Legends Bar

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
b4life

Legends Bar

Following consultation with the club, the Supporters Association can confirm that the Legends bar will be open to 6pm minimum for a 3pm kick off. We expect to discuss with the club what the longer term vision for the Legends bar as part of a wider discussion about the overall matchday experience. Also, the free drink won't be available tomorrow to season ticket holders due to FA Cup restrictions.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
adher36

Re: Legends Bar

Is there any point? Only half a dozen or so people bothered to hang around when the players and manager were literally going over for the player of the match award.
becbee

I suppose the club can only try it and see what the uptake is. If nothing else it shows the club are listening to the SA. Hope it's successful.
Darrenp77

The quality of the beer over the last few home games has been poor to say the least. The set up at Dover for example worked perfectly last week and to this day it still amazes me that one of our biggest sources of match day revenue is poorly run

I would get rid of the taps personally as we probably miss pour more pints per barrel than we actually sell.

Two or three bottled lagers and the same for ales and consult the fans to what they would like stocked
MCB

Closing at 4.45 was crazy. If we want to build the bar into something fans want to spend time in then this is a start.

So many possibilities. Later opening. Better beer. Quicker service. Food. Sky Sports. No DJ's. We'll all have our personal desires.

But it all begins with the ruddy thing being open which it hasn't been. And this commitment extends beyond tomorrows game.

Be interested for people to list what what make them want to stay afterwards for a few drinks rather than disappearing off?
jerroll

MCB wrote:Closing at 4.45 was crazy. If we want to build the bar into something fans want to spend time in then this is a start.

So many possibilities. Later opening. Better beer. Quicker service. Food. Sky Sports. No DJ's. We'll all have our personal desires.

But it all begins with the ruddy thing being open which it hasn't been. And this commitment extends beyond tomorrows game.

Be interested for people to list what what make them want to stay afterwards for a few drinks rather than disappearing off?
No good for me , public transport takes over 1 1/2 hours from where I live whereas I can drive in 25 mins - i would have considered staying around after a game had the ground still been in Barnet which is still only a 15 minute bus ride away.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Darrenp77 wrote:The quality of the beer over the last few home games has been poor to say the least. The set up at Dover for example worked perfectly last week and to this day it still amazes me that one of our biggest sources of match day revenue is poorly run

I would get rid of the taps personally as we probably miss pour more pints per barrel than we actually sell.

Two or three bottled lagers and the same for ales and consult the fans to what they would like stocked
The bottled XB bitter is OK
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
MCB

jerroll wrote: No good for me , public transport takes over 1 1/2 hours from where I live whereas I can drive in 25 mins - i would have considered staying around after a game had the ground still been in Barnet which is still only a 15 minute bus ride away.
Yeh that ones not really a quick fix
jerroll

MCB wrote:
jerroll wrote: No good for me , public transport takes over 1 1/2 hours from where I live whereas I can drive in 25 mins - i would have considered staying around after a game had the ground still been in Barnet which is still only a 15 minute bus ride away.
The principle is a good one just not for me in my location and for the record I would have voted no in the mythical referendum!
letchbee94

MCB wrote:
How about a shuttle bus :P
letchbee94

By way club do not help themselves advertising the club shop opening at 12.30 but turnstiles not opening until 13.30.
tonbridgebee

b4life wrote:Following consultation with the club, the Supporters Association can confirm that the Legends bar will be open to 6pm minimum for a 3pm kick off. We expect to discuss with the club what the longer term vision for the Legends bar as part of a wider discussion about the overall matchday experience. Also, the free drink won't be available tomorrow to season ticket holders due to FA Cup restrictions.
A small win, just as I said on another post, these are what we need short term.

Next win it appears to be sorting out the beer itself? It wasn't great when Nick and I were at the Weymouth game, one thing having the place open but no good if the product is not drinkable.
jerroll

letchbee94 wrote:
MCB wrote:
How about a shuttle bus :P
Slowwer than our midfield under Kewell.
PBBee

Went back to the main bar today for the first time this season (was always in there before we stopped being allowed to stand behind the goal) - prefer the setup so much more than the legends bar.
letchbee94

PBBee wrote:Went back to the main bar today for the first time this season (was always in there before we stopped being allowed to stand behind the goal) - prefer the setup so much more than the legends bar.
In what way do you prefer it?