Carlisle (Hive) The Gashman Cometh Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Carlisle (Hive) The Gashman Cometh Match Thread

I'm sure you and I could both stay on our feet better than Battman!
b4life

jerroll wrote:I'm sure you and I could both stay on our feet better than Battman!
A giraffe on roller skates could do better than Batt. How on earth did he ever become a professional footballer?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
hobbitbee

There is a videon on the Leyton Orient message board showing Orient beating Notts County 5-1 in 2013 and the 5th goal is a stunning goal from Shaun Batt!! Lisbie scored the first two.
letchbee94

Could not fault Batt for effort though, having said I hope we see Akinde back in the team next week.
RichardM

b4life wrote:We've lost all shape now and can't keep the ball at all. No threat up front either, only one winner unless it stays nil nil.

Stevens kicking is appalling.
Martin Allen was telling StePHens to kick goal kicks out wide. That being the case it is highly likely most would go out for a throw. He was only following orders.
RichardM

buzzzzinbee wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a manager single handedly destroy our chances of winning through poor substitutions like MA did today. What should have been a comfortable win was ruined by MA whose logic was bordering on deranged today.

To take off Hackett when he was just getting into the game, Gash when he provided our only chance of scoring, bringing on an RB and DM in their places and to then keep Batt on the pitch for 90 minutes when he had no chance of scoring even if he had Ozil in behind him, was just shameful and embarrassing.

Are people really prepared to forgive crap like this in exchange for 17th and beating Bristol Rovers? Seriously?
I am more likely not to forgive the constant crap you inflict on us.
BeesKnees

RichardM wrote:
b4life wrote:We've lost all shape now and can't keep the ball at all. No threat up front either, only one winner unless it stays nil nil.

Stevens kicking is appalling.
Martin Allen was telling StePHens to kick goal kicks out wide. That being the case it is highly likely most would go out for a throw. He was only following orders.
Doesn't it depend how wide you kick them? Most went out on the full.

I'm afraid our style of play was poor and if this is what Allen wants to see then it doesnt make me feel encouraged. A bit of a shame really as I thought Sesay and Randall were both looking to play football rather than rugby.
letchbee94

buzzzzinbee wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a manager single handedly destroy our chances of winning through poor substitutions like MA did today. What should have been a comfortable win was ruined by MA whose logic was bordering on deranged today.

To take off Hackett when he was just getting into the game, Gash when he provided our only chance of scoring, bringing on an RB and DM in their places and to then keep Batt on the pitch for 90 minutes when he had no chance of scoring even if he had Ozil in behind him, was just shameful and embarrassing.

Are people really prepared to forgive crap like this in exchange for 17th and beating Bristol Rovers? Seriously?
Secret gooner are you buzzzzinbee?
beew

We're a team in transition given the comings and goings of the last week. Wasn't pretty yesterday but we created the best chances and gained another important point against a side above us in the table. I take heart in our ability to keep the momentum going, two clean sheets in a row and 4 points in the bag against clubs most would consider have better finances than us. Rovers went to an in form Oxford today and won, scoring 2 goals in the process, yet we managed to somehow keep them to long range shots which they fluffed.I've seen many a capitulation against these type of sides over the last decade to realise we're actually not in that bad. The future might not be as grim as some on here report and maybe we have a foundation to build upon, for a successful few seasons.
BeesKnees

Just hope we can improve our away form by getting the chavenage manager the sack
beew

BeesKnees wrote:Just hope we can improve our away form by getting the chavenage manager the sack
Amen
letchbee94

BeesKnees wrote:Just hope we can improve our away form by getting the chavenage manager the sack
No, I like Teddy he doing a good job for them lol.
buzzzzinbee

RichardM wrote:

I am more likely not to forgive the constant crap you inflict on us.
Did you support MA throwing away any chance of 3 points on 60 minutes?
buzzzzinbee

letchbee94 wrote:

Secret gooner are you buzzzzinbee?
Nope, Ozil was just the first name that came to mind!
moortownbee

buzzzzinbee wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:

What I would say is that Hackett has played only 3 minutes of first team football since Saturday 17th October, so to expect him to last 90 minutes yesterday is a bit hopeful. Also Gash was playing with a hamstring niggle and in my opinion was blowing a bit before being subbed.