Re: shaun batt

Dodgy injury record it seems.
chesbee

Seems a strange one to me, just hope he's not signed instead of Clifford
cheshbee

Very confusing signing!
We need a goalkeeper whether to challenge Stack or be a back up.
We could do with Clifford who can play centre or left midfield.
What we don't need is another forward.
What is concerning is MA asked Lisbie his opinion before signing him and funnily enough Batts mate said sign him up. Surely MA must know all about the players before he signs them and shouldn't be asking a former teammate and friend of his for a job reference.

I really hope he is a huge hit and this post comes back to haunt me.
buzzzzinbee

Very odd signing although I don't buy people's claims that he's absolute turd, given that he's spent the past few years of his career in Champ/L1
buzzzzinbee

I can't see us bothering with a new backup GK. Just have McKenzie on the bench and then bring in a loan keeper as and when needed.
buzzzzinbee

Although I am concerned about MA handing out two year deals to unproven players like confetti. That's Tomlinson, Champion and now Batt on two year deals, none of whom are great signings.
BeesKnees

Squad
First choice - Cover
Stack - Mckenzie-Lyle
Hoyte - Vilhete
Johnson - Muggleton
Dembele - Gater
Ngala -Taylor
Yiadom - KMB
Tomlinson - Gambin
Togwell - Champion
Weston - Shomotun
Akinde - Batt
Lisbie - Gash
Last edited by BeesKnees on 09 Jul 2015, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
cheshbee

Where does this leave Mathew Stevens?
Was really hoping to see a lot more of him this season especially now we will be able to name 7 subs.
mcleod23

buzzzzinbee wrote:Although I am concerned about MA handing out two year deals to unproven players like confetti. That's Tomlinson, Champion and now Batt on two year deals, none of whom are great signings.
Champion and Batt who have played football league?
jonbonbaby

Would hardly call batt unproven !
beew

buzzzzinbee wrote:Although I am concerned about MA handing out two year deals to unproven players like confetti. That's Tomlinson, Champion and now Batt on two year deals, none of whom are great signings.
Batt has spent the last 7 years playing at a higher level than league 2. He's 28 so is not past his best so how can you say he's unproven. From what I see he's been to both Millwall and Orient on loan and went on to be signed on a permanent contract. Don't base your opinions on a poster who has come on here to tell us how bad he is. Orient are in freefall in terms of cashflow and are shipping out everyone they can to clear the wage bill. Let's judge this guy as the season progresses, I think you might be surprised.
BeesKnees

This is a view from another orient fan. He sounds ideal as cover for Akinde.

"He has his qualities and no doubt will stick one up on us on the first day of the season.
He is quick, strong and will cause defenders a lot of problems with his physic, for a tall strong guy he is very very quick.
However, he is injury prone, has major issues with his fitness (completed 90mins 6 times I think in 5 years for 3 clubs), after 60mins he tended to fade and his end product is not consistent enough. For a right winger, his crossing is woeful. He is IMO better up front.
Great impact sub to have though, him running at a defence with a bit of confidence in him scares the life out of defenders.
He requires a lot of patience, he has his uses but his fitness is A major concern. He missed the whole 2011 after breaking his leg.
Decent enough signing for League Two though, but we wary of his fitness!"
kingoffootball

BarnetSteve wrote:This is a view from another orient fan. He sounds ideal as cover for Akinde.

"He has his qualities and no doubt will stick one up on us on the first day of the season.
He is quick, strong and will cause defenders a lot of problems with his physic, for a tall strong guy he is very very quick.
However, he is injury prone, has major issues with his fitness (completed 90mins 6 times I think in 5 years for 3 clubs), after 60mins he tended to fade and his end product is not consistent enough. For a right winger, his crossing is woeful. He is IMO better up front.
Great impact sub to have though, him running at a defence with a bit of confidence in him scares the life out of defenders.
He requires a lot of patience, he has his uses but his fitness is A major concern. He missed the whole 2011 after breaking his leg.
Decent enough signing for League Two though, but we wary of his fitness!"
Sounds like he's a replacement for Steve Kabba.
Three-time Conference champions