Altrincham (Hive) The Alty Covid People Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Altrincham (Hive) The Alty Covid People Match Thread

Mem Beespod wrote:
Stereotypical Barnet wrote:I think Brundle cops quite a bit of unfair stick from some of our fans, possibly because of his personal views. He’s twice the player of Woods, who is woefully ineffective. Brundle does at least try and move the ball forward.
Not at all. Those of us who have questioned what he actually does in a game were doing that well before he revealed his views.
I was doing so even before he signed for us!
CrawleyBee

letchbee94 wrote:Credit to the players for going until the end, I felt that when the 4 minutes was added that we could have been playing for 4 more days and still not have scored (pleased to have been proved wrong)

A word on the attendance why are the club not announcing how many was there yesterday??
1150 with 90 away. Very poor, but not borehamwood poor! Hopefully few more home fans v Chesterfield.
Formerly Watfordbee
Psycho

Is there something in the water in North London with all the moaning?

Christ, I thought Arsenal and Spuds forums were bad. Log on here and it's just as bad. Get over it.

Think I'll stick to waiting for my booster jab and try to avoid clogging up an NHS hospital.
Sam_BFC

I consider >1,000 home fans a small mercy nowadays.
Well done to those who turned out.
pokal02

It was probably our worst performance since Wrexham but we scraped a draw so I'm not too unhappy. Many on here have forgotten just how terrible last season (and the first 7 games of this) were - I wish I could - and even yesterday was an improvement on that. If someone had offered me 15th place this season any time between May & September I'd have grasped it immediately!
Bee_Forever

It's not just the supporters who were unhappy!

https://youtu.be/em2EqPHvR6w

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
hoofer2

Thomas made it into NLP team of the week and was rated Bees best player with 8. Well done!
hoofer2

Psycho wrote:Is there something in the water in North London with all the moaning?

Christ, I thought Arsenal and Spuds forums were bad. Log on here and it's just as bad. Get over it.

Think I'll stick to waiting for my booster jab and try to avoid clogging up an NHS hospital.
Thats the point. The Booster jab would have been more exciting.

It shows how poor we have been in past couple of seasons to be prepared to settle for this type of performance. I turned down a visit to Waddesdon Manor for this. It would have been a much more fulfilling day out.
becbee

hoofer2 wrote:Thomas made it into NLP team of the week and was rated Bees best player with 8. Well done!
Team of the week for someone who was subbed at half time?
jerroll

becbee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:Thomas made it into NLP team of the week and was rated Bees best player with 8. Well done!
Team of the week for someone who was subbed at half time?
and positioned in the team at centre back - poor journalism!
WillesdenBee

Vlog from Saturdays game. Lets just say the keeper wound us up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpmtYe6-lk
Ajtheone04

Are you sure that's this week's totw? I'm sure he was in there at CB last week after his good performance vs wood as well.
It'll certainly build up some interest in him though
jzsbee

The match highlights on the website running at a generous 2 minutes and 46 seconds tells you everything you need to know about this game.
becbee

Ajtheone04 wrote:
Are you sure that's this week's totw? I'm sure he was in there at CB last week after his good performance vs wood as well.
It'll certainly build up some interest in him though
Quote from an Alty supporter on their message board:

"I had a chat with the NLP guy after the match and he told me that Hulme was his MOM and that was without knowing any of the backstory about it being his first game on his return to the club. Shows what a good second debut it was.

Jordan Thomas for Barnet is an interesting selection given he was subbed at half time - he was very good in the first half though to be fair."