Gateshead (Hive) The Match Thread Hunting Glory

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
Reckless

Re: Gateshead (Hive) The Match Thread Hunting Glory

Whatever the rules are, personally I don't care. I hope it is the club that decides who gets a medal for positive contributions from a "team" to a Championship winning season. The KMB contribution in my opinion don't even to begin to compare with those who received a medal. Count the number of games he wasn't involved in and ask yourself why, because he is a very talented footballer no doubt. Big shame as he has wasted what should have been a peak year in what is we all know is a short occupation. Baffles me.
Cullum92

I do not know why anyone is feeling sorry for KMB about not getting a medal.

I have washed my hands with him, so much potential but the worst attitude I have ever seen.

Its no coincidence he has fallen out with management /hierarchy at every club he has been at. He has disrespected Barnet at every given opportunity and the sooner we get rid of him the better.

I would love for him to put this season aside and hopefully he can be like a new signing next season but I do not see it happening.

Lets get what he can for him in the summer and get someone else in.

COYB
lemming3k

Jimbokav1971 wrote: So Cowler sits on the bench for us a few times and never plays but gets a medal.
Jade the Physio gets a medal.
The bloke who drives the coach to away games gets a medal.
But KMB who makes 10 appearances for us, scored 2 Conference goals and assisted the goal that won us a point at home to Dover doesn't get a medal? That's just wrong. I don't care what has gone on, that's just wrong.
He played 10, lost 4 draw 2 won 4, mostly as a sub and costing us several goals and often contributing so little that we effectively played with 10 men.
It's not how many you play it's what you do out there, 2 goals and an assist doesn't make up for his attitude and leaving us short the rest of the time!
lemming3k

wearebees wrote:Hope Sam Hoskins gets a medal.
Agreed. Contributed more than KMB and didn't upset the squad!
WSBee

KMB doesn't deserve a medal.

Hence the decision not to give him one...
First Half Only

We should of sent the 25th medal to Bristol rovers
WSBee

First Half Only wrote:We should of sent the 25th medal to Bristol rovers
Or even Ricky Modeste :hi:
buzzzzinbee

Everyone who has played for us in the league this season and who is still at the club got a medal aside from KMB and Matt Stevens.
Jimbokav1971

buzzzzinbee wrote:Everyone who has played for us in the league this season and who is still at the club got a medal aside from KMB and Matt Stevens.
And the reason for that is......
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Itsmeerc

I know his attitude has been wrong, but to give the bus driver a medal and not KMB a medal is also wrong. Obviously the club has taken issue with his childish attitude, but seems a pretty childish response from the club.
petersperoni

Reckless wrote:Whatever the rules are, personally I don't care. I hope it is the club that decides who gets a medal for positive contributions from a "team" to a Championship winning season. The KMB contribution in my opinion don't even to begin to compare with those who received a medal. Count the number of games he wasn't involved in and ask yourself why, because he is a very talented footballer no doubt. Big shame as he has wasted what should have been a peak year in what is we all know is a short occupation. Baffles me.
Reckless, the only 'reason' I could give would be misplaced arrogance by either him or his advisors. Arrogance isn't good in the first place but to be so, especially when one's in no position to do so is even worse.

Whether he deserves a medal is down to the manager as far as I'm concerned. MA knows most, I imagine, of what went on beyond our view. From purely a playing side then yes, I would give him one but also those others who have been mentioned.
Monsieur Abeille

Itsmeerc wrote:I know his attitude has been wrong, but to give the bus driver a medal and not KMB a medal is also wrong. Obviously the club has taken issue with his childish attitude, but seems a pretty childish response from the club.
Quite.

There is a strange perception that we have to like our sports stars. We dont. KMB has given a contribution on the field this season, not as good as he could have, but he has contributed (eg the cross for the equaliser v Dover) and deserves a medal if there are sufficient after the main first team have received theirs. I'm afraid he should be well ahead of the busdriver who may be a very nice chap but will have made zero contribution other than making it to the ground on time.

Refusing to give him a medal on grounds of not fitting in or having an argument or just being bolshy is simply childish and drags the club down to his level.
Jimbokav1971

It wouldn't be quite so bad if they just didn't give him a medal, but what they have done by awarding medals to the physio, the analyst and the bloomin bus driver of all people is just ridiculous.

The bus driver! :doh:

What about the Groundsman then?

Or the guy that won the award, (the cleaner)?

What about the bar staff or the stewards?

I think the media guy does good work. What about him?

The programme sellers?

The bloke who talks on the tannoy who we can't hear half the time?

Why doesn't MA's dog get one?

You just can't give a medal to a bus driver and not give it to a player. It's just wrong and it makes us look unprofessional, (which seems to be our issue with KMB in the first place).

When you win something in football, the players get the awards and the acolades, (not the bus driver!)
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
pgbee

You could equally argue David Hunt, Gary Waddock and Sam Hoskins are more deserving of a medal than the bus driver (and KMB) who only just got the team to Bristol in time (apparently??)
hobbitbee

And what about Bernard Mensah?