Back to Barnet Situation

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
b4life

Re: Back to Barnet Situation

becbee wrote:I agree also. Especially the sentence about the miserable streams !
Me too, now is the time to get behind Dean and the team especially with bums on seats.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Joss

The move to The Hive, unless I'm imagining things, was supposed to be for a maximum of 10 years, after which time TK promised we'd go back to Barnet.

I think that 10th year will be 2023/24, so it's not too far off, and it's not too unreasonable to ask the question on here. More to the point, I think we deserve an update from TK.
Patel89

Mem Beespod wrote:TK said it in our Beespod interview that he keeps an eye on any opportunities for a new site in Barnet. I believe him and I don’t believe I’m being naive in taking him on his word.

Barnet doesn’t need another training ground. Just a site to hold a stadium with enough space to have stands that can have spaces that can be rented out commercially. He could double capacity for all the non match business he has in place like the uni, wedding etc

TK’s a business man. He knows that a stadium in Barnet making money throughout the year is a no brainer so his motives might not be quite the same as ours but they benefit us if he can find what he’s looking for.
I absolutely agree with this and believe him as well.

One thing TK may not be good at is running a football club but the thing he is excellent at is running successful businesses
jerroll

Joss wrote:The move to The Hive, unless I'm imagining things, was supposed to be for a maximum of 10 years, after which time TK promised we'd go back to Barnet.

I think that 10th year will be 2023/24, so it's not too far off, and it's not too unreasonable to ask the question on here. More to the point, I think we deserve an update from TK.
The club announced several years back that was no longer the case, your were correct that was the original intention.
Tynant14

Can you honestly believe that crowds would grow if Barnet FC moved back to the Borough of Barnet.
Do you think that the part time Barnet FC supporters who would not travel to The Hive would all suddenly return to support te Bees if back in Barnet.
I dont live in Barnet or Edgware but have been a season ticket holder for more than 30 years proving that you dont need to live in Barnet to support Barnet FC.
How many Chelsea fans live in Chelse. Oh sorry Chelsea play in Fulham???
Tynant14

Can you honestly believe that crowds would grow if Barnet FC moved back to the Borough of Barnet.
Do you think that the part time Barnet FC supporters who would not travel to The Hive would all suddenly return to support te Bees if back in Barnet.
I dont live in Barnet or Edgware but have been a season ticket holder for more than 30 years proving that you dont need to live in Barnet to support Barnet FC.
HertsBee

Yes, it would make a difference. I hardly missed any games at Underhill in over 40 years but i have only been to the Hive 3 times.
Tynant14

WHY????????
alexbach

alexbach wrote:Essentially the council submitted a plan for a geologically unsound site. Ah well somewhere on tinternet there is still the photo of councillor Salinger welcoming us.. haha

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
New bfcsa ask Tony but his reply Will be the one he privately gave me roughly twelve years ago when I was acting bfcsa chairman Image personally don't see situation ever changing

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
becbee

Tynant14 wrote:Can you honestly believe that crowds would grow if Barnet FC moved back to the Borough of Barnet.
Ditto.
I've never lived in Barnet or Edgware either but have watched Barnet for almost 22 years and been a S.T. holder for 20 seasons.
ETBee

About time we stopped looking backwards and churning over old ground. Let's look forward with the great team we have now!
becbee

ETBee wrote:About time we stopped looking backwards and churning over old ground. Let's look forward with the great team we have now!
Exactly my thoughts.

We cannot change the past and we don't know what the future holds but let's enjoy the present.
mike_p

A move back to Barnet is about as likely as the east stand scoreboard being fixed.
Mickbee

mike_p wrote:A move back to Barnet is about as likely as the east stand scoreboard being fixed.

LOL totally, forget about a move back to Barnet not going to happen. Just like the above.

What reason did TK give for it not being fixed? If they need a new plug or fuse I have one.
pletch99

Mickbee wrote:
mike_p wrote:A move back to Barnet is about as likely as the east stand scoreboard being fixed.

LOL totally, forget about a move back to Barnet not going to happen. Just like the above.

What reason did TK give for it not being fixed? If they need a new plug or fuse I have one.
I have heard that the problem is that the scoreboard was supplied by a Chinese company who have subsequently fallen out with TK. No idea whether that is true or not, something along the lines of he claims they haven't delivered what they were contracted to, they claim he owes them money. Neither side willing to budge. Hence scoreboard doesn't get fixed. While it's annoying, I have to say there are far more important things for the club to fix, than the score board. I can usually count the goals myself quite successfully.