Back to Barnet Situation

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Back to Barnet Situation

I have family members who support Saracens, street parking anywhere remotely near the ground is impossible and car parking charges make The Hive's seem cheap!
The ground capacity has been 10,000. They are now undergoing a £23million redevelopment of their West Stand.
https://www.saracens.com/club/new-west-stand/
jerroll

ninestein wrote:The 10k stadium with athletics track outside reminded me of Sixfields, only much much better.
But as said elsewhere, just as tricky to get to as the Hive for Underhill-based locals.
South Underhill was the best proposal. It's a shame that it never got off the ground.
I've always said that if the Hive had been built on Barnet Lane, the whole town would have a sporting facility to really be proud of. Not just for Barnet FC, but also for the poor people who have to play on those awful, unloved grass pitches on a Sunday Morning.

But that's all in the past now. We need to be thankful we have somewhere decent to watch our football. We could easily have been nomads playing at Orient or (god forbid) Stevenage. Get behind the club here and now.
Excellent post sir
amberforever

I can understand the original posters sentiment for returning to Barnet, it doesn’t hurt to dream or means we have to abandon hope.
I always remember that walking through the local streets watching fans walking and filtering toward the ground. The excitement growing to the clanking turnstiles, but then again, I’m an ol git!
Mem Beespod

TK said it in our Beespod interview that he keeps an eye on any opportunities for a new site in Barnet. I believe him and I don’t believe I’m being naive in taking him on his word.

Barnet doesn’t need another training ground. Just a site to hold a stadium with enough space to have stands that can have spaces that can be rented out commercially. He could double capacity for all the non match business he has in place like the uni, wedding etc

TK’s a business man. He knows that a stadium in Barnet making money throughout the year is a no brainer so his motives might not be quite the same as ours but they benefit us if he can find what he’s looking for.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
eastbarnetsupporter

Thanks for all the replies and historical timelines. I remember as a kid seeing a design of South Underhill, not sure if that's still available online somewhere.

Of course, we do have to look forward, and the last few weeks have been an all too rare moment of joy. I fully appreciate The Hive and what it means for the club, and how things could have been so much worse.
rudebwoyben

Brian Stainlinger, the “Barnet fan.”
Any sightings of JohnnyBeeGood and where is his classic thread?
shankbee01

South Underhill would’ve been insanely good, I really think if that had happened we’d be a comfortable league 1/ scrappy championship team. The energy the move took out of everyone is clear to see. It’s such a shame TK isn’t a Tory donor, after all that seems to be the way of getting things through without troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuesds

edgeog wrote:Spurs ladies will be moving out soon as Spurs have bought the Whitewebs GC site and are planning on building a ground there with other sporting facilities.
They have been awarded a lease by Enfield Council (and again unlike Saracens and Copthall, they had to win a competitive tender). I can’t see anything in the plans about a stadium: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/ ... ewebbs.pdf
alexbach

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:https://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/Data/Cab ... nt%208.pdf

Check out page 25 of this document of the proposed Montrose Park site for Barnet FC
Had I been asked I'd have told them it's a flood plain. I worked or taught in the area twenty odd years. Doesn't really matter now

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
BigBee

alexbach wrote:
eastbarnetsupporter wrote:https://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/Data/Cab ... nt%208.pdf

Check out page 25 of this document of the proposed Montrose Park site for Barnet FC
Had I been asked I'd have told them it's a flood plain. I worked or taught in the area twenty odd years. Doesn't really matter now

And so is PEPF.

Barnet FC spent a lot of time and money and still do, on maintaining the
flood plain and water flows through the whole site.

Might be something else, for our Wealdstone supporting friends
to chew on, as they never spent a penny on this either.
alexbach

Essentially the council submitted a plan for a geologically unsound site. Ah well somewhere on tinternet there is still the photo of councillor Salinger welcoming us.. haha

hoofer2

I'd like to see some success on the pitch at The Hive before worrying about a mythical return to Barnet. Which will be a financial drain and will not have enough fans making it happen. I remember when we moved to The Hive TK challenged fans to raise a sum of money that he would match to find a suitable stadium site in Barnet - he was even wearing the Back to Barnet T Shirt. If it didn't happen then, there are even fewer fans now to try

For me the stadium location was all about Barnet Town and not the outer sticks of the Borough. Even if we had moved to a site in the outersticks of Hampstead Garden Suburb or on the Barnet side of Edgware, we'd still have had the same level of complaints about the move from Underhill. Especially those who lived round the corner / opposite a bus stop that took them to the ground!

I like the Hive, better than a lot of new builds at our level and above, and does have a good atmosphere when things happen on the pitch to celebrate - Brentford, Gateshead etc. I am going to put my energy behind Brennan as am enjoying watching football once again. What a contrast to the miserable streams this time last year!
jerroll

hoofer2 wrote:I'd like to see some success on the pitch at The Hive before worrying about a mythical return to Barnet. Which will be a financial drain and will not have enough fans making it happen. I remember when we moved to The Hive TK challenged fans to raise a sum of money that he would match to find a suitable stadium site in Barnet - he was even wearing the Back to Barnet T Shirt. If it didn't happen then, there are even fewer fans now to try

For me the stadium location was all about Barnet Town and not the outer sticks of the Borough. Even if we had moved to a site in the outersticks of Hampstead Garden Suburb or on the Barnet side of Edgware, we'd still have had the same level of complaints about the move from Underhill. Especially those who lived round the corner / opposite a bus stop that took them to the ground!

I like the Hive, better than a lot of new builds at our level and above, and does have a good atmosphere when things happen on the pitch to celebrate - Brentford, Gateshead etc. I am going to put my energy behind Brennan as am enjoying watching football once again. What a contrast to the miserable streams this time last year!
Agree wholeheartedly with this.
becbee

I agree also. Especially the sentence about the miserable streams !