New Supporters' Association Podcast

Mem Beespod

New Supporters' Association Podcast

This is the first BFCSA podcast with Mem and Charlie Cassen hosting. Guests are BFCSA Chair Mark Whitelegg and Executive Committee member Carla Devine who share their findings from the BFCSA meeting with Barnet FC chairman Tony Kleanthous, Director of Football Dean Brennan and Head of the Hive Foundation Daniel Martin.

https://soundcloud.com/beespod/barnet-f ... on-podcast
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
BeesKnees

Re: New Supporters' Association Podcast

Did TK forget that all his applications for a south stand development have been refused?
Beesting

I know its early days and its the first meeting the SA has had with TK and Barnet but I am getting the sense the difficult questions are not being asked. Just because TK has given the supporters the time of day doesn't mean we can just nod and agree to everything he says. I just hope the SA moving forward can stand up to TK and if need be make it uncomfortable for him.
b4life

Do you really think that setting out to make TK 'uncomfortable' is an effective strategy to build trust with the club and have an effective voice for the supporters? He can just ignore us if he wants. I suggest not. I think that's been tried before and failed. That doesn't mean we have to or will do in the future just nod and agree to everything he says either. As anyone who has worked with me will know, I am no lapdog! We have to find a way of working together. We won't agree all the time but hopefully enough of the time to benefit supporters and the club.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Mikel Bee

BeesKnees wrote:Did TK forget that all his applications for a south stand development have been refused?
The club has planning permission for a North Stand style stand to be built on the South side. Development is expected to begin once the terrace has been relocated.
BeesKnees

Mikel Bee wrote:
BeesKnees wrote:Did TK forget that all his applications for a south stand development have been refused?
The club has planning permission for a North Stand style stand to be built on the South side. Development is expected to begin once the terrace has been relocated.
That's not what they applied for in 2019 and had rejected.

I'm still none to he wiser as to why the terrace cannot be used in the meantime.
Mikel Bee

BeesKnees wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:
That's not what they applied for in 2019 and had rejected.

I'm still none to he wiser as to why the terrace cannot be used in the meantime.
It's this application from 2017, P/2764/17

"Erection of a new south stand with supporting leisure and hospitality facilities to the rear of the stand replacement of seating within the east stand with terraces and an increase in the total capacity of the stadium from 5 176 to 8 500"

We were told that since various utilities on that side of the ground have already been dismantled, at present it can't be used by spectators. The club are awaiting permission to move the South Terrace to the astro pitches.
BeesKnees

How convenient
Sam_BFC

What was different about the more recent and rejected 2019 application compared to the still approved 2017 application?
BeesKnees

Sam_BFC wrote:What was different about the more recent and rejected 2019 application compared to the still approved 2017 application?
Bigger wraparound with accomodation, part of the making the stadium a campus, hotel and rooms for patients.
Sam_BFC

Of course.