scoreboard in the east stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
djhdjh

Re: scoreboard in the east stand

Nah, if it must fail, better to fail entertainingly.
ricardobee

Load of moaners on here.
Now lets get our priorities right, did they all manage to get into the wedding reception on time?
RichardM

ricardobee wrote:Load of moaners on here.
Now lets get our priorities right, did they all manage to get into the wedding reception on time?
I tend to watch the match and not the scoreboard so I can't have a moan in this case unfortunately.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

First Half Only wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:
First Half Only wrote:Any chance of this actually working properly
Rnet 0 Ovil 0 just looks so tinpot doesnt it.

Then towards the end we had Braintrees badge up there and home team 1 away team 3.
I suppose they have only had 3 months to sort it out.
Worked fine throughout pre-season. Would you rather the club spent a significant amount of money on a dodgy scoreboard or invest it in the playing budget.

I’m pretty happy with a dodgy scoreboard and a winning team than the other way around.

Typical Barnet fans can’t help but have a moan.
How do you know it would cost a significant amount if money to fix?? are you a scoreboard maintenance expert?

it's a scoreboard... cant imagine it takes too much investment
to get it working ok..
I'm just suggesting rather than keep it up there looking tinpot then maybe just switch the whole thing off.

Believe me theres many many more things I could moan about.
Both scoreboards were showing the same incorrect rubbish so it was probably just a software problem.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Rupes

The point being that there are lots of smaller items which, if fixed, would make the sum of the whole be a lot more palatable for all. I don't think anyone expects perfection (and nor should they), but I don't see any harm in getting the little details correct wherever possible, it's easily done you just need the will to do it.
barnetpete

Most of you have 10 fingers and 10 toes, just use them for counting.

Failing that, grab yourself a note book and pen and keep score, or grab some lipstick and mark it on the neck of the guy or gal in front of you.

Oh and invest in a watch. Shame Tom Salinger no longer visits the hive, his stopwatch would come in handy.

I joked on Saturday that there would be a thread on this. Page 2 and counting.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
MCB

I long for the day that the only thing to moan about at the club will be scoreboard issues.

Fortunately I had no issues counting to one on Saturday.
becbee

It's what we get used to, what our expectations are. If someone left a box of chocolates our seats before every match, doubtless we'd complain the time they didn't.

When I go to an away fixture I always look for the clock. If there isn't one, then I note the time when both halves kick off. At The Hive, we have a score board so I rely upon that. Had I known that we'd have no score board after 82 (?) minutes, then I'd have known to follow the time on my phone. Maybe even set the stop watch. Which is what I sometimes do for injury time anyway.

What happened on Saturday wasn't the end of the world but yes, it bothered me more than many of the things fans on here moan about. eg the Indian weddings.
Reckless

Inadequate temperature control and storage of dangerous foodstuffs, storage of cooked and raw meat in same trays, storage of raw meat above confectionery, with consequent dripping of meat juices onto cream products, refrigerator seals loose and cracked, ice box undefrosted, and refrigerator overstocked and two dead pigeons in the water tank.....Everything else ok?
Everybody is spoilt with all these mod cons. Scoreboard? We had a clock at Underhill over the turnstile block and that hardly ever worked. When I covered the Tannoy we had to go under the main stand and write the half times down from the telly and that was black and white probably.
#oldgitboredofthemoaming
djhdjh

barnetpete wrote:Most of you have 10 fingers and 10 toes, just use them for counting.

Failing that, grab yourself a note book and pen and keep score, or grab some lipstick and mark it on the neck of the guy or gal in front of you.

Oh and invest in a watch. Shame Tom Salinger no longer visits the hive, his stopwatch would come in handy.

On the other hand it gave you a chance to do what you do best which is feel superior to other supporters so all's well that ends well I suppose.
Anthony

Reckless wrote:Inadequate temperature control and storage of dangerous foodstuffs, storage of cooked and raw meat in same trays, storage of raw meat above confectionery, with consequent dripping of meat juices onto cream products, refrigerator seals loose and cracked, ice box undefrosted, and refrigerator overstocked and two dead pigeons in the water tank.....Everything else ok?
Everybody is spoilt with all these mod cons. Scoreboard? We had a clock at Underhill over the turnstile block and that hardly ever worked. When I covered the Tannoy we had to go under the main stand and write the half times down from the telly and that was black and white probably.
#oldgitboredofthemoaming
A clock that was covered up by the Colin Montgomerie stand! Even though it must have been up for five or six years, I still found myself peering over to my right from the ET several times a game only to see it complete obscured by that shack.
fordybarnet

And now there's a fecking Academy in the way ! :grrr:
BigBee

djhdjh wrote:
barnetpete wrote:Most of you have 10 fingers and 10 toes, just use them for counting.

On the other hand it gave you a chance to do what you do best which is feel superior to other supporters so all's well that ends well I suppose.
I hope that’s a Joke.
BarnetPete is too much of a gentleman too respond to such
a banal comment, if it isn’t.
John_c

Good lord.

What a waste of time and energy.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
barnetpete

John_c wrote:Good lord.

What a waste of time and energy.
More 'lack of' than 'waste'.... people couldn't see the time because electrical energy wasn't converting to light energy in the LEDs.

Yours
Mr Superior

It's ok I'll be back to moan about the Bovril at some point. :geahh:
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,