proper barrel of Bass and it was placed under the stairs complete with tap. This tradition ended after my 10 year old brother discovered that he liked this new drink (he hasn't changed!) and became very drunk and aggressive. Is there space on the worktop for even a token such barrel, Reckless?
pgbee

Most of the booze is in now courtesy of The Wine Society, the best thing about Stevenage, not difficult I know. Confess to a hamper from them.
M&S chocolate biscuits.
finchleyman

A jar of Colemans mustard
amberforever

English of course.
Roy57

Love your Xmas goody list Reckless. Mine similar and like you.
Nothing expensive as misses point.

Twiglets - oh yes
After eight - oh yes
Fry's cream mints ( are these not the same as after eight. Or am I thinking of something else )
Tin of either Roses or Celebrations.
Cheese balls.
Bottle of Bailys
Advocaat ( only comes out at xmas )
But same as you. Whatever you make up nothing is wrong as it's your choice. As long as golden
Rule is not broken. Nothing mega expensive or elaborate as would miss the point of nice but naughty. Happy Xmas to all Bee supporters everywhere.
pgbee

Cheese footballs
Assorted nuts in shells
Terrys Chocolate Orange
Jacobs Cheese biscuit selection
Plastic tin of Heroes
Bottle of Amarula
Last edited by pgbee on 03 Dec 2021, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
fordybarnet

50 pints of Beavertown Neckoil Bitter !
ninestein

How about a tray of jelly fruit segments?

My mum also used to have an old fashioned wooden nut tray, and a metal nut cracker which balanced on the middle. As Xmas approached, my Grandad would venture to Barnet market and buy a proper bag of assorted nuts in shells to go in it. Cracking the nuts used to make a right mess on the floor...

And Roka cheese crispies! Very moreish!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
dawat

Can't stand dates, but love my chocolate covered Brazil nuts (no puns please)!
Lord Bee

Not allowed milk or dark chocolate for health reasons. Just been presented with a white chocolate Terry’s chocolate orange for the Christmas cupboard so am a very happy little bunny. They don’t do them every year. Ideal.
Monsieur Abeille

Ah, it must be Christmas!

Your list, in its infancy, is missing twiglets, (not cheesy footballs which smell and taste like my socks), and Newberry fruits. A nice port perhaps? Oh and some brazil and walnuts in their shells.
pgbee

A bottle of Stones Ginger Wine was my grandfather's tipple at Christmas and in memory I will purchase one, not for the first time...
Reckless

I recieved my customary box of Cystalised Fruits from Gordon Marshall this morning........he never forgets
Mint Matchmakers have appeared along with a weird Cadbury Dairy Milk flavoured with Orange! Jesus why?
A Box of Family Circle biscuits have also appeared, standard fayre for the working classes in the old days. Finally a tin of Liquorice Alsorts - they still haven't realised that no one f**king likes the jelly one covered in pimples.